OT- Duck Hunters

Iím in need of a new pair of hunting waders. Iíve had many different types of the years so Iím open to many. Iím leaning towards the lacrosse wetlands or trying gator waders out. Was wondering what yíall s thoughts were?

Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

Banded is pretty hot right now but go breathable

Nm
    I don't always drink but when I do I become a message board genius**

Iím thinking about going breathable with the Bandeds this year. However, my Mackís branded Waders lasted me 5 seasons so I may just get another pair of those.

I like my cabelas supermag. They have a pretty solid warranty as well.

I like the hell outta the ones I got from drake. Warm, durable, and fit well.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Key word: breathable. I got some last year and vowed that I will never

attempt to squeeze my fat ass into (and out of) neoprene again. I think mine are Lacrosse, got them from Hook & Bullet, and they're great.

Also I'm sure you know this but a reminder to get insulated. When you're shopping in summer, uninsulated might seem like a good idea as they are cheaper and you "can always wear as much underneath as you need to keep warm." Wrong answer. Cold water bites right through that stuff and it can will make your hunt miserable if you're standing in water.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/prod...20a8159912efc4

I broke down and got these last year. Worth the money.

ETA: It says sold out now.

I have the Banded insulated waders. Didnít hunt any timber this year and they still managed to spring a leak. They come with a one year warranty so Iíll be sending them back. WIth that said, they are unbelievably comfortable and plenty warm.

Duck season has been cancelled on all public lands in the state of Mississippi for the 2018-2019 season. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Get the new Sitka waders if you are rich. 😉

If not the drake waders are the best for the money. Guys in my club that have the banded waders have all had issues

But I bet Sitka gives you a sticker...

I am actually waiting to hear more about the Sitka ones. I know they are expensive but Iíve heard they will have a warranty plan where they will fix any issue you ever have. If that is the case then I may do it just for the long term value on it.

Iíve heard awful things about banded so thanks to those that confirmed that

Hijack: what do you guys shoot? Iíve been a couple of time and want to get more into it, but I used an old 1100 that was handed down, which I donít want to beat up. I have a Franci O/U, but I donít want to beat it up either. Really like O/Uís, but I like more shells. Iíve shot practically every auto, but havenít put them through the ringer in water, mud etc. My two favorite autos were the Extrema and Versa Max. Did not like how any Benelli shot, but Iím sure I could grow comfortable with them

My neoprenes sprung a leak last year and I went with the Banded. Man, I loved them. They were awesome, easy on/off and very warm! No leak issues although I probably hunt less than some of these posters. I am keeping mine in a climate controlled area as well. That's a huge help for long term reliability. Seams don't dry rot.

Since everyone talks smack when I attempt to be informative, I’m definitely not going to tell you that it’s easy to get Sitka stuff half price if you can associate yourself with an LLC that sounds even a little bit ourdoorsish. My online business has Powersports in the name and with 15 minutes and some creative company describing, my application was approved within 24 hours. $425 or $475 is still plenty expensive to wait for first reports though IMO.

If you call them or send anything in, it all is handled in Memphis. Ups ground there and back is a quick turn around.

Banded red zone breathable all the way. If you want to step up from there get the banded black label. We sell the gator waders as well in our store but I wouldnít own a pair to hunt in. They got their start in the ďdesignerĒ mud riding waders, then move over to the hunting industry.

Got the Frogg Toggs Hellbender II breathable waders, theyíve been great so far

Drake are Mississippi guys that advertise at DWS and are Bulldog Club donors. Good people.

I second the breatheable waders.

I just canít get into Sitka for some reason. Even though every frat boy in the state pimps Drakeís stuff, I like there products a lot. The fact they are a Mississippi company and Bulldogs is a plus. Buy Drake.

P.S. Sportscenter in Stark had like a 50% off sale on Drake waders towards the end of season last year. Hope they do it again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Hijack: what do you guys shoot? Iíve been a couple of time and want to get more into it, but I used an old 1100 that was handed down, which I donít want to beat up. I have a Franci O/U, but I donít want to beat it up either. Really like O/Uís, but I like more shells. Iíve shot practically every auto, but havenít put them through the ringer in water, mud etc. My two favorite autos were the Extrema and Versa Max. Did not like how any Benelli shot, but Iím sure I could grow comfortable with them
    Iím a Franchi guy. Have an O/U but I shoot a 3.5Ē Intensity at ducks. Going into my 4th season with it and have yet to have a single hiccup. Light, too. Very near Benelli quality (most parts manufactured in same factory) at a better price.

Benelli SBE II

Federal black cloud

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    Love me some Black Cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    I have a Benelli SBE2, a 3" Vinci, and a Ruger all weather Red label. The 3" Vinci probably gets shot 10-1 over the other two combined. I love the Ruger but with hot loads it will kick the taste out of your mouth and I always anticipate shooting a lot even though I rarely do.

Frogg Toggs breathable waders with a Benelli SBE II Waterfowl Edition.
    I am extremely satisfied with both.
    The area I hunt rarely gets below freezing, so I don't need insulated waders.

The Intensity is a great gun for the money.
    90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.

I have worn out several pair of the cabelas dry plus waders over the past 15 plus years and will gladly buy another when my current pair go. Once I figured out how to layer under my waders I can wear them from early teal season to the last day of duck season.
    https://www.cabelas.com/product/CABE....uts?slotId=11

Also I had been shooting a Beretta Xtrema 1 for the longest time and that gun was a tank. Last year I found an A400 Xtreme Unico in a funky camo pattern at Mack's and bit the bullet because they were priced below dealer cost. I'm not sure I will ever love and abuse this gun the way I did my Xtrema 1.

I second black cloud my father and I went from shooting 2.5-3 flats of 3.5" in a season down to 1.5 flats of mixed 3" & 3.5" when we switched from kent (back before their quality control went down the tube).

If you get there early before everything gets picked over, you can usually get a great deal on anything hunting at the Wildlife expo in Jackson the 1st weekend in August. I usually walkout with at least a pair of hunting boots every year just because they are so cheap. I put a lot o miles on them walking behind my squirrel dog...at least thats how I justify it