Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Guess who's coaching the #40 RPI team and 4-0 in conference?

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by She Mate Me View Post
    Rick Dingleberry?

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by skydawg1 View Post
    Rick Dingleberry?
    Look in the mirror and you’ll see the Dingleberry!
    Last edited by Dog316; 01-12-2018 at 02:42 PM.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Call me when he makes it to the second weekend of the Tournament.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

I think I saw where his best player is a guy kicked off two teams already. Too lazy to go back and look it up

Some things never change.

Exaggeration in Sports Marketing. A few of us had a discussion on how school's portray championships a little more impressively than maybe they actually where at the time (not indicating co-champs, etc.). Saw this looking at WKU stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgzilla View Post
    Call me when he makes it to the second weekend of the Tournament.
    Id love to get put out the first weekend of the tournament.

3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

They may be exaggerating (I don't know his numbers), but everything on there is about MSU and not WKU.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    They may be exaggerating (I don't know his numbers), but everything on there is about MSU and not WKU.
    We may have 8 trophies in a case, but only one is for an overall SEC championship (2004). I think probably 5 West championships and two tourney titles. Very impressive at MSU. Just commenting on claiming it as 8 SEC Championships is a bit misleading, but all schools do it.
    Last edited by She Mate Me; 01-12-2018 at 04:58 PM.

We are still recovering from that mistake. Stricklin is such a bum

All the people who gave Stans hell for not making it past the second round look pretty stupid, considering what weve been since then. Looking back, taking State to four consecutive NCAA Tournaments is a great accomplishment and something that wont be happening again any time soon.

6 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by FlotownDawg View Post
    All the people who gave Stans hell for not making it past the second round look pretty stupid, considering what we’ve been since then. Looking back, taking State to four consecutive NCAA Tournaments is a great accomplishment and something that won’t be happening again any time soon.
    My days of defending Stans are mostly over since he's not here anymore, but he had more success here than I thought possible as a student in the 80's. It was a lot of fun.

If making it past a certain round of the NCAA tourney is your criteria for enjoying MSU basketball, you're simply a masochist and don't really get the fan thing.

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    If Howland is fired, I would take him back in a heartbeat or Kermit Davis.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Yeah a few of

us tried to say this, but got cussed at by the geniuses like dishwater and c34.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstudent View Post
    If Howland is fired, I would take him back in a heartbeat or Kermit Davis.
    Id take him back too.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtRambis4 View Post
    34 will still cuss you for even mentioning Stans. I don't blame him. He used to say all we had to do to do better is change coaches. Well.........he was wrong.

Its important to remember no one was defending Stans by the time he got the ax. I think his final team went from #15 to a 4seed in the NIT. He had sealed his fate by then.

The debates were all in the years before.

3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Id love to make a tournament. Any tournament

Perhaps, but I also think a lot of his defenders simply ran out of the energy required to defend him against the idiots like C34 and his band of dipshits. I know I did

Personally, I was ok with the decision to move on, but I also said then that wed be hard pressed to ever get a coach that would come remotely close to Stansburys achievements. Thus far, Ive been right. Id also take him back tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Seinfeld View Post
    Perhaps, but I also think a lot of his defenders simply ran out of the energy required to defend him against the idiots like C34 and his band of dipshits. I know I did

Personally, I was ok with the decision to move on, but I also said then that wed be hard pressed to ever get a coach that would come remotely close to Stansburys achievements. Thus far, Ive been right. Id also take him back tomorrow
    I feel about the same as you. Hard to really argue moving on from him, especially given the Sidney situation. But he did a great job here.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtRambis4 View Post
    I still love to stop and peruse his threads on that other site. He had a nine pager going telling them all we needed to get Hurt from Bama because he was better than Nick and had a better upside than Keyton, fully using his passive-aggressive style of saying our guys were good but still not that great. Classic C34... never backing down one bit, while telling you what an idiot you are for doubting is opinion.

I cannot tell you how happy I was when he grew too large for the ol' SixPack.
    I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.
    Johnny Cash

Quote Originally Posted by L4Dawg View Post
    34 will still cuss you for even mentioning Stans. I don't blame him. He used to say all we had to do to do better is change coaches. Well.........he was wrong.
    "There are dozens of top-level coaches that would jump at the MSU job if we just can Stanz!" signed C34
    I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.
    Johnny Cash

Quote Originally Posted by FlotownDawg View Post
    All the people who gave Stans hell for not making it past the second round look pretty stupid, considering what weve been since then. Looking back, taking State to four consecutive NCAA Tournaments is a great accomplishment and something that wont be happening again any time soon.
    Not really. I will forever say if Stans is the best we can do then just shut the shit down and focus on football, baseball, and womens basketball. Not many people give a damn about basketball anyway. Its just something to get you from football season to baseball season.

3 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    We are still recovering from that mistake. Stricklin is such a bum
    This is it in a nutshell. It was probably time for Stan to go, we just had the wrong person picking who replaced him.

Now we are probably going to kick Howland out before he has a decent chance to rebuild the shit show we had. People keep forgetting this is the FIRST season he has had a full squad to practice and play with, then expected every player he brought in to step up and be all world from the get-go. He is still thinning out the non-team players and no one is giving him credit for teachig our players to play defense.

Shit is hard to rebuild from the ashes we had for him to start with and no real senior contribution on the team this year.
    Johnny Cash

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by 57stratdawg View Post
    Its important to remember no one was defending Stans by the time he got the ax. I think his final team went from #15 to a 4seed in the NIT. He had sealed his fate by then.

The debates were all in the years before.
    He should have taken the Clemson job. Things would never have ended so badly.
    Johnny Cash

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Seinfeld View Post

Personally, I was ok with the decision to move on, but I also said then that we’d be hard pressed to ever get a coach that would come remotely close to Stansbury’s achievements. Thus far, I’ve been right. I’d also take him back tomorrow
    This is where I was and what I said as well. It was time for him to go for a number of reasons, but I was sad because I was pretty sure we were in for a long haul.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    He should have taken the Clemson job. Things would never have ended so badly.
    No doubt about that. He needed a change of scenery and we needed a change too. Would have been much better for both sides if he had left then.

Ur a gd moron*

Quote Originally Posted by 57stratdawg View Post
    Its important to remember no one was defending Stans by the time he got the axe
    Thats just not true guitarclown

Let's not forget Stansbury is coaching in CUSA now. He isn't 4-0 in the SEC he's 4-0 in CUSA. Big difference.

I hope you all realize if we do Stansbury 2.0 we'll end up with head coach and athletic director Randy Stewart one day.

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG61 View Post
    Let's not forget Stansbury is coaching in CUSA now. He isn't 4-0 in the SEC he's 4-0 in CUSA. Big difference.
    Beat Purdue, lost by 8 at Villanova, and lost by 1 at Wisconsin. We do have a common opponent... they beat usm by 16 and we beat them by 6.

Ron Polk 2.0 worked out great**

Really? That would be an awful decision.

And you will forever be wrong.

He's doing well

this year, so far. Better than us, against a harder schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    This is it in a nutshell. It was probably time for Stan to go, we just had the wrong person picking who replaced him.

Now we are probably going to kick Howland out before he has a decent chance to rebuild the shit show we had. People keep forgetting this is the FIRST season he has had a full squad to practice and play with, then expected every player he brought in to step up and be all world from the get-go. He is still thinning out the non-team players and no one is giving him credit for teachig our players to play defense.

Shit is hard to rebuild from the ashes we had for him to start with and no real senior contribution on the team this year.
    Couldn't the same be said for schools like TCU, Auburn, and Tennessee? Doesn't seem like they're having to wait four years to turn things around.

Because he was still doing relatively well by MSUs historical standards, Stans should not have been fired unless MSU had a very strong coach already lined up. It was basically guaranteed wed do worse than we had been doing under Stans for at least a period of years and potentially a protracted period as has turned out to be the case.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

And then when that didnt happen, it was...

By the time we finally got around to canning his ass, the program was too toxic! No one would touch it!

And 6 years later, its just...

17 Stands! He sucked!

C34 is one sick dude, and its amazing to me that even after all this time, some still cant see that Stansbury was one of the best coaches that MSU athletics has ever had

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post