OT: Sewer line replacement in Ridgeland

Need recommendations on companies to do sewer line replacement in Ridgeland. Plumbing backed up this morning and our home warranty sent a company (who shall go unnamed for now) out to check it, and they found roots in the sewer line. Their estimate to replace it was more than it cost us to have our 2nd child. So I need some additional quotes.

Anyone?
    -VH

Nutt Up | Bear Down Yes | No

Bump. Anyone, anyone?
    -VH

Call Wieand Plumbing. I dunno if he does that or not, but a super nice guy, family works for him and he used to be a client of mine. PM me if you want to use my actual name.
    MSU Class of 2011

Clay tile? Why can't they just get the roots out with an electric drain cleaner with a root cutter on the end of the cable?

Quote Originally Posted by WrapItDog View Post
    Clay tile? Why can't they just get the roots out with an electric drain cleaner with a root cutter on the end of the cable?
    That's my question now given time to think about it. They didn't even run a camera down there, just looked down the cleanout and saw roots and declared the whole sewer line needed to be replaced. I think it's more likely they wanted to get their $60 warranty deductible check and get out of there.
    -VH

I have clay tile at my house and own some rental property. I bought a electric drain cleaner machine with root cutter attachment from Harbor Freight for $199. It has paid for itself many times over. I have to de-root my sewer line about every 2 years as preventive maintenance. Your problem most likely lies with your warranty company & their plumber. Most any plumber should be able to snake the drain and have you back in business. I find most plumbers will recommend replacing the sewer line because it's mostly a labor job with some inexpensive PVC drain line and two boots to connect which equals nice profit.

Quote Originally Posted by WrapItDog View Post
    I have clay tile at my house and own some rental property. I bought a electric drain cleaner machine with root cutter attachment from Harbor Freight for $199. It has paid for itself many times over. I have to de-root my sewer line about every 2 years as preventive maintenance. Your problem most likely lies with your warranty company & their plumber. Most any plumber should be able to snake the drain and have you back in business. I find most plumbers will recommend replacing the sewer line because it's mostly a labor job with some inexpensive PVC drain line and two boots to connect which equals nice profit.
    Once you remove the roots go down to your local Coop store and buy some root killer. When used according to instructions it will prevent roots from returning. Just flush down toilet when you go to bed. Consider flushing a couple of times if you have a long service line. Sewer lines are loved by roots. The old clay pipe breaks down at the joints over time and allow roots to penetrate. When replacing a line use Schedule 40 PVC pipe...nothing less. Be sure your plumber installs a clean out every 90 feet...most commercial sewer tapes are 100ft.
    ​People are not impressed with how much you know until they know how much you care.

Check online!
    Last edited by LindaMcKenna; 04-21-2017 at 11:59 PM.

Linda, you are going to do well here on Six Packs Peak.com Welcome to the board!

Twitter
    @missouridawg3
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaMcKenna View Post
    Hi there! I don't have any idea about a good sewer line replacement company, but you may get by searching online. Choosing a good company by checking reviews online about the company is much necessary. Otherwise, it will cost more than the basic cost to repair. My aunt who lives in Florida was facing a major problem from pipe leakage which leads to water damage to the house. After the damage, she has immediately taken the help from a water damage adjuster for filing a claim and also he suggested a good repairing company to repair the pipe leak damage. For a good repairing company you may find more info online and also check reviews on it and then hire.
    This is an unbelievable response. Kudos, Linda.

Linda, how is Henry doing?

Twitter
    SixPackSpeak
    I used Mr Rooter when I replaced mine a few years ago. I would get it cleaned out first and see if it happens again.

Great advice, Linda. We found our sewer line root cutter on Craigslist and he is the bomb!

Linda this is the best post I have seen in while.

Does using the bathroom with the door open help with clogs?

You know better than to talk to me like that when I'm hurtin', Linda.

Linda, do you recommend using a search engine for advice on controlling mole crickets?

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstudent View Post
    I used Mr Rooter when I replaced mine a few years ago. I would get it cleaned out first and see if it happens again.
    That's good advice....I'll get the me from nearly 2 years ago to take it into account.
    -VH

Quote Originally Posted by TheStateUofMS View Post
    Call Wieand Plumbing. I dunno if he does that or not, but a super nice guy, family works for him and he used to be a client of mine. PM me if you want to use my actual name.
    For the sake of those reading this today for the first time, a full year and a half following the incident in question, Wieand Plumbing was fantastic. I'm calling no one else for my plumbing issues going forward.

Now as for the other unnamed company who told me my entire sewer line needed to be replaced without even running a camera, well.....all I'll say is just say NO, to DrainGo.
    -VH

Quote Originally Posted by LindaMcKenna View Post
    Hi there! I don't have any idea about a good sewer line replacement company, but you may get by searching online. Choosing a good company by checking reviews online about the company is much necessary. Otherwise, it will cost more than the basic cost to repair. My aunt who lives in Florida was facing a major problem from pipe leakage which leads to water damage to the house. After the damage, she has immediately taken the help from a water damage adjuster for filing a claim and also he suggested a good repairing company to repair the pipe leak damage. For a good repairing company you may find more info online and also check reviews on it and then hire.
    That is outstanding. Is this a bot created post? Or is this just a poor soul in India getting paid to spam? Just trying to figure out a timeline on when I might need to start sucking up to skynet.

I looked at the date of this thread and was like...

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 134
Size:  961.5 KB