I don't always drink but when I do I become a message board genius**

Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

Tanner 3 hits - Rooker & Mangum combined ZERO
    The sun may come up in the west tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Willow Grove Dawg View Post

And Gridley will play all 3 games this weekend? Toss in Pilkington and Jolly taking at bats this week, and everything is backwards.

Good to see Poole producing. Sometimes it just takes one hit to get the confidence going again.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow Grove Dawg View Post

A sign of the apocolips**

Mangum stung the ball pretty good a couple times, and Rooker just isn't getting good pitches to hit. He's going to have be patient. It just wasn't their night. There's a phrase for that that escapes me at the moment...

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Should have been a JoeMayo thread IMO*

Nice call out Engie. Good game by Poole last night. I never said he wouldn't get a hit again at Miss State.

I don't think he's a good hitter and 1 game with a 3 hopper through the left side, bunt single, and a hard hit ball to center where a real center fielder catches it 9 out of 10 times changes my view.

But again nice game by Poole last night for helping us win.

No one has made threads like you have here since the "Pirtle sux" days -- for good reason.

When sec coaches continue to run guys out there that are really struggling -- it's usually because they have more insight to the situation than you do.

I'm sure Pirtle made a lot of people eat their words and I wasn't around here for those days.

I respect Cann and his knowledge for the game but that doesn't mean I agree with him on everything. Cann made a statement post game last night about working on drag bunts with him because he has to keep him in for defense. Cann knows he's not a good hitter and anybody who has been watching the game of baseball for a while can tell just by how he swings at off speed.

Pirtle was bad his 1st season up until the 1st series against LSU and then turned it up big time. Also Pirtle didn't have a big hole in his swing like Poole.

If Poole turns it up and becomes a badass I promise I'll be the first to eat my crow but I just don't see it.

There were a few hits where we stung the ball right into someone's glove or they made a good play.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mayo View Post
    I'm sure Pirtle made a lot of people eat their words and I wasn't around here for those days.

I respect Cann and his knowledge for the game but that doesn't mean I agree with him on everything. Cann made a statement post game last night about working on drag bunts with him because he has to keep him in for defense. Cann knows he's not a good hitter and anybody who has been watching the game of baseball for a while can tell just by how he swings at off speed.

Pirtle was bad his 1st season up until the 1st series against LSU and then turned it up big time. Also Pirtle didn't have a big hole in his swing like Poole.

If Poole turns it up and becomes a badass I promise I'll be the first to eat my crow but I just don't see it.
    Thats the same he was trying to do with Blaylock. He said we need his defense, but I guess his offensive production of K's finally won out versus his superior defense...it took a while though.

i would expect Cann gets his plate issues fixed by next year though.

Wait a minute

this cat was saying Pirtle sucks?

How did you come up with that? I said Pirtle made a lot of people eat their words because people said he sucked early apparently. I said his 1st year he struggled up until the first SEC series against LSU and then was big time after that for the rest of his career.

Is that your way of saying Poole got 2 more hits Engie? Ha do you really wanna play that game with all his at bats?

Check the post I replied to*