My thoughts on the coaching situation

I said over a month ago that I would be fine if the IB hired Henderson but I didn't think that Henderson would get the job. I still feel the same way. I think the IB has his guy. He is not telling anyone because he doesn't want it to be an even bigger distraction to the players. I feel like if he was going to make Henderson to HC he would have already done it. BTW I don't know anything. This is my guess based on what I think.

I trust the IB to make this hire and I will support whoever it is.

6 out of 6 sixpackers like this post
    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

I had disregarded the thread about the Corbin comments after the game and didnít think much about it. But now that I have gone back and re watched he and Hendersonís post game interviews after game 3, I really did get a feeling this could be something. Call it a gut feeling, but I think the IB may have Corbin on board! And if we keep Gautreau, which he and Corbin know each other well, then we are freaking set. Personally that would be my dream scenario (i know you really care about my opinion) but if itís Henderson, Iíd be all on board too. I just hope we can recruit on a high level.

What are the odds Corbin keeps Henderson as pitching coach and Gautreau as hitting coach? I know he has his pitching coach at Vandy that he likes alot, but it's a thought. I would make GH an associate AD in charge of getting snow cones and pay him a nice salary for a few years.

I really thought I'd heard that Henderson said when he was named interim that he didn't want the job permanently. If that's true, and the head coach really will be Corbin, and Gautreau stays, it would be proper if Henderson stayed on in his previous capacity.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow34 View Post
    I just hope we can recruit on a high level.
    This is what it’s all about. The rest will take care of itself if we can sign elite talent and get it to campus.
    ...Ole Miss fans do not believe in Jesus.
    Dawgstudent, 12-12-13

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @guyfromgulfport
    Need a car decal, ďI Trust IBĒ

Corbinís pitching coach is one of the primary reasons youíd want him.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Dawg View Post
    Corbinís pitching coach is one of the primary reasons youíd want him.
    Who is Vandy's pitching coach?

It is simple for me

I trust Cohen.

Vandy has one of the best baseball situations in the sport...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow34 View Post
    I had disregarded the thread about the Corbin comments after the game and didnít think much about it. But now that I have gone back and re watched he and Hendersonís post game interviews after game 3, I really did get a feeling this could be something. Call it a gut feeling, but I think the IB may have Corbin on board! And if we keep Gautreau, which he and Corbin know each other well, then we are freaking set. Personally that would be my dream scenario (i know you really care about my opinion) but if itís Henderson, Iíd be all on board too. I just hope we can recruit on a high level.
    Lottery scholarships, huge endowment that pays what each student canít pay and a decent crop of talent in TN.

I donít see why Corbin would leave that. Furthermore, Iím not at all sure that heís the guaranteed success story that people think he would be here. Heís got an awful lot of advantages that heíd not be able to come close to matching here.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Im with ya. I'm not on board with corbin. Not here. Idk what it is exactly but he just doesnt seem like an msu type guy.

Quote Originally Posted by wsjmsu75 View Post
    Who is Vandy's pitching coach?
    Scott Brown.

Derek Johnson before him was the real mastermind behind their pitching success before him though. Johnson is in MLB now.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedawg View Post
    This is what itís all about. The rest will take care of itself if we can sign elite talent and get it to campus.

This guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by eckie1 View Post
    Lottery scholarships, huge endowment that pays what each student canít pay and a decent crop of talent in TN.

I donít see why Corbin would leave that. Furthermore, Iím not at all sure that heís the guaranteed success story that people think he would be here. Heís got an awful lot of advantages that heíd not be able to come close to matching here.

I'm not saying that Corbin would leave Vanderbilt- I don't think he will- but let me say this.

What if you won a National Championship as a coach and no one at the school cared except for an attention whore that whistles after every pitch?

If he came here we would be able to offset the tuition deficit as it is related to MSU. We are already doing so as it is. It's just that we don't have a formal name for it like LSU and Vanderbilt does. That's why we are able to compete with everyone else. Anyway- as a coach you get that tuition gap made up for your players, you get the same pay and probably more from MSU, and then you get fans that care, facilities and just about anything that you want as a coach without too much hassle. That's why a coach like a Corbin would come here. And again I do not think we will get him at all.

Tennessee is OK as far as baseball talent. Most of their players come from around the country though. They only had 11 players from Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by Hankp22 View Post
    I trust Cohen.
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by gymdawg View Post
    Im with ya. I'm not on board with corbin. Not here. Idk what it is exactly but he just doesnt seem like an msu type guy.
    Some of you guys act like Vandy was some power before he showed up. They sucked until him. Heíd win big here. Heíd be able to recruit the same players he does at vandy.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post