OT:Samsung UHD TV

I had a model 6300 and suddenly the wireless card failed, so I had it wired. I was receiving ESPN and MLBTV, but Best Buy would not repair set. Instead, they replaced it with Model 7100. Now, it seems ESPN and MLBTV are not longer "compatible" apps for the 7100 despite the 7100 is supposed to be an upgrade from the 6300.

Now, if the bring back my 6300 and I wire it (like it used to be), I bet I can no longer get those two apps on that 6300.

What a mess!!

Has anyone else suffered from this, and aside from Apple TV, what would you suggest?

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by 512taylor View Post
    I had a model 6300 and suddenly the wireless card failed, so I had it wired. I was receiving ESPN and MLBTV, but Best Buy would not repair set. Instead, they replaced it with Model 7100. Now, it seems ESPN and MLBTV are not longer "compatible" apps for the 7100 despite the 7100 is supposed to be an upgrade from the 6300.

Now, if the bring back my 6300 and I wire it (like it used to be), I bet I can no longer get those two apps on that 6300.

What a mess!!

Has anyone else suffered from this, and aside from Apple TV, what would you suggest?
    Sorry. It seems I have already been down this path and I am so ticked off at either Best Buy, or Samsung (Maybe both).

This is not as frustrating as you are making it, it will just cost you a little to get an additional device. Do a little research on Chromecast, Roku and Amazon Fire TV to see what fits you best. I have used all 3, and I have no real complaints about any of them. I think Roku is the most user friendly, but Amazon has the market power to get the latest and greatest apps more quickly. Amazon and Google do not play well together, so Amazon does not get all the Google apps, and Chromecast isn't always friendly with Amazon stuff.

I can't make a choice for you, but sounds like Chromecast might make you happy. It is only $35, and it plugs into and HDMI port and a USB port right on your TV. You have to control Chomecast with a phone or other device that is connected to the same wireless network as your Chromecast, but its very easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgzilla View Post
    This is not as frustrating as you are making it, it will just cost you a little to get an additional device. Do a little research on Chromecast, Roku and Amazon Fire TV to see what fits you best. I have used all 3, and I have no real complaints about any of them. I think Roku is the most user friendly, but Amazon has the market power to get the latest and greatest apps more quickly. Amazon and Google do not play well together, so Amazon does not get all the Google apps, and Chromecast isn't always friendly with Amazon stuff.

I can't make a choice for you, but sounds like Chromecast might make you happy. It is only $35, and it plugs into and HDMI port and a USB port right on your TV. You have to control Chomecast with a phone or other device that is connected to the same wireless network as your Chromecast, but its very easy to use.
    Thanks.

AppleTV. Sorry, but anyone relying on the "Smart" part of a SmartTV is silly. AppleTV is cheap, has no monthly fee, and it gets real software updates. Samsung doesn't give a crap about upgrading the SmartTV features and they are constantly breaking stuff and cancelling stuff. If you hate Apple get a Roku but seriously, don't stay with the SmartrTV features. If for no other reason than they are so super, insanely slow...

I have AppleTV and I love it! Using the ESPN app to watch a grid of 4 games at once during the regionals was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by AssEndDawg View Post
    AppleTV. Sorry, but anyone relying on the "Smart" part of a SmartTV is silly. AppleTV is cheap, has no monthly fee, and it gets real software updates. Samsung doesn't give a crap about upgrading the SmartTV features and they are constantly breaking stuff and cancelling stuff. If you hate Apple get a Roku but seriously, don't stay with the SmartrTV features. If for no other reason than they are so super, insanely slow...
    I seem to have a few issues with Apple on one of my TV's. It will reboot every so often. Is that common?

I have 8 AppleTVs (two at a beach condo, 5 on TVs in the house, 1 hooked to the TV in the car all of varying ages and model number)... what can I say, I'm a fan. One of those is a lemon, I have to reboot it or it reboots on it's own every now and then. The others I have had ZERO problems with. If you can take it back I would. If it's not the newest one and you have a 4K TV I can definitely say the 4K AppleTV is worth getting. It's pretty freaking amazing. So to answer the question, no, that shouldn't be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by 512taylor View Post
    I seem to have a few issues with Apple on one of my TV's. It will reboot every so often. Is that common?
    Yes, I have the latest version and have to reset it occasionally. I did some online research and it's not uncommon to have to reboot them.

I have never had an issue with the firestick, but still prefer the AppleTV due to the 4 grid feature. I hate the "minimalist" remotes that come with AppleTV and firestick, but you can sync your TV remote to either.

Ill never buy another Samsung TV. Bought 58 plasma several years back and it lasted just at the warranty period before getting the purple ghosting. Cost around 3k at the time. Figured I would have to pay for quality. All I got was an expensive POS.

I had a similar experience with Samsung. After two years, it developed bright white spots on each side. Apparently it uses side-lit LEDs. The only solution is to replace the "screen", which costs as much as a new television. It was an issue known to Samsung but not covered under any type of extended warranty.

I now have an LG OLED and it has the best picture I've ever seen. Not cheap, but I think probably the best made.