Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hit the nail on the head. People were sick of the transfers, offensive stalls, and of course the Sidney mess, but the key fact that few want to recognize is that in spite of all that crap, he continuously found ways to put competitive teams on the floor nearly every year.

He recruited well, he did an incredible job of plugging holes with high quality transfers, and he was a very good coach of defense and rebounding. I get that people were sick of some of the baggage he had, but the dude won games. Period. For all those that said “I don’t care if we lose every game. I just want change”, I wonder how many are filling up the Hump these days.

Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

I wanted stans gone as early as 2005. And i was one of the biggest proponents of his firing. But i really think we should attempt to rehire stans. Its not an idea that hes gonna take us to national titles or anything....maybe he cant do any better than we did before. But im not sure theres a better option. That might be a sad statement. And be it as it may. But i think we'll be making a change after next season or the next. Not sure theres anything better out there that we can get than stans.

You wanted Stans gone the year after we won our first outright SEC championship in 40 years? Really?

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

He played

basketball in HS.

He knows what he's talking about.****

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by FlotownDawg View Post
    You wanted Stans gone the year after we won our first outright SEC championship in 40 years? Really?
    And now wants him back. Logic like that is hard to argue with (hard to argue with crazy).

You got a better solution? Or just the type that like to point out others percieved faults without giving your own ideas how to fix this?

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

I never mentioned when i played. How are you aware? But if youre insinuating that a person has to have played beyond hs youre calling a looooot of folks here out

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Stalk your ex wives much?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs'n'Grizz View Post
    Couldn't the same be said for schools like TCU, Auburn, and Tennessee? Doesn't seem like they're having to wait four years to turn things around.
    Actually Auburn's last season looks like a carbon copy of where we are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    Actually Auburn's last season looks like a carbon copy of where we are right now.
    I remember thinking in the first half how good we could be next year with more mature decision making and another year for Ado to develop. Those thoughts left me in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgzilla View Post
    Call me when he makes it to the second weekend of the Tournament.
    Call me when MSU gets on the CBI bubble without him.

2 coaches and what, 6, 7 years later and still counting.

I loved ol stans. He gave us about 9 good years. His last 5 something happened to him. He got away from what he built the program around. He built it on defense, rebounding and being physical. We started to move towards a more finesse style and it was never the same. Then on top of that the discipline went to crap. I don’t know if he got complacent, lazy, or apathetic but something changed. It was time for Stans to go. It just sucks we had an idiot making the next hire.

The truth is Stans last team would stomp mud holes in any team we have had since. That team would probably contend for the SEC title this year. Yes lazy ass Sidney would still probably put up some double doubles. And don't forget Ole Miss was Stan's. Bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Beat Purdue, lost by 8 at Villanova, and lost by 1 at Wisconsin. We do have a common opponent... they beat usm by 16 and we beat them by 6.
    He's having a better year than Howland not denying that. He hasn't stocked the cupboard full of lazy cancer divas quite yet.