Your favorite moment of the season so far...

Because another coaching search thread will destroy us all.

Mine was the double that Mangum hit in the 9th of the last game against Vandy. I was so pumped after that hit. Everybody knew he was going to smash it and he did. Just too bad we gave up 2 HRs afterwards. Should have won the game.

Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

Waking up in the middle of the night on Monday. I fell asleep in the 8th inning of the game (forgive me I have a one year old daughter that runs me ragged) only to wake up moments after we blew the save in the bottom of the inning. I saw I had 500+ messages in my group message so I knew something big had happened. I scrolled backwards through twitter and saw how everything unfolded. I decided that the Indian gods were in the process of extracting every ounce of hope from our fans before the final execution and I decided to go back to sleep. Woke up at 3 am to a pissed of baby and even more texts and an internet that was still buzzing from the late game heroics. I put on the freshly recorded final innings as I rocked my daughter back to sleep. A moment that I will not soon forget.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Sleeper Moment

There have been a number of awesome moments. And some of the moments of the past two weeks are some of the best in MSU history. So I am going to go with something different:

The 7th and 8th inning of game 1 of the Florida series.

We were down 3-0 and couldn't get a guy on base. A rain started pouring in the 7th. Mac hit a 2 run bomb to give DNF life. Mangum had the go ahead double in the 8th. And Tanner Allen followed it with a bomb to win 6-3. People left when it started raining. And we had an uphill climb to win that game. They also had Byrne on the hill for much of it and he has been one of the best in the SEC for a while now. Looking back on it, rain has been a sign of good things to come for us this year.

That win was much needed on the heels of dropping a series at UK. Had we not comeback there, we may be having different conversations right now.
    Last edited by Hankp22; 06-14-2018 at 05:02 PM.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by WutheringDawg View Post
    Waking up in the middle of the night on Monday. I fell asleep in the 8th inning of the game (forgive me I have a one year old daughter that runs me ragged) only to wake up moments after we blew the save in the bottom of the inning. I saw I had 500+ messages in my group message so I knew something big had happened. I scrolled backwards through twitter and saw how everything unfolded. I decided that the Indian gods were in the process of extracting every ounce of hope from our fans before the final execution and I decided to go back to sleep. Woke up at 3 am to a pissed of baby and even more texts and an internet that was still buzzing from the late game heroics. I put on the freshly recorded final innings as I rocked my daughter back to sleep. A moment that I will not soon forget.
    You saved a couple years of your life missing the top of the 9th in that game.

Agreed. The human body is not meant for the emotional ride of the 9th inning.

My favorite was just seeing the team celebrating after the win Sunday night/Monday Morning. after everything they have been through seeing them celebrate was special. I also thought about how much it would suck if Mangum never got to Omaha with how much he loves this school and how hard he plays.

I’m gonna go with the Luke Alexander walk off of Ole Miss the first time. That kid tugs at my heart strings because his batting average isn’t that great, but you can tell how much he loves MS State. I was glad to see him get that HR and have a memorable moment for his baseball career.

I particularly enjoyed Cole Gordon serving up a feast of crow (x2 against Vanderbilt) for the negative nellies who portrayed him as an albatross.

Its tough, but the walk off at the Governors cup was really the moment where I started thinking we had a chance to make a run. We had just swept Ark, but I felt like losing that game would have set us back too much. I was jumping all around and yelling. My dog didn't like it.

As for all the post season magic, I've been tied up in knots the whole time. I haven't been able to fully enjoy it yet.

Regular season, it would have to be Luke's walkoff(s) against UM. But Mac's HR against FSU is my overall favorite. I knew right then we had a shot at the regional. It was so unexpected to me, and just seemed like a big deal.

Honorable mention for Rowdey Jordan when he slid into first base to beat out a hit. I think I was as fired up by his hustle on that play as I was any of the others in the final game.

Tigr2ndbase taking his dad to Omaha and getting mad props for it from College baseball fans around the country. His twitter video post has nearly 250k views already. Outstanding.

Edit: nearly 750k views now. Damn
    Last edited by DerHntr; 06-14-2018 at 09:32 PM.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

He is doing an awesome thing to say the least. I’m keeping up with him for the ride. Dude is crushing Twitter for only 13 posts too.

I think it is too hard to capture the best moment. The late season fireworks deserve a lot of recognition. I can rewatch the FSU walk off over and over. But one could say opening night at the new dude was right up there as well. That night was about as exciting as it gets for MSU baseball. A very unique experience to say the least.

Hard time picking just 1, but watching France mow down Arkansas, in Game 1 of the series, was awesome. SO 9 out of 12 and a comeback.

Finishing off Vandy in game 3 last weekend was right up there at top, along with Luke’s 2nd walkoff against OM.

When I saw Elijah’s Indian tattoo.

Of course, Alexander and MacNamee's walkoff bombs were unforgettable.

But let me give a shoutout to Denver McQuary. In the bottom of the 10th of Game 3, after Vandy had tied the game in the 9th and chased Neff in the 10th with the winning run on, and the Indians seemed ready to deliver to us a season ending, soul-crushing defeat, in strolled McQuary. He proceeded to strike out the Vandy 3B on 3 straight pitches.

His emotion coming off the mound was Brett Cleveland-esque. THAT moment was fantastic.
    Last edited by Lawdawg; 06-14-2018 at 10:03 PM.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Watching the Ole Miss dad at the Gov's cup get set straight by his wife after trash talking that State kid. If we win the CWS I'm dedicating it to him.

The Vandy runner getting called out running to 3rd because of interference.
    These are the crazy calls that always seem to go against us. Was nice to be on the good side for once

That play did not make any of the game recap reels

Quote Originally Posted by UpTheMiddlex3Punt View Post
    That play did not make any of the game recap reels
    That's how many huge moments were in that game. One of the best college baseball games ever IMO.

Somebody with a better memory than me needs to make a list of big plays - we’ve had so many.

Maybe my personal favorite was the catch by Mac in the super. Caught that on a dead sprint and reaching out as far as he could. Big play at a time when it seemed like the game was about to slip away.

Quote Originally Posted by Len2003 View Post
    I’m gonna go with the Luke Alexander walk off of Ole Miss the first time. That kid tugs at my heart strings because his batting average isn’t that great, but you can tell how much he loves MS State. I was glad to see him get that HR and have a memorable moment for his baseball career.
    Not to mention he has 17’ing keyboard cowboys like Coach34 giving him dumb ass nicknames to make himself feel good about his INTERNET persona. Yes, I just had to type these words about a douche who couldn’t hold Alexander’s jockstrap

in the super regionals i really enjoyed when mcnamee hit his 3 run job to put us up 7-2 and the pitcher never turned around, just asked for a new ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Junction John View Post
    Regular season, it would have to be Luke's walkoff(s) against UM. But Mac's HR against FSU is my overall favorite. I knew right then we had a shot at the regional. It was so unexpected to me, and just seemed like a big deal.

Honorable mention for Rowdey Jordan when he slid into first base to beat out a hit. I think I was as fired up by his hustle on that play as I was any of the others in the final game.
    All of these. Jake said on Finebaum yesterday that Alexander's walk-off in game 3 vs Mississippi was the turning point of the season. When Macnamee hit the HR vs FSU, I knew were probably going to win the regional even though we still had to beat Okie twice. And how can you not like Rowdey Jordan?

All of these kids are mentally tough to take the hits they take on social media. Alexander probably won’t get drafted unless his batting average dramatically changes next year, so, if college baseball is the end of the road for him, I’m glad he got that walk off to remember for the rest of his life.

I would love to have footage of the dugout during all these memorable moments. That’s just fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by jack daniels dog View Post
    Not to mention he has 17’ing keyboard cowboys like Coach34 giving him dumb ass nicknames to make himself feel good about his INTERNET persona. Yes, I just had to type these words about a douche who couldn’t hold Alexander’s jockstrap
    17 coach34 for that....but Rosebowl did give him one I like after the guv cup walk off “Saint Luke”!
    Last edited by Mayor of Little London; 06-16-2018 at 07:53 AM.

Not the best moment of our year by far but deserving at least an honorable mention: The 2 losses in a row by Mississippi to Tenn-Tech. And the way they lost the second one in like what the 5th or 6th inning by a collective butthole tightening and waiving the white flag by the entire coaching staff/ best team ever assembled in the history of their program/ and even the fans at the game was certainly entertaining to watch.
    Side note: TN-Tech original name was Dixie College and their band still plays songs with Dixie in the title. So basically the rebs were beat out by their even less attractive kissing cousin.

Hearing IB describe who our next coach will be. I can’t wait for the announcement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayor of Little London View Post
    17 coach34 for that....but Rosebowl did give him one I like after the guv cup walk off “Saint Luke”!
    See Saint Luke does it again. One more favorite moment!