Did we really beat the #1 team UF last night? CL has nothing, sec baseball

site has no article or headline.

Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

Lol at anybody that still gets their jimmies rustled over the cl. They're irrelevant. Just let them die in peace.

9 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

They already working on their Ole Miss wins the West headline, no time for MSU baseball coverage.

I won't ever understand them not giving good coverage on MSU. They are dying in a death spiral and good coverage to MSU with fair, well written articles would get me to subscribe to read....as it would many others. In their stubbornness they are choosing an early death of their newspaper.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Who will get the thanks? Alabama for being terrible? Arkansas for losing? UGA for winning? The SEC schedule for letting them dodge Florida and get the top 3 west teams +UGA at home? The possibilities are endless.
    Last edited by tatedog; 05-18-2018 at 09:31 AM.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

That's one of the craziest business decisions I've seen. Sports is a major driver of sales and ad revenue. Why would you go out of your way to antagonize close to half your potential customer base?

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Thanks Nashville*

What a pathetic rag that paper is. They still have not realized that MSU fans would make up a large portion of their reader base, if they would cover us fairly.

I saw a headline a few days ago on the front page of their website that had a word missing. Not a word from one of the articles, but from the cover story headline written in large bold text. It stayed up all day without being corrected. It's just a shitty organization.

Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    That's one of the craziest business decisions I've seen. Sports is a major driver of sales and ad revenue. Why would you go out of your way to antagonize close to half your potential customer base?
    If I were an investor with them, I'd be pissed. They are basically choosing to burn a decent portion of money for their investors. If you are going to be incompetent, why not incompetently be a cheerleader for your local teams? Just baffling that no grown up has stepped in and decided not to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by msubrave View Post
    Lol at anybody that still gets their jimmies rustled over the cl. They're irrelevant. Just let them die in peace.
    Yes this is right. Their subscribers have dropped by droves over the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    It's the typical Ole Miss mentality. I really think they believe that Ole Miss people still run the state of Mississippi, so they think that's the only people they need to keep happy

It's sad to think about the biggest newspaper in the state going belly up, but I mean, it's typical Mississippi, we eat each other over idiotic crap

We talk about all the bad things going on with social media, but this sort of highlights some of the good

You can essentially promote yourself without the mainstream media, I mean look what Trump does, he totally circumvents them, and has turned the national media into the national enquirer, I mean look at the moronic stuff CNN and Foxnews creates simply to get desperation hits

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfJackie View Post
    What a pathetic rag that paper is. They still have not realized that MSU fans would make up a large portion of their reader base, if they would cover us fairly.
    The funny thing about the point I bolded is that if they went in the opposite direction and favored us over Ole Miss, they would actually be doing better right now because their readership is in Mississippi, and which school's attendees are more likely to be from and remain in state? Us.

Anything that ends after 9 PM will not make the next days C-L.

Sounds like they're a dying swan, much like many other newspapers across the country have done (seems to be in mid-sized cities ... Huntsvillle, Birmingham, Mobile, etc.). Smaller towns like Decatur, AL and Tupelo are still hanging in with dailies. Big cities still have the major papers but subscriptions are way down.

Maybe the CL can't afford to be on the ball like they really should be.

I've beat this drum so long I gave up. Like the other guy said - it's as if they still think its any time before the 80-90s and that umiss somehow runs the show.

Umiss gets plenty of home coverage from the Commercial Appeal - the Clarion Ledger would have done well to support the more favorable university in it's state.

Quote Originally Posted by maroonmadman View Post
    Anything that ends after 9 PM will not make the next days C-L.
    So they don't have state and om football articles Sunday morning on 6pm starts?

Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    We talk about all the bad things going on with social media, but this sort of highlights some of the good

You can essentially promote yourself without the mainstream media, I mean look what Trump does, he totally circumvents them, and has turned the national media into the national enquirer, I mean look at the moronic stuff CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, and NPR creates simply to get desperation hits
    FIFY

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Amazingly I have a co worker, OM fan, that is convinced that paper slants to State and he refuses to read it because of how anti OM they are.... No, Iím not joking....

Biased people looking for bias will find it

Quote Originally Posted by jack daniels dog View Post
    Amazingly I have a co worker, OM fan, that is convinced that paper slants to State and he refuses to read it because of how anti OM they are.... No, Iím not joking....
    Jim Hightower once said the only things in the middle of the road are yellow streaks and dead armadillos, but it's also the only place in the road you can stand and not get hit by traffic coming from either direction.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So they don't have state and om football articles Sunday morning on 6pm starts?
    Only if they strain. Football is the one sport people will buy their rag for. Baseball, not so much.

My liberal bias makes me think that FoxNews is conservative while my conservative bias makes me think MSNBC is liberal - GOT IT

Meanwhile the Clarion Ledger is both biased & 17ing incompetent