Nick Spoon is our best player.

Hasnt even played a half a season and is already more of a leader than everyone else put together.

I'm ok with him running the show.

5 out of 6 sixpackers like this post
    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Lettuce View Post
    Hasnt even played a half a season and is already more of a leader than everyone else put together.

I'm ok with him running the show.
    Uh, no. Great player, gonna be really great. His brother is our leader and best player by a lot. Just look at the stats tonight.

1 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Q had a hell of a night. I still stand by my statement.

Q played one hell of a game. if the three ball starts falling for him, he can be very dangerous. Nick is fantisic as well and Holman has really stepped up this season.

Glad to see Peters made some big 3s but some of his shots are still stupid. I wish he would dive more to the basket.

Overall the team played nice in the second half. Slow start tho

Without a doubt. Hes the vocal leader that we have been needing so desperately.

Nick may be the most natural leader on the team, but Holman has quietly been the best and most important player so far.

I could make an argument for Aric Holman as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogg31 View Post
    I could make an argument for Aric Holman as well.
    Holman is our best, most consistent player, but Q Weatherspoon is our most versatile and valuable. Nick Weatherspoon is a great freshman talent who plays excellent defense. Lamar Peters and Abdul Ado are the most disappointing so far. If they can start performing offensively we could be very good. Ado just has not shown the good hands that separate great big men from average big men.

Holman did well in non-conference last year as well. The question is whether he can do it against bigger more athletic players in SEC play. Having Ado should help free him up.

I think he's

speaking from an overall skill standpoint, and I agree.

The kid is going to be really good by the time he leaves.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Based on play thus far, Ado won't be drawing any double teams/concern from SEC opponents. Biggest need for this team is an offensive post presence.
    "Enjoy every sandwich" - Warren Zevon

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Dawg View Post
    Holman did well in non-conference last year as well. The question is whether he can do it against bigger more athletic players in SEC play. Having Ado should help free him up.
    Holman looked like our only big time player against Cincinnati. If he'd have had any help at all inside State has a chance to win that game.

I've thought about it a bit and decided to just say it. Anyone here who can't see that Q is head & shoulders our best player needs to have his (or her) basketball analysis card pulled.

That is all.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

It's a good problem to have. To each his own. We are splitting hairs. .... ..... ......
    Nick does all of the little things right. He might not have the stats of his big brother but......if hustle and aggression were statistical factors, Nick is above Q. I still think he is more of a leader than Q. I think he is faster and a better on the ball defender than Q. Its just an opinion. I don't hate you for opposing it.

Can I have my card back?

Edit to add: Nick has better handles and can also out jump his brother...Opinions, not facts.
    Last edited by Lettuce; 12-18-2017 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lettuce View Post
    It's a good problem to have. To each his own. We are splitting hairs. .... ..... ......
    Nick does all of the little things right. He might not have the stats of his big brother but......if hustle and aggression were statistical factors, Nick is above Q. I still think he is more of a leader than Q. I think he is faster and a better on the ball defender than Q. Its just an opinion. I don't hate you for opposing it.

Can I have my card back?

Edit to add: Nick has better handles and can also out jump his brother...Opinions, not facts.
    Thanks for such a sweet response to my (drunkenly) emphatic statement. I agree it's a good problem to have. I have great hope this could be a team that really grows in the SEC run. The Spoons are the key.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

There's more to it than

one's points total in the scoring column.

Too many people don't watch our games (as they admit) and look at the box score and form their opinion.

Yep.