Today's This Is Our Show - Scott Stricklin enters the domain...

and we talk video board, the discussion him and Dan had on the sideline at Arkansas, him joining us at First Baptist of Canton for Maroon Sunday and a host of other topics.

We also discuss last weeks game, a little basketball, and something else I'm sure.

http://vspor.to/1bJjPUk
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

Bump.

Great to hear Scott say they are looking to cut all video commercials out of actual game play. I think it's acceptable to have them pre-game before the band takes the field, and a few during halftime after the band is done.

Bump.

Laughed at the hugging stories. I bro hugged my friend I sit with. Somehow we ended up in a group hug with the guy sitting next to us who had his kid on his shoulders ringing a cowbell. Everyone around us was hugging, high-fiving, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by af102 View Post
    Bump.

Great to hear Scott say they are looking to cut all video commercials out of actual game play. I think it's acceptable to have them pre-game before the band takes the field, and a few during halftime after the band is done.

Great news is right. The jumbotron is such a dominating presence in the stadium and considering that now we're about to have 2 of them, I think a total dedication to the crowd will help a lot. Can't wait for it to be complete.

my wife asked me after the game if I knew all those people I was hugging. I simply answered no. Probably about 7 or 8 of us found ourself in an embrace for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss.Stake View Post
    Great news is right. The jumbotron is such a dominating presence in the stadium and considering that now we're about to have 2 of them, I think a total dedication to the crowd will help a lot. Can't wait for it to be complete.
    Speaking of this, was it just me or did they turn the volume down on the jumbotron for the Egg Bowl? I believe so because it was the first time I could remember that I could actually turn and have a conversation with someone sitting beside me WHILE a jumbotron commercial was blaring. In the past its been a useless effort to talk with someone over the jumbotron, basically like trying to talk to someone during a rock concert.

I still think a majority of commercials should be silent with music being played while the ad is on the screen regardless of when they are played. You think the football players want to listen to commercial after commercial while warming up? I know I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Speaking of this, was it just me or did they turn the volume down on the jumbotron for the Egg Bowl? I believe so because it was the first time I could remember that I could actually turn and have a conversation with someone sitting beside me WHILE a jumbotron commercial was blaring. In the past its been a useless effort to talk with someone over the jumbotron, basically like trying to talk to someone during a rock concert.
    No, it seemed just as loud to me as ever, maybe louder and particularly during the commercials. The guy next to me was talking about the same thing (the high volume). You may be losing your hearing after being assaulted with it through the season ....

Good show, but SS talks out of both sides of his mouth on the CommercialTron topic. The lip service he is giving is nauseating.

The commercial use of the JumboTron during the Egg Bowl was embarrassingly bad. At one point in the first half they ran 3 commercials in a row. It's borderline insulting.

Run crawls across the ribbon board and bugs on the big screen. No ad should have spoken word. During play breaks and commercial breaks play stadium rock (not Woolie Bullie and Mustang Sally) and throw up silent billboards.
    90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by af102 View Post
    Bump.

Sure, pregame and halftime are fine. But they should not assault the ticket holders with that garbage during the game. Many have paid the equivalent of several hundred per ticket and shouldn't have to put up with commercials that kill the game momentum. My personal cost is about around $400/seat/game, and others is much higher (there's a family of 8 that sits in front of me, and 2 of those are infants so they couldn't care less about the game. But they're paying 8 x $1500 + the ticket cost, for basically 6 who care about the game). They need to get that income by some other method.