I really don't know what to expect this Saturday.

After 3 games, this team looked dominant. After last night's game, they looked overmatched. I guess we are not there yet. Recruiting is looking good this year and next.

It's funny this team had me fooled. I'm not saying this is a bad team by any stretch. I just thought they might be one of the elite teams. Maybe one year.

Cowbells | Doorbells Yes | No

The defense we face Saturday is essentially as talented and fast as the defense we saw in Athens. Draw your own conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Nation View Post
    After 3 games, this team looked dominant. After last night's game, they looked overmatched. I guess we are not there yet. Recruiting is looking good this year and next.

It's funny this team had me fooled. I'm not saying this is a bad team by any stretch. I just thought they might be one of the elite teams. Maybe one year.
    Not to be negative, but you mean recruiting looks good for us. Our current recruiting class would one of the worst in the history of the schools that give us problems.

The difference between recruiting in the 20s like we & recruiting in the top 5 like UGA & Auburn typically do, is astronomical.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Expect auburn to try to do what Georgia did. If the playcalling doesn't improve, it's going to be another long night.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuley View Post
    The defense we face Saturday is essentially as talented and fast as the defense we saw in Athens. Draw your own conclusions.
    Sumthin' to 3? Hey at least we got us a kikker!

Auburn is a little better offensively and a little worse

defensively. In short, it's gonna be a bloodbath.

Expect a loss. Then if we win, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Another beat down. We are not bad but certainly not elite.

The most common phrase in our house while watching the game was: "How bad is LSU?" It was a dream killer watching how much better UGA was at every position and in the scheme of the game. We were at a distant 2nd or 3rd tier level by comparison, IMO.

Yes, it will be a challenge to beat them, especially at home. We still have

potential to have a nice year so let's don't all lose our mind just yet.
    I don't always drink but when I do I become a message board genius**

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Was Fitz hurt? He certainly didn't look like he had his normal burst.

Seemed like he tweaked something on the 4th Qtr TD pass against LSU.

If Auburn can constantly hold (OL) and pass interfere (DB), it will be a long night.
    Hopefully, we have an unbiased SEC officiating crew as that was one of the worst home-cooking games I have seen since @Bama (any year).

Quote Originally Posted by Shamoan View Post
    Expect auburn to try to do what Georgia did. If the playcalling doesn't improve, it's going to be another long night.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Nation View Post
    I really don't know what to expect this Saturday.
    Welcome to MSU fandom. I feel like this every Saturday.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I don't think they were better at every position.

I think they were better in the secondary and backfield, and arguably at receiver, and the other position groups were pretty much a wash. I think we got out-coached/out-schemed for the most part. I added arguably for receiver because if the game is called tighter then we'd have been gifted at least 3 PI's and one less INT. Meanwhile, our secondary never adjusted to the slants UGA was running. I didn't see anything from their receivers that really stood out.
    Note that I don't think our receiving corps is SEC-quality right now, but UGA's didn't really impress me, either.

Supporting my overall argument:
    1. Both teams averaged 4.8 YPC (yeah, I know the last drive skewed things a bit, but it still wasn't a huge disparity).
    2. Besides two long TD passes where our secondary bit on fakes, Fromm was 7 of 10 for 101 yards.

I don't understand why we can't find a + reciver matchup and exploit it. Don't we have a TE who's got size and speed?

I do think A. Williams is a great blocking back, but doesn't have the burst that Nick and K. Hill showed. We are gonna need that burst, and need to stretch the field with some sort of passing game.

here is the deal, if alcorn or bowing green, can come in to our place and put up some offensive numbers despite the huge talent gap, we should be do the same. the offense and wr's have the advantage because they know where the ball is going and when it is going there. if we cant take advantage a few routes schematically like teams like alcorn have done against us, i dont think we are prepared offensively. alcorn hit a few bombs when we played them, but their routes used timing and took what our defense gave. we dont have to be juggernauts to be able to move the sticks from time to time. we have to improve in that aspect.

It's like another thread States, we have to get off to a good start.

Bad start against La Tech
    Not a bad start against LSU, but not good either
    Dreadful start against UGA.

We've got to get receiver open downfield somehow. Didn't really show against LSU bc they simply couldn't stop the run, but I doubt we run over auburn like We did LSU.

Dear 8 1/2 pound baby Jesus let this not be another 3-2.