How much of their network can we take credit for?

I truly believe the three egg bowls in a row was a crucial part, but the "This is our State" billboards really made them circle the wagons.

Foxy Reb | Rebel Rags Yes | No

We givith and we take awayith...

Mullen's "There's only one team...." speech after the 2009 Egg Bowl set a lot of asses on fire and Nutt's waving of the white flag in the following two seaons sealed the deal. I don't think they cared nearly as much about the billboards as they did about Mullen personally rubbing their faces in it.

Dude, if you don't thing the billboards, especially the one in Oxford, set that system in to a desperate level of operation... I don't know what to tell you. From that point forward it was reckless abandon. The 2013 class was like when the japs sneak bombed Pearl Harbor and they've been bleeding kamikaze pilots ever since.

MState....20% , Dan Mullen... 80%. He drove the mofos crazy.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

I think you have it right. There is no doubt our success under Mullen has

driven them crazy and led to desperate measures that are going to lead to disaster in the coming months.
    I don't always drink but when I do I become a message board genius**

Hell, he gets on our nerves and we`re State fans. LOL I can only imagine being on the other side. He got under their thin skin as badly if not worse than Jackie and they just lost their shit and went over the deep end.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

...rent-free...
    90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.

And don't forget, when they were having one of, if not the best year ever, they rose to number two in the polls and looked up and we were still ahead of them at number 1! This killed their souls!

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Did Nutt make the program on the rise comment and Dan was just giving it back to them?

Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    Did Nutt make the program on the rise comment and Dan was just giving it back to them?
    Yes

19.87% dubmass.

There is no doubt that when MSU starts to have some success, the mindset in Oxford changes drastically. It happened when Jackie Sherrill was hired and it happened when Mullen started beating them.

I choose for those MFn pieces of shit (no offense to you shithead loser lurkers on here) to own 100% of the blame for their looming anal 17.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I give most of the credit to The Ninja. As long as Croom and LT were here we and were mired in sub-mediocrity, the folks up north were a happy bunch because we were in our 'rightful place.' Then The Ninja took over, Croom was shown the door, we hired a brash yankee who, like their old nemesis Jackie, refused to acknowledge them by their proper name instead referring to them as "That School Up North." Then the brash yankee proceeded to whip that ass and The Ninja mounted an aggressive social media and ad campaign culminating with the "This Is Our State" billboards and such.

As a State fan one must learn to accept that ANY time we have gridiron success, especially if it last for more than 1 season, TSUN is going to go batshit crazy and do something batshit crazy. See Bob Tyler, Jackie Sherrill, et al.

Wait ..

Quote Originally Posted by FreeDawg View Post
    Dude, if you don't thing the billboards, especially the one in Oxford, set that system in to a desperate level of operation... I don't know what to tell you. From that point forward it was reckless abandon. The 2013 class was like when the japs sneak bombed Pearl Harbor and they've been bleeding kamikaze pilots ever since.
    Who was it that bombed Pearl Habor? The japs?

First I've heard....

dan has certainly been a lot less chirpy about them....maturity or playing to the crowd, im not sure which.

One can make an argument that these words of Dan Mullen laid the bomb at Ole Miss' door: "We're never losing to this team again."

And that these words of Hugh Freeze lit the fuse: "Laremy, just go up there and tell the truth."