If there's a silver lining to getting swept...

It's that five other teams got swept this weekend, too. Only one SEC series was not a sweep (Ole Miss/Vandy).

We've definitely got issues, and it's looking more and more likely that this team won't be in a Regional, but we aren't the only one with issues.

Must win series against Tennessee this weekend. No other way around it.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    SPS Magazine | Clarion Ledger Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by MSUDC11 View Post
    If there's a silver lining to getting swept.
    There isn't.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

We are playing without two recruiting classes essentially. The true soph and jr classes. Ten sec wins would be a huge accomplishment

We scored 6 runs total this weekend. One run twice. There are no silver linings.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by 8dog View Post
    We are playing without two recruiting classes essentially. The true soph and jr classes. Ten sec wins would be a huge accomplishment
    There is zero excuse for this.

Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    There is zero excuse for this.
    There is a very good excuse for the 2015 class. At least a good portion of it. And at least that group gave us Mangum, Lowe, Kruger, and Pilkington.

No excuse at all for the 2014 group. Cohen's best class was the 2013 class, and he followed up that and a national championship appearance with one of the worst classes in program history.

won't be in a regional?

It's that five other teams got swept this weekend, too. Only one SEC series was not a sweep (Ole Miss/Vandy).

We've definitely got issues, and it's looking more and more likely that this team won't be in a Regional, but we aren't the only one with issues.

You think? I mean, I love wearing maroon colored sunglasses, but it's time to take them off when watching baseball. We started one of the best two hitters on the team on the mound on sunday. We aren't sniffing a regional.

Cann is almost in a first year Howland situation..... This whole year is on Cohen....Players, Staff, Pitching Situation... I am not a big fan of this staff... my son has went to two camps in the last 6-7 months(one Cohen and one Cann).... Cann seems like a good guy, but the rest of the staff....they are different for sure....

The 14 class was brutal but you have to remember that kids in the 14 (im talkkng all kids across the country) were all solidly committed long before our bat champ run. The first class to really feel the boost from that run is the 15 class. Our classes going forward are terrific but the draft will be a bear. But it took a while to start cycling really good classes yearly

I've bitten my toungue for a couple weeks now because I knew folks would jump on me saying it was too early to tell, etc., instead of hearing my message....

But do you think Cohen knew this was coming and got out when he could? If Cohen were in the dugout right now, folks would be clamoring for his head, especially with a new ballpark coming. I'll answer my question by saying, yes, he did know this was about to happen and jumped at the chance for AD when Stricklin left and did everything to get Stricklin's backing. I think he's sleeping a lot better than he would have been had he still been the skipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    I've bitten my toungue for a couple weeks now because I knew folks would jump on me saying it was too early to tell, etc., instead of hearing my message....

But do you think Cohen knew this was coming and got out when he could? If Cohen were in the dugout right now, folks would be clamoring for his head, especially with a new ballpark coming. I'll answer my question by saying, yes, he did know this was about to happen and jumped at the chance for AD when Stricklin left and did everything to get Stricklin's backing. I think he's sleeping a lot better than he would have been had he still been the skipper.
    I don't think that at all. 1) it's not like Cohen took off for another job at another university. He's still here at MSU. You think he does not know people will blame him for the team this year? Him taking that job was simply a change in careers he wanted. 2) a large part of the shit show is due to some very promising guys sitting out due to injury. I don't understand how you guys can ignore this. This team was never going to be a big offensive club. Shit we lost damn near the whole lineup from last year.

The only silver lining was that it's one weekend down and that much closer to the season being over.

That's simply reality.

This team isn't sniffing a regional. Hope like hell we're bringing in some talented players out of high school for the next few seasons.
    Gonna have to go heavy juco for next season.

Bama is pretty bad so is Georgia.
    We'll battle it out with them for 12-14th place.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post

Keep biting. You do realize that Cohen just moved right down the hall and became MORE visible, right? If anything, he's got a bigger bullseye now. Don't be dumb.

I think Henderson will probably be gone by next year.

Quote Originally Posted by dogwhisperer View Post
    You think? I mean, I love wearing maroon colored sunglasses, but it's time to take them off when watching baseball. We started one of the best two hitters on the team on the mound on sunday. We aren't sniffing a regional.
    Name:  IMG_1268.JPG
Views: 557
Size:  28.5 KB

No. I do not think that was a part of it.

Agree, he will be. I'm real good friends with one of our relievers parents.....they're not one to moan and groan, but they think nobody has a good relationship with him. Have to feel for Canns , he literally was thrown into this in what, October?? He will need his own staff....my opinion.