Took a few photos of the DWS expansion during a site visit the other day...

wow, thanks. I didn't realize they were doing so much dirt work under the stadium.

You can already see that the stadium is going to look sooooo much bigger by having the closed north end. The stadium always looks so small on TV because of the open ends but I think this will help a lot.
    I hope they do ticketing right though for TV look. From now on, you will always see the lower horseshoe and many times the east side upper deck. You will continue to never see the west side upper on TV, so it should be the last tickets sold.

What they're attempting to complete under the west side..

..in the next 4 months is a MAJOR undertaking. If my name was on the contract I'd be sweating bullets looking at that turn over date.

What all are they doing to the west concourse?

Gutting it. New restrooms, concessions, ramps, more elevators.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

They ripped out every single structure except the elevator tower. You're literally not going to recognize it when it's done. The "grand staircase" on the south end alone is going to be an incredible improvement.

Thanks, for the pics! I for one am glad to see all the ground work under the west side, as I am handicap and have difficulty walking on uneven ground. Thank you Scott Strickland!

Absolutely. I hope it's totally ADA compliant.

Can you just walk around the stadium or do you need permission?

And I can only see one picture when I go to the site. How many are there supposed to be? At any rate, thanks for the pictures. The construction cam is nice, but the picture is so small it's hard to tell any detail at all.

Thanks dude! Love seeing nice pictures of the update...

Scott needs to do a better job updating the fan base with progress. Not looking for something every week, but once a month would be nice assuming weather allows nice progress.

Seems they filled in/built up the floor of the West concourse...

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Absolutely. I hope it's totally ADA compliant.
    ...so the floor is several feet higher than before. This will make the lower ramps into the stadium much shorter and with shallower angles, although there will now be a 'hill' or steps to get up to the West concourse from ground level, at least on the south end. The shorter/shallower ramps will be good for a lot of fans.
    Last edited by MedDawg; 03-26-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Great work!

Love the pictures, hope they make their dates.

Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Scott needs to do a better job updating the fan base with progress. Not looking for something every week, but once a month would be nice assuming weather allows nice progress.
    I agree. It would also be nice to have a decent webcam like this http://www.earthcam.com/client/robin...minghambarons/ That's the least he could do considering our athletic department prides itself on being tech savvy yet they give us a crappy archive construction cam image to look at. I'm not a top donor by any means, but it would be nice to see how my donations to the BDC are being used.

X, thanks for the pics btw.

I would imagine around July it'll shift from 'completed by start of football season' to 'serviceable by football season'. I highly doubt all of that is completed by the Alcorn game.

We had that...

The actual camera goes online in what is close to realtime HD. When it was initially put online, we had full access, and could rewind/fast fwd, do time lapses, etc... A water line was cut -- the full version was taken down not long thereafter and password protected -- and this was what they put back online for us. I'm assuming they fielded a few calls and got sick of it, so they gave us something where we couldn't see individual details anymore.

Great pics, thanks for posting...

The endzone seems to be ahead of schedule to me... but the west is almost certainly running behind schedule. They've got 5 months to get it done...

And yes, they've definitely built up the west side by quite a few feet...

to eventually look like this.

Notice the distance to the crossbeams there and in this initial pic, which shows the entrance staircase:

Here's what I think they should do...

Once a month take some nice pictures from a particular section and talk about what is going on with that particular area. They can even show the rendered design of what it will look like completed. Not looking for anything groundbreaking (no pun intended) but I don't think we should depend on fans wondering into the stadium and uploading pictures so we know what's going on either.

Note: Scott tweeted nice pictures when they started tearing everything out, but nothing since. I guess that's what I'm surprised about unless he's been told not to?

I agree Randy.

That north endzone should have been completed a long, long time ago. It just looks so much better and I am sure will improve atmosphere. This year will be interesting though to see what the students do that sat there. That lower student section will be jam packed.

Xenomorph emailed me another pic. Can't wait to see when the base structure is complete. Why we didn't just "connect" the metal bleachers to the main part of the stadium a few years ago to give it more of a bowl look is beyond me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DWS_Expansion.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	307
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

I don't know about anyone else, but that Gridiron Club(field level) is looking more and more enticing to me...

That "outdoor" area looks much, much larger right now than it did in the mockups that I saw...

Where is the outdoor area?

I pity the man who drew the short straw and was forced to tear out those piss troughs.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstudent View Post
    Where is the outdoor area?
    Field level behind the endzone.

Ok. Was unsure if outdoor area was different from the field level seating.

Scott has been posting pictures of the renovation every so often on his instagram account

The described amenities sound great and the artists renderings look good too, BUT, unless something changes I'm not sure I could put up with cheerleaders standing in front of me leading cheers for the student section above those areas, the highway patrolmen standing around, the fence that it there now, the band walking by before and after their halftime performance, ROTC doing pushups, etc, etc etc. They would have to clear out a lot of that crap before I would want to buy in.
    The poster formerly known as: dawgebag

All that is true and had been considered...but I'm sure it'll be taken care of prior to actually opening for a game. We'll probably see them start to modify that this year(though this club won't be open) to an extent, fence will definitely be gone, etc.

It's not really meant as permanent seating -- just a club that anyone in the stadium can buy access too(I think up to 750 people). Just another option to have on gameday with(likely) the ability to see the game better than I thought in the renderings...

Thanks. Can't wait to see it full at the first game.

I wonder if they can do something similiar in the south endzone with connecting seats that lead up to the bottom of the jumbotron?

BiPolar
    : ) :

That would look terrible. They should leave that end as it is.

Here is the link that is used for those pictures.

https://oxblue.com/archive/0f1f8ae3f...99/800x600.jpg

I'm pretty sure what you see here will be a uniform concourse level running from section A all the way around the new bowl.

I think that answer is really pretty simple

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstudent View Post
    Xenomorph emailed me another pic. Can't wait to see when the base structure is complete. Why we didn't just "connect" the metal bleachers to the main part of the stadium a few years ago to give it more of a bowl look is beyond me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DWS_Expansion.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	307
    Can you name a single time Larry did anything with aesthetics in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelaydawg View Post
    Can you name a single time Larry did anything with aesthetics in mind?
    He wore an orange tie at the SECT Tournament game between State and Tennessee. Does that count?