Thread: Taunting

Darth Photoshop BigMotherTucker's Avatar

Taunting

Someone help me out and post the video of the kid dribbling up the floor acting a fool. Ref T'd him up. Good call or bad call?

I say he was taunting... Good call. I still believe in sportsmanship. People on Twitter disagree with me though (based on what I've read).

Someone please post it and I'm interested to hear everyone's opinions on it.

Foxy Reb | Rebel Rags Yes | No

Were they up big, or what was the score? That would make a difference to me.

It looks like (if I'm interpreting his twitterese correctly) he just did that in tribute to someone else... So that's not a big deal to me. No T.

Of course, I don't have a kid on the other team either.

A piss poor attempt at taunting if that is what he was trying to do.

nm
    I don't always drink but when I do I become a message board genius**

In the early 2000s, I referee'd SAY basketball in Starkville and T'd up a kid for doing the "And1" mix tape nonsense. Similar situation, except the T that I gave was more for him running his mouth at the opponent.

I still think this this video is justifiable for a T. Now get off my lawn.

As others have said...

...I think there's a lot that goes into deciding whether or not that should be a T
    The ref let him get away with it three or four times before the tech was issued.
    At some point, whether it's a "tribute" or not, you're just showing up the opponent and the line had to be drawn somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMotherTucker View Post
    Someone help me out and post the video of the kid dribbling up the floor acting a fool. Ref T'd him up. Good call or bad call?

I say he was taunting... Good call. I still believe in sportsmanship. People on Twitter disagree with me though (based on what I've read).

Someone please post it and I'm interested to hear everyone's opinions on it.

senior night it says so I say it's ok. I would think of it like a senior prank. I can see from the refs perspective that it was a T though.

You could say so....

I dunno. He's just doing what he's seen college players do, and showing his ball handling skill. But yeah, he probably should have gotten a T for showing out.

Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    In the early 2000s, I referee'd SAY basketball in Starkville and T'd up a kid for doing the "And1" mix tape nonsense. Similar situation, except the T that I gave was more for him running his mouth at the opponent.

I still think this this video is justifiable for a T. Now get off my lawn.
    What is "And1"?

TAUNTING IS FUN....LET THEM TAUNT! LET THEM TAUNT! LET THEM TAUNT!

WHO'S WITH ME? LETS GOOOOOOO......

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

So, he got T'd up for dribbling like an idiot? That's ridiculous.

Well alrighty then... T that little punk up.

Someone has to teach a kid sportsmanship at some point - if parents and coaches leave it up to the ref, so be it.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

He just looks like a 17ing moron #danceONem
    Like that's some kind of wonderful basketball skill that's going to help him play college or NBA.

#douche

Quote Originally Posted by benatmsu View Post
    ...I think there's a lot that goes into deciding whether or not that should be a T
    The ref let him get away with it three or four times before the tech was issued.
    At some point, whether it's a "tribute" or not, you're just showing up the opponent and the line had to be drawn somewhere.
    This, especially given the lopsided score. Personally, I'd have fouled his ass hard. No, not with intent to injure, that's being a sore loser.

I'll probably get roasted for this, but I'll share anyway.

Rec basketball league. 6th grade. 11 yrs old age group I guess. I was on a crappy team. I myself was crappy. We were getting killed. It became a one man show with this one player. He never passed. His friends in the stands were cheering on each score. He was hotdogging & playing to the crowd. I had zero fouls. I fouled out TRYING to stop him. He still hit his FT's but it wasn't as much fun for them then. No, I didn't undercut his legs or anything dirty (like a knee to the stomach *cough* OM), though it crossed my mind. I just made him physically earn every shot. He was an acquaintance from school. After the game we both gave each other hell about it.

Cool story, Bro. I know.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post