Thread: Will Sammon

Will Sammon

Knocked it out of the park with the Cannizaro piece.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    When's Baseball? | When's Basketball? Yes | No

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    I've been really impressed with him so far.

Yep, great article and Will is a huge upgrade.

nm
    I don't always drink but when I do I become a message board genius**

No doubt. That was great. Can't wait for 4:00.

He is definitely going to capitalize on this opportunity, unlike a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by ShrubDog View Post
    He is definitely going to capitalize on this opportunity, unlike a few others.
    It will be interesting to see how long this honeymoon with Sammon lasts. The CL guy always ends up being hated. He has a chance to make it through without being hated since we should be pretty good for the next few years in all 3 major sports.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

He worked here at the local paper (Opelika-Auburn News) and I thought did a nice job. I think he was high schools here, so moving up to a college beat is a well-earned promotion. Hope he continues to do well.

The first time he reports on a crime or says something scarcastic...

our idiots will turn on him, like always.

Quote Originally Posted by campshelbydog842003 View Post
    It will be interesting to see how long this honeymoon with Sammon lasts. The CL guy always ends up being hated. He has a chance to make it through without being hated since we should be pretty good for the next few years in all 3 major sports.
    That is categorically not true. Since the downward spiral of the CL its probably true but guys like Sekou Smith and Ian Rappaport are still highly thought of today by MSU fans. But yea, when you have a beat writer constantly reporting with a negative slant and taking digs at the school he covers its a no brainer he is going to be disliked.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

It was obvious to me through his writing and reporting that Bonner did not enjoy living in Starkville nor enjoy his job at MSU. He simply was not a good fit for the C/L or MSU. Neither benefited from his presence. He became defensive and, frankly and not to blame them, it seemed that some of our coaches sensed his attitude and did not care for him either. So it appears to be a good change all around. I want for Will to be objective, positive when possible and hard working and for our people to give him a chance. A new start.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Yep, he didn't like it here and it showed. He took a city beat job at a paper with about 70,000 less daily readers than the CL.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

You're right. As soon as a player

gets into trouble, and he reports it (his job), the morons will want to crucify him.

Quote Originally Posted by DogStuckAtUM View Post
    Yep, he didn't like it here and it showed. He took a city beat job at a paper with about 70,000 less daily readers than the CL.
    Where'd he go?

70000 less than the CL? Is he writing for the D'Lo Gazette?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3842.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	6082

Quote Originally Posted by KurtRambis4 View Post
    gets into trouble, and he reports it (his job), the morons will want to crucify him.
    I think that will depend on the situation. If MSU has 1 "enrolled" student athlete get high and jump out of a hotel window, and he writes about it like the student athlete was as dumb as a fence post, but there is a epidemic of rampant drug use on the MSU campus, then, yeah, he will be skewered by MSU fans.**

You are so true. Sekou and Ian could write bad stuff and probably did. But they didn't appear so eager to get out the bad news. Bonner wasn't the worst, but indeed for whatever reason towards the end, he seemed to say, f'it and join in on the digfest towards msu from the CL. Hell, Huge K can't make it easy to write for the CL and it's got to get old defending their shit.