Any Starkville Folks Around

That could get us some good pics of the new stuff in town? Really interested to see the progress on the Midtown Development and what all is going in there.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

Good idea. Itís amazing how much it has grown since I left school just a few short years ago. Business is boomin.

No pics, but I was Jeep cruising through campus the other day and the New Dude has come a long way since the end of the season...and the frame up of the lofts has been erected. Itís going to be head and shoulders above any other college baseball stadium when completed.
    SixPack's Amateur - Professional Golf Analyst

Itís come a long way. When I was in college, people freaked out when the Ruby Tuesdayís opened.

I know the new Italian restaurant is opening soon. Gondolier I think is the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Len2003 View Post
    Itís come a long way. When I was in college, people freaked out when the Ruby Tuesdayís opened.
    I think the FMB played at the opening of McDonalds back in the early 70s

Quote Originally Posted by fredgarvin View Post
    I think the FMB played at the opening of McDonalds back in the early 70s
    I remember a cop in the middle of 12 directing traffic the day Taco Bell opened. LOL

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Now I believe there is no ruby tuesdays

Quote Originally Posted by dawgnabit View Post
    Now I believe there is no ruby tuesdays
    It was on Hwy 12. Iím trying to remember what it was near.

Wasn't it in front of Food Max or whatever that is now? Seems like it was somewhere along in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner View Post
    I remember a cop in the middle of 12 directing traffic the day Taco Bell opened. LOL
    My god. Thatís the most redneck thing Iíve ever read.

Itís still there, great salad bar right in front

Of Holiday Inn Express.
    I don't always drink but when I do I become a message board genius**

Vowell's Food Market is the current rendition and that is where it is.

Iíll post a picture thread in the coming weeks. Iím on the road until next weekend, which is a bit of a blocker.

It was on Hwy 12. I’m trying to remember what it was near.
    Between Cook Out and Wendy's, in front of the Holiday Inn.

Quote Originally Posted by Msubulldogfan1 View Post
    My god. That’s the most redneck thing I’ve ever read.
    Same thing happened for a few months after Cook Out opened, so that sort of thing has recency.

Progress...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dh6fNl0UYAIpk-l.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	10715

6 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

There are lots of things going on in Starkville.

Midtown looks really good. I am not sure about what businesses are going into that building other than a 2nd Strange Brew location. I have met the developer before and he told me that there will be 3 new restaurants in the complex- 2 fast casual type places, and one nicer sit down type of place. He wouldn't disclose the exact names.

There are 3 pretty new large developments near the Cotton District as well. I don't know the exact names but one is across the street from Bulldog Burger where the old gas station used to be, one is directly next to City Bagel, and the last is a stand alone location for 2 Brothers (much bigger than the current location) across the street from Bin 612.

Lastly, there are plans for a pretty large development right in the middle of hwy 12 called the OKTI. It will be located west of Vowell's market place where Pecan Acres community currently resides. A new neighborhood is planned to be built for the current residents of Pecan Acres that is close to Reed Rd. on the Northwest side of town. https://www.theokti.com/

There are a lot of things happening in Starkville right now, pretty exciting times.

I remember.

I also remember absolutely dominating the Barnhills........I would fill a bowl with cheddar cheese and dip the buttery sweet rolls up in there.

I'm curious to see how that new development on Highway 12 shakes out. But that name - The Okti - is beyond terrible.

Chicken Salad Chick going in the old Pro Graphics location soon (Danvers for you older 17's like me, Slim Chickens going in old Abners on Montgomery, there's a new Thai restaurant in the old Aunt Marti's next to George Sherman.
    The Wal Mart Market will be new for football, been open since January with gas, pharmacy, deli. The meat dept is marginal but everything else is really good in my opinion, it's next door to LaQuinta so convenient for those staying there or Hilton Garden. The new Mug Shots location opened last week next to The Mill. Avoid Highway 12 with all that is sacred. It's been bad the last few years on game weekends but now it sucks year round so gamedays are going to be ridiculous. I'll post more as I think of it

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyrbrown View Post
    Progress...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dh6fNl0UYAIpk-l.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	10715
    This is hysterical. Try the meow goo gai pan at the new restaurant

Iíll be shocked if this is built at that location. The politic of moving Pecan Acres is going to be quite the hurdle.

Quote Originally Posted by FQDawg View Post
    I'm curious to see how that new development on Highway 12 shakes out. But that name - The Okti - is beyond terrible.
    Instead of a Courtyard they can have an Okti-gon. Moor Okti-gon!

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Just wait til they open another Wal Mart ....

SixPack's Official Mortgage Lender
    Iím assuming that since Mugshots opened in the new location the old one downtown closed. Anyone know what is gonna happen with that location? Love to see a good local downtown restaurant/bar open in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugdawg View Post
    Iím assuming that since Mugshots opened in the new location the old one downtown closed. Anyone know what is gonna happen with that location? Love to see a good local downtown restaurant/bar open in there.

I know that Mugshots has wanted out of that location for a while. Itís a 100 year old building and they were spending a fortune in maintenance costs. I remember reading at one point that a law office was interested in purchasing it, but havenít heard anything in a while.

Rent is $6,500 a month for the whole building.

Sign in the window says turnkey restaurant space 4,200ft for $6500/mo so they are trying to recruit a restaurant