Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

Well Burns knew this year he couldnít predict us to finish last so he had to channel that negative energy elsewhere

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    Peter Burns sings State's praises every chance he gets. If there is one guy in the media that doesn't have MSU ties that is pro-MSU - it's Peter Burns.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

7 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Agreed, Burns is the anti-barrett.

nm
    I don't always drink but when I do I become a message board genius**

I bet pre season last year Fitz was higher. The lack of a passing game this year hurt his stock. He had more INTs than passing TDs last year...a problem I expect rectified this season.

That ranking doesn't seem very pro-MSU. Nick gave it the response it deserves.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    That ranking doesn't seem very pro-MSU. Nick gave it the response it deserves.

They cover for Beirut Sally too.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

7th best QB on the 14th place team ainít bad folks.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I canít wait to see who the first dubmass to pick us to finish 7th is. Then, once the die has been cast, they all will jump right on it because none of these morons actually investigate shit.
    Last edited by JoMo MoJo; 03-13-2018 at 01:16 PM.

I was gonna say the same thing. He seems to really like us.
    90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstudent View Post
    Peter Burns sings State's praises every chance he gets. If there is one guy in the media that doesn't have MSU ties that is pro-MSU - it's Peter Burns.
    He sings our praises, but he has not been praise worthy with his picks for State the past few years. Pretty sure he's picked UK to beat us each of the last 2 years among not giving us a chance in any other big games.

He's the classic, "Miss St Bulldogs looking strong this year!! But......things are going to get tough for them and although they may be better, their record won't show it."

He makes comments like that the past couple years after he was very high on us when SECN first started.

Having said all that, he is very fair and gives us plenty of praise, just not that much praise in predicting our Ws and Ls.
    MSU Class of 2011

Praise and respect are two totally different things. Burns doesnít respect MSU much, but not many in the media do.

Yeah Bentley's 18/12 TD/Int ratio and 6 rushing TDs are totally better than Nick's 15/11 TD/Int and 15 rushing TDs (while missing two games).

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Mullen was our first coach in modern times to field a consistent winner at State, so it's going to take some time to erase the doormat perception of the program. If Moorhead can string together several years of 8 - 10 game win seasons I think that perception will fade from view.

Quote Originally Posted by Msubulldogfan1 View Post
    I bet pre season last year Fitz was higher. The lack of a passing game this year hurt his stock. He had more INTs than passing TDs last year...a problem I expect rectified this season.
    Huh?
    Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
    *2017 Mississippi State SEC JR QB 12 159 286 55.6 1782 6.2 5.5 15 11 117.5

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by tired View Post
    Huh?
    Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
    *2017 Mississippi State SEC JR QB 12 159 286 55.6 1782 6.2 5.5 15 11 117.5
    lol, dunno where I Got that from then. Letís not pretend 15/11 is a great ration though.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Let's not pretend passing stats tells the whole story about a college QB. 15 TDs rushing and 82 yards per game rushing isn't too shabby.

I'd put him 5th or 6th. I don't have issue with that. Bentley is probably the only one that does not belong ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    Let's not pretend passing stats tells the whole story about a college QB. 15 TDs rushing and 82 yards per game rushing isn't too shabby.
    Nah, Fitz run game is second to none.

I just hope Fitz can put the injury behind him, mentally speaking. I'm not sure how much an injury like that can make a player sorta gunshy, but it would sure be in the back of my head the first time I had to scramble out of the pocket or run a draw. Then again, that's just one reason I never got to play after high school.

He isn't a kicker. He is a grown man that is the size of a linebacker and enjoys running people over. We aren't talking about Tyson Lee and even at 5'6 that dude was pretty tough. I seriously doubt he will be gun shy. However, I don't expect him to run quite as much in the new offense, and I honestly think that might disappoint him a little. Other than him being a white dude and 6'5ish his running abilities reminds me of Boobie. He'll be full speed by August. I have faith in him and that our coaches will have him mentally prepared to be one of the best QBs in the league this fall.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

I read his tweet to mean if they were "drafting" for an NFL team... which might lead one to project Bentley ahead of Fitz, and lessen the importance on rushing TDs.

But I could be misinterpreting. Either way, sounds like it gave Fitz a little juice, which probably isn't a bad thing.

Burns sings every SEC teamsí praises. Heís a shill for the SEC network.

Quote Originally Posted by SyonaraStanz View Post
    I'd put him 5th or 6th. I don't have issue with that. Bentley is probably the only one that does not belong ahead of him.
    I disagree completely:

1) Jarrett Stidham - overhyped Auburn QB. Has anyone mentioned him for the Heisman yet? His numbers (18/6 TD/Int, 4 rushing TDs) are Bentley-like. If this is your #1 QB in the leaque, it's a shit league.
    2) Drew Lock - I'd take this guy over Fitz in a pass-first, no-QB-run offense. Otherwise, no. His passing numbers are awesome (44/13 TD/Int) but he's not a runner (1 rushing TD).
    3) Jake Fromm - Played well as a freshmens but relied on the running game (probably by design). 24/7 TD/Int ratio and 3 rushing TDs total. Plus he had 4 extra games over Fitz to get his numbers. 17/7 TD/Int and 3 rushing TDs aren't nearly as impressive in that context.
    4) Jake Bentley - Sigh. I'm sure this guy is talented but he get's Stidham-like hype over mediocre numbers. Sorry but 18/12 TD/Int and 6 rushing TDs (all coming in 3 games) don't make you a top 4 SEC QB.
    5) Tua - Sigh again. This guy has talent, but he played meaningful snaps in ONE half of ONE game and threw ONE great pass. Can we stop the hype already?
    6) Jalen Hurts - He's not as good a QB as Fitz, he just plays on a team that's unbelievably loaded. With a 17/1 TD/Int ratio and 8 rushing TDs, he's a guy who doesn't turn the ball over. This is why he's effective.
    7) Nick Fitzgerald - #1 or #2 in the SEC depending on what you are looking for, and the number's don't lie. No, he's not the best passer but he accounted for 29 TDs in 11 games (15/11 TD/Int, 14 Rushing TDs). Lock is the only other QB in the SEC with more total TDs.

My rankings using the same QB list:
    1) Drew Lock / Nick Fitzgerald (depending on the offense)
    3) Jalen Hurts
    4) Jake Fromm
    5) Jarrett Stidham
    6) Jake Bentley
    7) Tua

I have a really hard time putting Tua ahead of Fitz based on just two quarters of play (although he did look awesome in those 2 quarters). Bentley is another stretch. Hurts and Stidham are debateable. I would rate Lock and Fromm ahead of Fitz, but not necessarily in our offense.

Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    I disagree completely:

1) Jarrett Stidham - overhyped Auburn QB. Has anyone mentioned him for the Heisman yet? His numbers (18/6 TD/Int, 4 rushing TDs) are Bentley-like. If this is your #1 QB in the leaque, it's a shit league.
    2) Drew Lock - I'd take this guy over Fitz in a pass-first, no-QB-run offense. Otherwise, no. His passing numbers are awesome (44/13 TD/Int) but he's not a runner (1 rushing TD).
    3) Jake Fromm - Played well as a freshmens but relied on the running game (probably by design). 24/7 TD/Int ratio and 3 rushing TDs total. Plus he had 4 extra games over Fitz to get his numbers. 17/7 TD/Int and 3 rushing TDs aren't nearly as impressive in that context.
    4) Jake Bentley - Sigh. I'm sure this guy is talented but he get's Stidham-like hype over mediocre numbers. Sorry but 18/12 TD/Int and 6 rushing TDs (all coming in 3 games) don't make you a top 4 SEC QB.
    5) Tua - Sigh again. This guy has talent, but he played meaningful snaps in ONE half of ONE game and threw ONE great pass. Can we stop the hype already?
    6) Jalen Hurts - He's not as good a QB as Fitz, he just plays on a team that's unbelievably loaded. With a 17/1 TD/Int ratio and 8 rushing TDs, he's a guy who doesn't turn the ball over. This is why he's effective.
    7) Nick Fitzgerald - #1 or #2 in the SEC depending on what you are looking for, and the number's don't lie. No, he's not the best passer but he accounted for 29 TDs in 11 games (15/11 TD/Int, 14 Rushing TDs). Lock is the only other QB in the SEC with more total TDs.

My rankings using the same QB list:
    1) Drew Lock / Nick Fitzgerald (depending on the offense)
    3) Jalen Hurts
    4) Jake Fromm
    5) Jarrett Stidham
    6) Jake Bentley
    7) Tua

Wow your biased. Lots of flaws in your "analysis" other than Drew Lock and Hurts. You did well on Lock and Hurts and failed miserably on the rest bc of your bias.
    MSU Class of 2011

Trying not to be biased, but I need to see more work from Tua

Before crowning him king. Didn't Georgia drop one easy int and have a chance on another? He had the luxury of playing against a tired defense that was in shock due to being unprepared to see anyone other than Hurts. Also, he stared down every receiver he threw to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStateUofMS View Post
    Wow your biased. Lots of flaws in your "analysis" other than Drew Lock and Hurts. You did well on Lock and Hurts and failed miserably on the rest bc of your bias.
    Fitz accounted for more TDs than any other QB in the league other than Lock. If production from the position doesn't matter then go with those other guys I guess. Fitz isn't the best passer (youth/injuries at the WR position may have contributed to that just a WEE bit), but his running gets us yards, first downs, and points.

If you disagree, please feel free to offer something up other than "you're wrong because bias". Which, by the way ... duh. I'm a State fan on a State board discussing a State player being disrespected by a sports media member. You're damn right I'm biased. I'm also RIGHT.