Nick Weatherspoon dunk?

Can somebody post a replay of that dunk from last night? It was sick...

Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    Tweet
    It rolled so nonchalant. Good stuff. Thanks for the link.

Thanks Fatboy. No offense*

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    Nick got some ups... Won't see that in a womens game..

1 out of 12 sixpackers like this post

Your obsession with hating on women's basketball - it have a point?

or is the point just to get you attention. If that's the case, you're welcome, I guess.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

nope

Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    Nick got some ups... Won't see that in a womens game..
    wgaf?

My point is that it is an inferior product to men's basketball, yet we fill the Hump for the women's team but can't for the men's team.
    Why ??

I fully support all our women's sports and hope we win the natty this year in basketball, but it's just not the same as men's hoops.

Question..
    If we become a national power in softball will our fans show up more for that team than our men's baseball team that is struggling?

2 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Just because the men would beat them head to head doesn't mean it's an inferior product. Again, if you really believed that, you'd watch every NBA game you could and nothing else.
    If we become a national power in softball will our fans show up more for that team than our men's baseball team that is struggling?
    The answer to that question is hell yes. People will support a winner, and not so much a loser. If we have 3 years of last place finishes in baseball and 3 super regionals in softball, we'll become a softball school.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

My point is that it is an inferior product to men's basketball, yet we fill the Hump for the women's team but can't for the men's team.
    Why ??

I fully support all our women's sports and hope we win the natty this year in basketball, but it's just not the same as men's hoops.
    Not the same doesnt make it inferior.

Women score more per game, shoot better overall, shoot better from deep, and shoot better from the line. The women also get more steals per game, rebounds per game, more assists per game, and turn the ball over less per game.

They are statistically the obviously better product, so why would you watch the inferior play of the men's team?

** i dont actually think men's bball is inferior. I just find it odd that you compare the two as if they should be compared, or are even comparable.
    When the teams are actually compared, the women's team is statistically better in every important way.

Quote Originally Posted by mstateglfr View Post
    Not the same doesnt make it inferior.

Women score more per game, shoot better overall, shoot better from deep, and shoot better from the line. The women also get more steals per game, rebounds per game, more assists per game, and turn the ball over less per game.

They are statistically the obviously better product, so why would you watch the inferior play of the men's team?

** i dont actually think men's bball is inferior. I just find it odd that you compare the two as if they should be compared, or are even comparable.
    When the teams are actually compared, the women's team is statistically better in every important way.

The also use a smaller ball, which is much easier to shoot with in the same size hoop. Let the men use the smaller ball and then it's apples to apples.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    Just because the men would beat them head to head doesn't mean it's an inferior product. Again, if you really believed that, you'd watch every NBA game you could and nothing else. The answer to that question is hell yes. People will support a winner, and not so much a loser. If we have 3 years of last place finishes in baseball and 3 super regionals in softball, we'll become a softball school.
    You don't really believe that about softball, I sure as hell don't. I am still miffed at the lack of men's basketball attendance.
    NBA is boring until the playoff's CBB not so much..

Go Titty Dawgs !!!

1 out of 12 sixpackers like this post

Why ??

Question..

it is the way tickets are sold. 5 bucks gets you in the Womens game -I think. The lower level for the men's game is mostly sold to big Money givers. Alot are businesses and Corporations who don't give a $hit about basketball. They buy the tickets but don't show. Football and baseball points should not count for Basketball Tickets--showing up for games show be part of the equation in who gets lower lever tickets.

I agree fish. I'm happy for the women having success, but its pitiful that we could not support the men's team on the same level. We have some true fair-weather fans.

The one thing Templeton had right was the de-emphasization of women's sports at MSU.

3 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    Tweet
    Cool. We should plan a 6pack meet up in NYC next week.

Blue tent in Times Square

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

If you canít understand why the womenís b-ball team is drawing larger crowds than the menís at this moment in time, you arenít very smart.

I say that and Iíve been to more menís games this year than womenís, but the women are putting a much superior product on the floor than men right now.

Quote Originally Posted by paindonthurt View Post
    If you canít understand why the womenís b-ball team is drawing larger crowds than the menís at this moment in time, you arenít very smart.

I say that and Iíve been to more menís games this year than womenís, but the women are putting a much superior product on the floor than men right now.
    No, they aren't. There are certain SEC teams with girls that are pushing 250 pounds. That's not athletic. Dominating those teams is not necessarily a superior product than the men. There are only about five decent teams in all of women's basketball, and all of them would be beaten by an average 2A boy's basketball team. Its boring.

The men went 16-2 at home this year. Their two losses were to the SEC co-champions. We should have sold out every SEC game.

I hope neither one of us ever lives to see it, but let baseball suck for 6 years as bad as basketball did and you'd see 1,000 fans being a big crowd in the Dude.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by 615dawg View Post
    I agree fish. I'm happy for the women having success, but its pitiful that we could not support the men's team on the same level. We have some true fair-weather fans.

The one thing Templeton had right was the de-emphasization of women's sports at MSU.
    I don't think women's sports should be de-emphasized. We just have to keep an eye on cost benefit for non-revenue sports. We get some value from exposure due to women's basketball. We get a lot of benefit from baseball due to it attracting some intense fans, even if it's not a major sport. Spending money on that is fine. Need to be very cost conscious with other sports. Not sure how much value there is in having a national championship caliber track team, golf team, tennis team, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 615dawg View Post

We have fair weathered fans but we also have bipolar fans. If a team is winning they canít see literally a month into the past when the team was losing and looking rather non chalant doing it. And vice versa, after a loss against Ole Miss and Mullen leaving, he is the worst coach and we suck, but after the Bama game they were clamoring to crown him the second best coach in the SEC.

Twitter
    SixPackSpeak
    It cost $10 for a family of 4 to go to a women's game I think until this year (high school and under were free). It cost $60 for men's.
    Last edited by dawgstudent; 03-22-2018 at 04:29 PM.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

Absolutely. State fans will support a winner.

Does that mean we should abandon one team just because another is good? No. But that's the same in basketball, the women's team gaining support isn't the reason fans aren't showing up to the men's game. We'll be good next year, and fans will show up.

Twitter
    Tweet
    We get benefit from baseball? There have been a dozen games on the TV with what looks like 3 people in the stands. Embarrassing is not a benefit.

Why ??

Question..
    The women's team EARNED the sellout crowds. That only happened this year after three years of gradually increasing success, culminating in an undefeated regular season... AND the sellouts only happened down the stretch of the streak, it was not something that happened all season. I would guess that if we had not had that streak, we may have only sold out the South Carolina game.

You are punishing them for doing something the guys have not done. If the men play that well next season, you will see the crowds increase.

You are being a shit for the wrong reasons dude.
    ďI love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.Ē
    Johnny Cash

The also use a smaller ball, which is much easier to shoot with in the same size hoop. Let the men use the smaller ball and then it's apples to apples.
    You might want to factor in hand size too when you make your comparison of ball size. If you want to equalize everything, make the hoop smaller, but also lower the height from 10 feet, to something like 9'6" ... because women are statistically shorter than men. Since women are slower, you could also make the court smaller.

Trying to compare the two is actually senseless. That's why men and women generally don't compete against one another.

Well this thread went to shit

Twitter
    Tweet
    That happens when a bunch of "baseball fans" have nothing else to do.

Ok

You are a sack of shit. I hope and pray that you never have a daughter.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post