Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Holiday Inn Express of Starkville Preseason Prognosticators - Week 12 - MSU

Quote Originally Posted by GINASFS
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbaja
    but how do you figure 7 max? All 4 nonconference, plus OM, Ark, Vandy, and KY look winnable at the least. Auburn and Bama are possible.
    Your defense makes you capable of beating OM, Ark, G. Tech, Bama, AU, Tenn and LSU. But I don't think you'll be able to beat more than two
    of them (OM, Ark, Ga. Tech.. the likely candidates)

In Croom's 5th year, KY, VU, and the other three non-con games should be gimmies.

The schedule is somewhat kind but I just don't see you beating more than two of those teams listed as long as your offense is as bad as it is. Upsets are
    also possible.. I call those five games gimmies but again, you can't afford many defensive lapses with the way your offense looks right now.

So you give us 5 gimmies, which is nicer than I was even being. Arkansas is going to struggle this year. GT has an entire new offensive scheme, which a lot of people question whether or not it can consistently work at all against an SEC defense, and none of their players are built to run this scheme.
    So let's say those are the 2 you say we "can" win, which puts us at 7 wins. Now, if we beat those 2 teams you think we CAN'T beat ANY of OM, Bama, Auburn, TN, or LSU?

And yes, we catch a huge break in our schedule this year- we play all 4 of the SEC teams who are ranked below us preseason. We get to play all 4 of the teams who we should be marginally better than. Plus, our noncoference schedule is a joke, including GT who is starting a MAJOR building year.

Losses: Auburn, GT, LSU (making the board totally unreadable by late September), UT, Ark.

Loses: Auburn, LSU, Tenn, Bama

for the Chicken (Peach) Bowl.

Losses: LSU, Tennessee, Ga. Tech and a win in a January 1 bowl game.

But thanks for your keen insight.

Losses to UT, LSU, Bama, and GT. I feel like we should beat Georgia Tech, but it just doesn't feel like a game we'll win. We should definitely beat Kentucky, Vandy, Arkansas, SLU, and MTSU. I have a bad feeling about LaTech, but we should win. For whatever reason, I feel completely confident that we'll beat Auburn. I consider Ole Miss a complete toss-up, so I obviously went with us.

L tech W
    Se La W
    Aub L
    G tech W
    LSU L
    Vandy W
    UT W
    MTSU W
    UK W
    Bama L
    Ark L
    Miss W

We win all out of conference games with GaTech putting in a new offense and coming off two tough games with BC and VaTech. They will be beat up and we will have great film on them.

We beat: UK, Vandy, OM, and Ark
    We lose: Auburn, LSU, Tenn, and Bama

Home/away isn't what it used to be to this team. We beat Auburn and UK on the road last year.

MSU will be 8-4 (4-4) at the end of the regular season, and 9-4 after bowling.

Loses to Auburn, LSU, Alabama, and Ole Miss....this will allow Ole Miss to go 6-6 for the year and get them into a bowl, which will piss everyone off.

MSU will play Clemsen in the Music City Bowl and win 21 - 13.

DawgStudent will get arrested on the streets of Nashville for pee'ing behind a dumpster.

2008 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
    SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
    DATE OPPONENT
    8-30-08 at Louisiana Tech - Win
    9-6-08 SE LOUISIANA - Win
    9-13-08 AUBURN - Loss
    9-20-08 at Georgia Tech - Loss
    9-27-08 at Louisiana State - Loss
    10-11-08 VANDERBILT - Win
    10-18-08 at Tennessee - Loss
    10-25-08 MIDDLE TENNESSEE - Win