Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's like watching a car wreck in slow motion. The first barrel roll totaled it. The next 20 were just dramatics. When it flipped back in the air end over end and explodes in flames, I have caught myself almost feeling sorry for the morons. And then I think about the self righteous grandstanding of the past, and, well, a grin seems to spontaneously emerge from somewhere.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    When's Baseball? | When's Basketball? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by coach66 View Post
    I never bought in to his persona but I will admit it's much worse than I thought.
    I've always been of the opinion that the louder a person is about proclaiming their faith the bigger the sleazeball they turn out to be. Religion should always be a quiet, private thing.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by tatedog View Post
    A Christian asks what he can do for God, not what God can do for him.

Hugh Freeze = Jim Jones. Drink that Kool-Aid Shark bears.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    The worst was telling Beniquiz Brown's mother Mullen was an Atheist (not there is anything wrong with that).
    If that is true, I hope some future story gets her on record saying he made that statement.

I never call anyone a hypocrite but shirley his picture is beside that word in the dictionary.

I hope he understands that's there's going to be a special, uncomfortable chair in hell for him to sit in for eternity, for being such a false prophet, and using the Lord's name for ill-gotten profit

om fans be like:

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Frogs or Roast Beef? I don't see any Prussian on the march.

Just curious - What eternal chair are you looking at for employing that lust-inducing avatar? I'll hang up and check back after I return from bathroom.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Hey Hugh. Didn't realize you were still lurking

Uh.......

Quote Originally Posted by ababyatemydingo View Post
    I hope he understands that's there's going to be a special, uncomfortable chair in hell for him to sit in for eternity, for being such a false prophet, and using the Lord's name for ill-gotten profit
    What about "once saved always saved"?

I was never clear on how that works when someone commits grievous sins after they're "saved".
    If you sense rejoicing over Freeze's resignation, it's centered around the satisfaction of a sanctimonious person receiving his comeuppance. If judged on hypocrisy alone, Freeze would be the kind of five-star recruit that'd get Ole Miss in trouble.

So...get saved, then go murder, rape and pillage the world? Still all good? And you're assuming he's "saved". We don't know if he is or isn't. We do know, however, that he's a gifted con man

Hugh Freeze will go to heaven because he told me so. I have to take him for 2-face value.

He's headed to Elba.

Frogs, Roast Beefs, Prussians = Coalition of the willing
    Last edited by coach66; 10-12-2017 at 02:08 PM.
    I don't always drink but when I do I become a message board genius**

Quote Originally Posted by T-TownDawgg View Post
    It's like watching a car wreck in slow motion. The first barrel roll totaled it. The next 20 were just dramatics. When it flipped back in the air end over end and explodes in flames, I have caught myself almost feeling sorry for the morons. And then I think about the self righteous grandstanding of the past, and, well, a grin seems to spontaneously emerge from somewhere.
    Kinda like Roscoe P. Coltrain chasing those darn Duke boys.

Not all denominations subscribe to that belief. It may be only Baptists for all I know. That said, there's nothing in the Bible that specifically says
    "once saved always saved" that I'm aware of. As for how it applies to Freeze specifically, none of us really know what his status with God is. But the Bible does say you will know them by their fruits. And Freeze's fruits that we've seen publicly are pretty sour.

Sounds like he's mad that he told Matt the same he told him.

Just say'in.

To be used equally.
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

McReady's argument is because Nutt hated him (which is probably true), he's not a fan. Sure, buddy. My brother-in-law hates Mike Bianco and got blocked by him on Twitter, I guess that means he's not an Ole Miss baseball fan anymore.
    -VH

Quote Originally Posted by GoToHellOleMiss View Post
    What about "once saved always saved"? I was never clear on how that works when someone commits grievous sins after they're "saved".
    Technically by a read of the bible we are all saved no matter what. But this doesn't put asses in the seats or bills in the collection plates, so you don't hear about it much.

First time I've heard these references. Thanks for the impromptu history lesson.

Once saved, always saved, is a complete and total falsehood, and those who teach that junk need to do some reading. Just because people keep saying doesn't make it true.

If a person willfully sins when he knows it's wrong thinking he's in the clear just because he is "saved", he's on shaky ground. Same principle applies for confession.

By all means, read it for yourself at Hebrews 10:26.