This is Hilarious

LSU's pitching coach claims that their fanbase is "classy" while we boo opposing pitchers and their fans give our guys some good natured ribbing..You can't make this shit up (skip to 8:00)
    http://pro.wnxx-fm.tritonflex.com/up...31-14Part2.mp3

WOW. What world is he living in?

Never even been tempted to use classy and LSU fan in the same sentence.

Wow. Talk about delusion.

Everyone has seen or read the Manieri and Katz quotes from last year, but I also remember seeing a Bregman interview last year after they won their Super. He didn't beat around the bush at all and straight up said that they were the best team in the country..... And then they go 0-2 in Omaha after he makes a huge error in their first game.

Here it is for those interested:
    http://youtu.be/CVGb8RPhdBE

In the words of John Calipari, these guys are fully convinced that they poop ice cream. I want to win this series badly.

wow...i guess its all in your perspective.

i actually love that they view us this way. we intimidate them. throwing at katz's head and, per the tiger fans "almost killing him" is really paying dividends. rent free bitches.

HAHAHA that guy lives in a fairy tale world.

We should dogpile on their field if we win this series.

I didn't know Hadad had an LSU gig too**

The bitchy attitude from LSU baseball lately is

a direct result of Paul Mainieri and no-one else. And that terrible attitude has bleed into other coaches and players since last year.

LSU has been my 'other' favorite SEC team since I was a kid, mostly because I developed lot of respect for Bertman and the great atmosphere at the old Box. And now my quasi-inlaws (not married) are one of the biggest LSU baseball families in that they put a few players on the field under both Bertman and Mainieri, have remained very involved with the program, and have made a huge positive impact on the NOLA metro area with their family charity that works directly with LSU baseball. The ex-players and players parents that I know through them absolutely loved coming to Starkville. The competition was stiff and the atmosphere was great. They enjoyed the peanut gallery effect from LFL but forgave it easily after getting fed post-game. And that's just what it is - a peanut gallery with sandlot-esque jokes and banter that any level headed player, fan or coach shouldn't be offended by. And it's nothing compared to the you suck chants at Tiger Stadium in the falls.

Bottom line: I hate Mainieri and you should too. These old school LSU people don't like his attitude either, but they have been putting up with it since he can (becoming 'use to') win.

This is coming from the head coach...and just to think. He wrote that lovely letter when he was at Notre Dame.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

Yep. It's hilarious that he's got one of the best jobs in college baseball and he's still butt-hurt that we didn't hire him in 2002. Of course, we should have hired him then, but you'd think he'd be long over it by now.

That's rich. Haven't made a game in person in a while ... I guess things at the Dude have gotten pretty intense. Are they cheering "BALLLL MF'ING FOUR" now or what?

Hilarious**

Quote Originally Posted by ReadyReady View Post
    Are they cheering "BALLLL MF'ING FOUR" now or what?

"Our fans are classy."

This is hilarious. What world is this cat living in? I'm pretty sure the words "classy" and "lsu" were never used in the same sentence. Early April fools?

"Knock it out John" now has an entirely different meaning.

Sidenote - apparently the guy that yells that threw out the first pitch this past weekend on him and his wife's 50th wedding anniversary
    http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showt...913#post863913
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstudent View Post
    "Knock it out John" now has an entirely different meaning.

Sidenote - apparently the guy that yells that threw out the first pitch this past weekend on him and his wife's 50th wedding anniversary
    http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showt...913#post863913
    Yeah. But then we booed him**

Thanks

for posting that link. That's one of the best posts on here, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtRambis4 View Post
    This is hilarious. What world is this cat living in? I'm pretty sure the words "classy" and "lsu" were never used in the same sentence. Early April fools?
    They eat their corndogs with their little finger extended.

Please tell me he wraps up the whole thing with

an "April Fools'!!" at the end.
    The whole idea of LSU fans being the standard of "class" is almost too ridiculous to even respond to.
    Yes, you there, sir. With both hands raised. Anything you'd like to add?

Oh...okay.

Amen.....

Quote Originally Posted by thatsbaseball View Post
    Never even been tempted to use classy and LSU fan in the same sentence.
    You gotta be kidding me. Someone at LSU claiming the high road on class is ridiculous to the absurd!

Even to this moron's claims, I cannot ever recall DNF fans booing an opposing pitcher every time he took the hill. Heckling yes (take him out leave him in, ball four, etc) but that is pretty much par for the course. Why doesn't this 'coach' ask Michigan State and so many other teams over the years what they think about DNF? We are RENOWNED for showering hospitality upon visiting teams and this whiny little beyotch claims we're just not as 'classy' as the tigahs. That is funny!

BTW Just for grins and giggles I took a quick look at a couple of threads on TigerDroppings about the upcoming series. Here are a few of their 'classy' fans posts.

"I hate to think or say this but we might end up exploding for some runs in front of a crazy "We hate Moo State" crowd."

"I hope we throw at Wes Rea every time he comes to the plate"

"I would never miss the opportunity to boo Wes Rea" (OK they really hate wes for some reason)

I will admit this is tamer than their football crowd but not exactly what I would call 'classy'.
    Last edited by thekimmer; 04-01-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Not seeing it.

"At South Panola we still honor what the word commitment means"-Lance Pogue

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyrbrown View Post
    Yeah. But then we booed him**
    Well, it wasn't even close to the plate!