Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    If there's a silver lining to getting swept...

    It's that five other teams got swept this weekend, too. Only one SEC series was not a sweep (Ole Miss/Vandy).

    We've definitely got issues, and it's looking more and more likely that this team won't be in a Regional, but we aren't the only one with issues.

    Must win series against Tennessee this weekend. No other way around it.


    0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    SPS Magazine | Clarion Ledger Yes | No

  2. #2
    SignalToNoise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDC11 View Post
    If there's a silver lining to getting swept.
    There isn't.


    2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    SPS Magazine | Clarion Ledger Yes | No

  3. #3
    Message Board Hero 8dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,128
    We are playing without two recruiting classes essentially. The true soph and jr classes. Ten sec wins would be a huge accomplishment


    SPS Magazine | Clarion Ledger Yes | No

  4. #4
    We scored 6 runs total this weekend. One run twice. There are no silver linings.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    SPS Magazine | Clarion Ledger Yes | No

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 8dog View Post
    We are playing without two recruiting classes essentially. The true soph and jr classes. Ten sec wins would be a huge accomplishment
    There is zero excuse for this.


    SPS Magazine | Clarion Ledger Yes | No

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    There is zero excuse for this.
    There is a very good excuse for the 2015 class. At least a good portion of it. And at least that group gave us Mangum, Lowe, Kruger, and Pilkington.

    No excuse at all for the 2014 group. Cohen's best class was the 2013 class, and he followed up that and a national championship appearance with one of the worst classes in program history.


    SPS Magazine | Clarion Ledger Yes | No

  7. #7

    won't be in a regional?

    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDC11 View Post
    It's that five other teams got swept this weekend, too. Only one SEC series was not a sweep (Ole Miss/Vandy).

    We've definitely got issues, and it's looking more and more likely that this team won't be in a Regional, but we aren't the only one with issues.

    Must win series against Tennessee this weekend. No other way around it.


    You think? I mean, I love wearing maroon colored sunglasses, but it's time to take them off when watching baseball. We started one of the best two hitters on the team on the mound on sunday. We aren't sniffing a regional.


    SPS Magazine | Clarion Ledger Yes | No

  8. #8
    Cann is almost in a first year Howland situation..... This whole year is on Cohen....Players, Staff, Pitching Situation... I am not a big fan of this staff... my son has went to two camps in the last 6-7 months(one Cohen and one Cann).... Cann seems like a good guy, but the rest of the staff....they are different for sure....


    SPS Magazine | Clarion Ledger Yes | No

  9. #9
    Message Board Hero 8dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,128
    The 14 class was brutal but you have to remember that kids in the 14 (im talkkng all kids across the country) were all solidly committed long before our bat champ run. The first class to really feel the boost from that run is the 15 class. Our classes going forward are terrific but the draft will be a bear. But it took a while to start cycling really good classes yearly


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    SPS Magazine | Clarion Ledger Yes | No

  10. #10
    I've bitten my toungue for a couple weeks now because I knew folks would jump on me saying it was too early to tell, etc., instead of hearing my message....

    But do you think Cohen knew this was coming and got out when he could? If Cohen were in the dugout right now, folks would be clamoring for his head, especially with a new ballpark coming. I'll answer my question by saying, yes, he did know this was about to happen and jumped at the chance for AD when Stricklin left and did everything to get Stricklin's backing. I think he's sleeping a lot better than he would have been had he still been the skipper.


    SPS Magazine | Clarion Ledger Yes | No

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    I've bitten my toungue for a couple weeks now because I knew folks would jump on me saying it was too early to tell, etc., instead of hearing my message....

    But do you think Cohen knew this was coming and got out when he could? If Cohen were in the dugout right now, folks would be clamoring for his head, especially with a new ballpark coming. I'll answer my question by saying, yes, he did know this was about to happen and jumped at the chance for AD when Stricklin left and did everything to get Stricklin's backing. I think he's sleeping a lot better than he would have been had he still been the skipper.
    I don't think that at all. 1) it's not like Cohen took off for another job at another university. He's still here at MSU. You think he does not know people will blame him for the team this year? Him taking that job was simply a change in careers he wanted. 2) a large part of the shit show is due to some very promising guys sitting out due to injury. I don't understand how you guys can ignore this. This team was never going to be a big offensive club. Shit we lost damn near the whole lineup from last year.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    SPS Magazine | Clarion Ledger Yes | No

  12. #12
    The only silver lining was that it's one weekend down and that much closer to the season being over.

    That's simply reality.

    This team isn't sniffing a regional. Hope like hell we're bringing in some talented players out of high school for the next few seasons.
    Gonna have to go heavy juco for next season.

    Bama is pretty bad so is Georgia.
    We'll battle it out with them for 12-14th place.


    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDC11 View Post
    It's that five other teams got swept this weekend, too. Only one SEC series was not a sweep (Ole Miss/Vandy).

    We've definitely got issues, and it's looking more and more likely that this team won't be in a Regional, but we aren't the only one with issues.

    Must win series against Tennessee this weekend. No other way around it.


    2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    SPS Magazine | Clarion Ledger Yes | No

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    I've bitten my toungue for a couple weeks now because I knew folks would jump on me saying it was too early to tell, etc., instead of hearing my message....

    But do you think Cohen knew this was coming and got out when he could? If Cohen were in the dugout right now, folks would be clamoring for his head, especially with a new ballpark coming. I'll answer my question by saying, yes, he did know this was about to happen and jumped at the chance for AD when Stricklin left and did everything to get Stricklin's backing. I think he's sleeping a lot better than he would have been had he still been the skipper.
    Keep biting. You do realize that Cohen just moved right down the hall and became MORE visible, right? If anything, he's got a bigger bullseye now. Don't be dumb.


    SPS Magazine | Clarion Ledger Yes | No

  14. #14
    I think Henderson will probably be gone by next year.


    SPS Magazine | Clarion Ledger Yes | No

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by dogwhisperer View Post
    You think? I mean, I love wearing maroon colored sunglasses, but it's time to take them off when watching baseball. We started one of the best two hitters on the team on the mound on sunday. We aren't sniffing a regional.
    Name:  IMG_1268.JPG
Views: 557
Size:  28.5 KB


    SPS Magazine | Clarion Ledger Yes | No

  16. #16
    No. I do not think that was a part of it.


    SPS Magazine | Clarion Ledger Yes | No

  17. #17
    Agree, he will be. I'm real good friends with one of our relievers parents.....they're not one to moan and groan, but they think nobody has a good relationship with him. Have to feel for Canns , he literally was thrown into this in what, October?? He will need his own staff....my opinion.


    SPS Magazine | Clarion Ledger Yes | No

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SixPack Sponsors











Disclaimer: Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Mississippi State University or any other Mississippi State sports website. Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Scottish & Newcastle PLC d/b/a Bulldog Strong Ale. The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by SixPackSpeak.com. The interactive nature of the SixPackSpeak.com Discussion Forums makes it impossible for SixPackSpeak.com to assume responsibility for any of the content, including photographs and/or images, posted by participants. The ideas, suggestions, thoughts, recommendations, opinions, comments, advice, and observations made by participants of the interactive Discussion Forums are not endorsed by SixPackSpeak.com.


Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties