Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm impressed, guys. For a preseason anthem protest thread we are displaying week 4 regular season form.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Benedict Arnold | Scott Stricklin Yes | No

Actually its 25% black men of the over all likelihood to die at the hands of police since 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by QuaoarsKing View Post
    ... Are you serious? Even right-wing sources covered this. https://www.foxbusiness.com/features...-social-causes

If that's not good enough for you, all you have to do is Google:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=kaepernick+donations

I'm pretty mystified why you'd think I would make something up like this. If it weren't true, it would be very easy to disprove.
    I usually give money too when I dont care enough about the cause to commit to changing it and only want to placate

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

My biggest worry

Dak has put a target on his chest. The pro-kneeling crowd in the NFL are a pretty vindictive bunch, and I can see them taking cheap shots at Dak...especially the Filthydelphia Fagles, who blew off the Legitimately Elected President of Our United States Donald J. Trump.

When Derek Carr of the Oakland Faiders criticized the kneelers, his offensive line "let" the defensive players get a free shot on him, crippling him for 3/4th's of the season.

1 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by ronpolk View Post
    They could, certainly. But if it got taken to court, can you say for certain who would win? The private employers right to at will employment or the employers first amendment right? I bet several years ago no one thought forcing someone to say the pledge would be ruled unconstitutional.

My point is, there is a reason why a NFL player has not been fired for doing this yet. There is enough gray area that I dont think anyone wants to go there.

It it was ruled unconstitutional for public schools in 1943. West Virginia State Board of Education vs. Barnett.

"One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."

Whats funny to me is that all these ghetto millionaires now have homes in gated communities with security guards to protect them from the very same elements that they expect the police to coddle and give the benefit of the doubt to knowing that history says theyre likely to be in danger.

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Serious question: The employer can tell them they can't make a political protest or statement (kneel) at work while at the same time the employer can compel them to make an employer-supported political statement (stand) at work?

Just wondering if, anthem aside, any of the, im assuming all white, dudes in this thread have ever bothered to ask a black man or woman what its like being black in this country? I sure know Im guilty of forming opinions based soley off of my world view and experience, without actually considering the other sides perspective. Its hard not to. Most of you guys live in the south, elbow to elbow with many black people. Id ask someone that youre friends with their opinion and get their perspective, before forming your own. The whole country could stand to do a lot more of that these days.

8 out of 12 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Bcash2 View Post
    Just wondering if, anthem aside, any of the, im assuming all white, dudes in this thread have ever bothered to ask a black man or woman what its like being black in this country? I sure know I’m guilty of forming opinions based soley off of my world view and experience, without actually considering the other sides perspective. Its hard not to. Most of you guys live in the south, elbow to elbow with many black people. Id ask someone that youre friends with their opinion and get their perspective, before forming your own. The whole country could stand to do a lot more of that these days.
    Yeah, ask Dr. Ben Carson, Obama, Oprah, or any of these millionaire drama queen athletes what it's like. Looks like they are living much better lives than the average white person is. Given all the minorities in positions of power TODAY (doctors, lawyers, police officers, military officers, athletes, rappers, politicians), one has to wonder if their "oppression" is self-inflicted and not systemic. I'm sure there are many white people, too, who will sit down and give you an earful on how they feel the government isn't doing enough to help them. See, that's what most people don't get: this is a two-way street. But to act like your race is THE REASON you aren't successful in the United States RIGHT NOW is just damn crazy, and it should be insulting for both sides to use that excuse. As a white male, it's incredibly insulting to basically be reminded daily that you were practically born with wads of cash in your hand and that YOU are the reason some blacks can't get ahead in life, despite the millions of minorities living comfortable lives as we speak.

Only in America will you find some millionaire who has everything climb his or her ivory tower so they can bellyache about how America is so "oppressive".

(Once again, yes, I know, I know...that makes me a racist Nazi white supremacist fascist.)
    Last edited by BossDawg78; 08-12-2018 at 10:44 PM.

5 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

"Legitimately elected President of Our United States Donald J. Trump"

4 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

Ill take that as a no.

Quote Originally Posted by BossDawg78 View Post
    Yeah, ask Dr. Ben Carson, Obama, Oprah, or any of these millionaire drama queen athletes what it's like. Looks like they are living much better lives than the average white person is. Given all the minorities in positions of power TODAY (doctors, lawyers, police officers, military officers, athletes, rappers, politicians), one has to wonder if their "oppression" is self-inflicted and not systemic. I'm sure there are many white people, too, who will sit down and give you an earful on how they feel the government isn't doing enough to help them. See, that's what most people don't get: this is a two-way street. But to act like your race is THE REASON you aren't successful in the US RIGHT NOW is just damn crazy, and it should be insulting for both sides to use that excuse. As a white male, it's incredibly insulting to basically be reminded daily that you were practically born with wads of cash in your hand and that YOU are the reason some blacks can't get ahead in life, despite the millions of minorities living comfortable lives as we speak.

(Once again, yes, I know, I know...that makes me a racist Nazi white supremacist fascist.)
    nm

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

You'll take it as a "no" simply because I didn't fall in line with where you were wanting to go with that.

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Just wondering if, anthem aside, any of the, im assuming all white, dudes in this thread have ever bothered to ask a black man or woman what its like being black in this country? I sure know Im guilty of forming opinions based soley off of my world view and experience, without actually considering the other sides perspective. Its hard not to. Most of you guys live in the south, elbow to elbow with many black people. Id ask someone that youre friends with their opinion and get their perspective, before forming your own. The whole country could stand to do a lot more of that these days.
    I have done exactly this, and found black friends to be mostly full of shit, just like white friends amazingly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG61 View Post
    "Legitimately elected President of Our United States Donald J. Trump"

Yep, he won the electoral college. Done deal. Popular vote means nothing, thanks to our brilliant FF's.

Quote Originally Posted by BossDawg78 View Post
    You'll take it as a "no" simply because I didn't fall in line with where you were wanting to go with that.
    I took that as a no because rather than answering a honest question, one in which i admitted my own faults, in an adult manner, you opted to type out some incoherent rant like a total dipshit. You could have just said no, Ive not done that

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

I took that as a “no” because rather than answering a honest question, one in which i admitted my own faults, in an adult manner, you opted to type out some incoherent rant like a total dipshit. You could have just said “no, I’ve not done that”
    What was incoherent about my "rant"? A simple answer like "no, I've not done that" has never pacified someone who was obviously trying to establish a narrative right off the bat. Where you were wanting to go with your post was painfully obvious.
    Last edited by BossDawg78; 08-12-2018 at 11:00 PM.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by tatedog View Post
    I have done exactly this, and found black friends to be mostly full of shit, just like white friends amazingly enough.
    Nm

I hope it was obvious where I was going with it, because I stated it pretty clearly in the post. Here it is again:

Id ask someone that youre friends with their opinion and get their perspective, before forming your own. The whole country could stand to do a lot more of that these days.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post