Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT: Prayers for those in Austin

It's crazy. The city has had 4 explosions in one month.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

+1

The bomb last night was triggered by a trip wire. The previous bombs had been placed in a low income area, but last night's was in an upscale neighborhood. The trip wire trigger puts a whole new level of sophistication in play and increases the fear factor. The neighborhood residents where it went off last night are being kept in their homes util 2 pm today. This is a terrible and really scary situation. Lets pray this person is caught very soon.

Smells like a conspiracy or something. Is somebody trying to prove you don’t need guns to kill and injure people?

2 out of 15 sixpackers like this post

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? You sound about as retarded as the folks claiming these mass shootings are all played out by "crisis actors".

We saw this same stuff all the time in Iraq. Is it really a surprise that someone would use the same tactics over here? The only real surprise is that it took so long for it to happen.

3 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Msubulldogfan1 View Post
    Smells like a conspiracy or something. Is somebody trying to prove you don’t need guns to kill and injure people?
    Not really. It smells like there is a crazy person in Austin who knows how to make bombs.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

No conspiracy. White male, 40-50, divorced, unemployed, disenfranchised. Next.

7 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuley View Post
    Probably.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Former military. Ordnance. Denied disability. PTSD. Major tax problems.

6 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Society is so crazy right now, I don’t put anything past anybody. Especially in the political environment we have currently.

0 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

It's useless to say what type of person this guy is, only that he's crazy and needs to be caught.

No conspiracy but definitely a collective rage arising out there as American institutions and the middle class die.

Doubt this guy is connected to the military. It's a possibility, but I wouldn't say it is likely. There isn't nearly enough public info to create a profile yet. I could throw out a profile. Group of middle eastern males, mid to late twenties, strong religious convictions, one or two of them received some type of training in Syria or Jordan before immigrating to the US as a student, likely setting up probing attacks in under-patrolled neighborhoods before stepping their game up in a larger scale attack.

See? We can make up whatever profiles we want. Neither of us has much to base an opinion on.

3 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

This “political” environment was created by one side way more than the other side.

0 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by paindonthurt View Post
    This “political” environment was created by one side way more than the other side.
    Yup.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Oh, I agree with you about the conjecture and speculation part. Not enough data. One would think there would already be claims of responsibility by radical muslim groups if this was the work of a radicalized muslim or muslim sleeper cell. Feels more like a mental freak, white dude uni-bomber situation to me.

5 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

I suspect security camera sales to increase. They are absurdly cheap and easy to setup. I purchased one after my home got broken into. Heck just a sign will help deter some. I suspect the perp will be caught at some point because of this hopefully sooner than later.

I will agree that the lack of a public claim of responsibility lends itself to the idea that this person/group is not related to a terrorist organization. Unless they are intentionally keeping quiet as they build their way up to something larger, the usual M.O. is to quickly latch on to responsibilty before the blood even dries.

Sad situation all the way around that we are normally sheltered from in this country.

Thanks for the prayers.

My $0.02 :
    After the 3rd bombing, the news started saying it "could likely be a hate crime" since all victims were minorities. I thought this was irrelevant, as it's a hateful and evil act regardless of the victims race.
    After this bombing today, it appears (to me) the bomber was trying to squash the "hate crime" motive.

The geography of the bomb sites is following a clockwise pattern so far, and no bombs went off during SXSW last week, which is good but you have to wonder why not.
    If the clockwise pattern continues, it will be in my part of town sometime next week.
    So now we have to tell our kids to be careful outside because an evil person is planting bombs... not fun.

Doubt this is a middle eastern terrorist. Shmuley's probably pretty close on his profile. The guy may not be military, but he's got some kind of training. It's not easy to make those kinds of bombs and successfully deliver and detonate them.

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    They're both equally guilty.

7 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

Praying for you and your family in particular, hdogg.

Quote Originally Posted by hdogg View Post
    Thanks for the prayers.

My $0.02 :
    After the 3rd bombing, the news started saying it "could likely be a hate crime" since all victims were minorities. I thought this was irrelevant, as it's a hateful and evil act regardless of the victims race.
    After this bombing today, it appears (to me) the bomber was trying to squash the "hate crime" motive.

The geography of the bomb sites is following a clockwise pattern so far, and no bombs went off during SXSW last week, which is good but you have to wonder why not.
    If the clockwise pattern continues, it will be in my part of town sometime next week.
    So now we have to tell our kids to be careful outside because an evil person is planting bombs... not fun.
    Man keep your kids inside. Stay safe

It's getting pretty tense around here. I'm out on the west side but last night's explosion was in a different area than the previous bombs.
    “I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.”
    Johnny Cash

Quote Originally Posted by DesotoCountyDawg View Post
    They're both equally guilty.
    Both sides plus the news media have politicized everything and anything to the point I only occasionally watch the local news.

They have let politics infiltrate every aspect of life and entertainment and I'm ready for politics to jump the shark.
    “I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.”
    Johnny Cash

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

You don't think it's a little old Chinese lady? Huh.

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

What part of town are you in dawg?
    Johnny Cash

Twitter
    Tweet
    Likely someone mad that austin has not been renamed LeslieCochranville yet.

After the 3rd bombing, the news started saying it "could likely be a hate crime" since all victims were minorities.
    The media needs to cut this race baiting garbage out. This is exactly the type of shit that has everybody at each other's throat now.

4 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    They have let politics infiltrate every aspect of life and entertainment and I'm ready for politics to jump the shark.
    You’d be surprised but sometimes it’s even found on sports message boards**

Both sides would say this same thing. It's is funny and sad at the same time.

What part of town are you in dawg?
    Northwest - 183/Spicewood Springs area

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius Say View Post
    Man keep your kids inside. Stay safe
    Thanks man.
    Yeah, I'm sure it's a matter of time before the kids will use this as an excuse to stay in and play more video games.
    The city is in a state of shock afer this trip-wire one.
    Hopefully the "family cat" will find one of the bombs if it does come close to us. I'd love for that creature to sacrifice itself for the children
    (ok I'm probably going to hell for that one - I may need some more prayers from PreacherDawg! Just kidding, I'm pretty sure God hates cats

Northwest - 183/Spicewood Springs area
    I'm living in the Steiner Ranch for the next few months but the neighborhood is on alert.
    Johnny Cash

For sure. **

Truth- i dont wven know which you mean.
    I can cite 50 different things from both sides off the top of my head that are national, regional, and local. And thats without even really trying.
    I couldnt say either side is 'way more' at fault.

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Thank goodness for the ignore list. 17.

Quote Originally Posted by mstateglfr View Post
    For sure. **

Truth- i dont wven know which you mean.
    I can cite 50 different things from both sides off the top of my head that are national, regional, and local. And thats without even really trying.
    I couldnt say either side is 'way more' at fault.
    And, go.

I laughed at the cat sacrifice. I so get it.

Quote Originally Posted by BELdog View Post
    Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? You sound about as retarded as the folks claiming these mass shootings are all played out by "crisis actors".

We saw this same stuff all the time in Iraq. Is it really a surprise that someone would use the same tactics over here? The only real surprise is that it took so long for it to happen.
    BEL and I don’t often agree but this is one of those times. I will however say I’m not willing to say it’s a Muslim terrorist situation.
    Last edited by mcdawg22; 03-19-2018 at 07:33 PM.

It's getting pretty tense around here. I'm out on the west side but last night's explosion was in a different area than the previous bombs.
    Dude make sure you abide. And don’t let them take your rug, it ties the whole thing together.