Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    How is Sprint service in Starkville? Have a son at MSU and I am looking to...

    change to Sprint. I will be ok here in TX, but want to make sure I don't leave him with no coverage in Starkville. Comments appreciated.


    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by The Usual Suspect View Post
    change to Sprint. I will be ok here in TX, but want to make sure I don't leave him with no coverage in Starkville. Comments appreciated.
    Friend of mine went to sprint from att because of the free year of service offer when you swap with an unlocked phone. He says service is not quite shit but itís not the best but it is free


    1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by The Usual Suspect View Post
    change to Sprint. I will be ok here in TX, but want to make sure I don't leave him with no coverage in Starkville. Comments appreciated.
    I had Sprint when I was there, and it was consistently worse than everybody else. It was serviceable in the city, but once I got out of town a little or started down 25 back to Jackson, it was pretty bad.


    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

  4. #4
    Sprint follows the old PCS footprint, so pretty much everywhere that isnít a major city or major interstate highway will be hit or miss.


    2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

  5. #5
    Dawgbite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    State of Disbelief
    Posts
    1,390
    ATT probably has the best coverage in the area but it is useless beyond calls on game days. Verizon will have a few dead spots in rural areas but is the best option on game days, I can stream video during the games. Sprint is a distant third around here. ATT inhales briskly at my house and I can literally walk out in the front yard and see the blinking light on the tower that ATT uses.


    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

  6. #6
    Someone told me that with Sprint, you cannot use data and voice at the same time. I thought no big deal and then I realized how often I actually am on my phone and and web at the same time. Such as Bluetooth in my vehicle and gps on the phone.


    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    ATT probably has the best coverage in the area but it is useless beyond calls on game days. Verizon will have a few dead spots in rural areas but is the best option on game days, I can stream video during the games. Sprint is a distant third around here. ATT inhales briskly at my house and I can literally walk out in the front yard and see the blinking light on the tower that ATT uses.
    I have Verizon now, and love the service area. But, Sprint's current offer is basically 1/2 of what I am currently paying.


    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Madison, Alabama
    Posts
    9,419
    Quote Originally Posted by The Usual Suspect View Post
    I have Verizon now, and love the service area. But, Sprint's current offer is basically 1/2 of what I am currently paying.
    Doesn't do you much good if it doesn't work, or at least isn't dependable. With Verizon, I have two lines for about $100/mo, and that currently includes $20 for an iPhone. That's not bad. There seems to be very few areas where Verizon doesn't have service.


    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

  9. #9
    Is that fact? I was just about to switch over to Sprint during the next couple of weeks in order to take advantage of their free service for a year deal, but if what you say is true, that could be a dealbreaker.


    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

  10. #10
    HotMop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Panama City Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,717
    Pay half and not have service. Good deal.


    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

  11. #11
    Sprint stinks in MS. It may be ok in Starkville but traveling anywhere outside the city could be an issue. I work in Oxford as a contractor and get no signal in that town. It's infuriating that I can't even take a picture of a piece of equipment and text it while on be job site there. Happens in several other Mississippi towns as well.


    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

  12. #12
    The Godfather dawgstudent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    29,080
    Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    Sprint is the reason Cspire sucks outside the state of MS. That's who Cspire uses when you leave the state.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs


    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgstudent View Post
    Sprint is the reason Cspire sucks outside the state of MS. That's who Cspire uses when you leave the state.
    Well tjhat explains a lot. I can map the state border with my phone signal when I am out storm chasing. Fortunately, my chase partner is Verizon so between the two of us, we usually have a signal.


    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

  14. #14
    We don't get the same bandwidth regular Sprint customers get when we leave the state. I think CSpire must only pay for 3G service out of state. Whatever the reason, it's almost enough to make me switch to Verizon and I don't even leave the state that often.


    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

  15. #15
    Rootmetrics is the authority when it comes to mobile network performance. They rated Verizon number 1 in Mississippi in 2016 performance and 6 years in a row nationally.

    I personally switched over in December after 10 years with AT&T. I live in a big city so coverage is not an issue, but performance is and I have dropped zero calls that I can recall. With ATT I always dropped calls in rush hour times when people are on their phones and every time I drove through one intersection by my house.

    Verizon has HD calling and I am shocked by how clear people sound over the phone. The background CDMA technology does drain batteries faster than ATT. If your an Android fan, they have a $300 credit on the Pixel 2 which makes it super cheap for arguably the best phone on the market. Unlike Samsung and others, Google phones do not have a company "skin" over the Android platform. It just works cleaner and faster as far as I can tell. Anywho I am extremely happy and the only reason I switched was to save $20 a month over ATT, but I lucked out with a better network and phone.

    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300316882.html


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgstudent View Post
    Sprint is the reason Cspire sucks outside the state of MS. That's who Cspire uses when you leave the state.
    I find that hard to believe. If true, there is no way Sprint has any customers in New Orleans. I canít even send an iMessage when I go there. Itís terrible.


    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

  17. #17
    Can someone confirm that CSpire is the old Cellular South? I am pretty sure, but haven't lived in MS in over 10 years.

    If so, whatever ad agency came up with that name needs to be fired. It's terrible.


    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

  18. #18
    Yes. CSpire is the old Cellular South. And yes, the ad agency did a terrible job with the name and logo.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Madison, Alabama
    Posts
    9,419
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeLee'sSocks View Post
    Rootmetrics is the authority when it comes to mobile network performance. They rated Verizon number 1 in Mississippi in 2016 performance and 6 years in a row nationally.

    I personally switched over in December after 10 years with AT&T. I live in a big city so coverage is not an issue, but performance is and I have dropped zero calls that I can recall. With ATT I always dropped calls in rush hour times when people are on their phones and every time I drove through one intersection by my house.

    Verizon has HD calling and I am shocked by how clear people sound over the phone. The background CDMA technology does drain batteries faster than ATT. If your an Android fan, they have a $300 credit on the Pixel 2 which makes it super cheap for arguably the best phone on the market. Unlike Samsung and others, Google phones do not have a company "skin" over the Android platform. It just works cleaner and faster as far as I can tell. Anywho I am extremely happy and the only reason I switched was to save $20 a month over ATT, but I lucked out with a better network and phone.

    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300316882.html
    What city is that?

    I too have had no issues with Verizon, and while really expensive at one time, it seems to be pretty competitive now.


    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

  20. #20
    Dallas


    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SixPack Sponsors









Disclaimer: Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Mississippi State University or any other Mississippi State sports website. Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Scottish & Newcastle PLC d/b/a Bulldog Strong Ale. The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by SixPackSpeak.com. The interactive nature of the SixPackSpeak.com Discussion Forums makes it impossible for SixPackSpeak.com to assume responsibility for any of the content, including photographs and/or images, posted by participants. The ideas, suggestions, thoughts, recommendations, opinions, comments, advice, and observations made by participants of the interactive Discussion Forums are not endorsed by SixPackSpeak.com.


Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties