Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ely's Restaurant Preseason Prognosticators - Week 12 - MISSISSIPPI STATE UNIVERSITY

Losses to LSU, BAMA, and ARK

Ely's Restaurant Preseason Prognosticators - Week 12 - MISSISSIPPI STATE UNIVERSITY

Memphis - 52-0 W however, Relf blows his knee out
    Auburn - 17-14 L State gets to the goal line in the 4th quarter, but Elliot channels Dontae and fumbles it into the end zone. Damon Duval finds out he has one game of eligibility left with Auburn, walks out of the stands, and kicks a 60 yard field goal as time expires to win the game.
    LSU - 42-0 L It's LSU. They beat our brains in just about every year.
    La Tech 34-20 L It's La Tech. We haven't beaten them since when, 1988? Seriously, our punter pulls a patented McAdams 24 yard line drive punt 3 times deep in our own territory and La Tech returns all 3 of them for touchdowns.
    Georgia - 47-0. L The team bus gets lost on the mountainous roads and everybody gets car sick.
    UAB 17-14 W in triple overtime. Jack comes back and throws a chinaman out of the press box window.
    USCe 16-14. L. State scores first, starts their second drive off well, then channels Dontae again and fumbles the football. USC then proceeds to score 16 unanswered points.
    UK 45-20 L. State's punter kicks 2 line drive punts to UK's returner who promptly returns them for touchdowns.
    UTM 52-0 W
    AL 33-0 L. Jack doesn't have to drive back to Tupelo for this one.
    Ark 16-13 L in overtime. State misses an extra point in the game sending it into overtime. Ark makes their field goal. State doesn't.
    OM 15-14 L. State leads 14-7 late in the fourth quarter. Whoever is the QB for OM leads the Flood/Rebels/Bears down the field for a late touchdown. Nutt channels Tubberville, goes for 2 and gets it.

Somebody had to counterbalance all the wool here.

@ Memphis - W
    @ Auburn - W
    LSU - W --- Yes, this will be the year, the voodoo bitch is dead!!
    La Tech - W
    @ Georgia - W Richt will be Croomed Mullen-ed after this game
    @ UAB - W but a close one here gives us a scare
    South Carolina - W - our 2nd upset for the year
    @ Kentucky - W
    UT Martin - W
    Alabama - L--- Riding into this one but injuries mount up
    @ Arkansas - L ---- Another nail bitter
    Ole Miss - W - Castration Bowl --- After this one the Rebs will have something in common with LT--- MinusOneNuttku

Please explain your logic.

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar

@ Memphis - W
    @ Auburn - L
    LSU - L
    La Tech - W
    @ Georgia - L
    @ UAB - W
    South Carolina - L
    @ Kentucky - W
    UT Martin - W
    Alabama - L
    @ Arkansas - L
    Ole Miss - W

W: Memphis, Auburn, La Tech, UAB, UK, UTM, OM

L: LSU, SC, UGA, Bama, Arkansas

UGA will be fighting for Richt's job and it'll be in Athens.

Best Case: 9-3
    Worst Case: 6-6

Losses to LSU, Georgia, Bama. Still finish 4th in the West.

-nm-

Who knows, without wool don't know what I'd say.
    Coach Dan say we should be all-in, that's the best I can do.
    ok 10-2!
    See You in Atlanta!

delete

Memphis- W, Auburn-W, LSU-L, Tech-W, UGA-L, UAB-W, USC-W, UK-W, UTM-W, BAMA-L, Swine-L, UM-W

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstudent
    Welcome to Year VII of Preseason Prognosticators. You may
    either simply state the record of the team or go into detail concerning
    every game. Please put in the title of your post the overall record and
    SEC record (ex: 8-4 (4-4)).

DATE OPPONENT
    9-3-11 at Memphis W
    9-10-11 at Auburn W
    9-15-11 LOUISIANA STATE (Thur.) W
    9-24-11 LOUISIANA TECH W
    10-1-11 at Georgia W
    10-8-11 at UAB W
    10-15-11 SOUTH CAROLINA L
    10-29-11 at Kentucky W
    11-5-11 TENNESSEE-MARTIN W
    11-12-11 ALABAMA L
    11-19-11 at Arkansas W
    11-26-11 MISSISSIPPI W

Richard Shapley
    richard@elysrestaurant.com
    Phone: 601.605.6359
    Fax: 601.605.6687
    http://elysrestaurant.com

Two guaranteed losses: LSU and Alabama
    Probable loss: UPig
    Slighty favored: USCe and Jawja
    Probable wins: CheatAUers, Black Bears and Mildcats
    Wins: Memfizz, UABlah, La Tech, Tennessee-Martin

All stars align and we are 9-3. Hooray!
    No bounces our way and we are 7-5 (3-5)

@ Memphis - W
    @ Auburn - W
    LSU - W
    La Tech - W
    @ Georgia - W
    @ UAB - W
    South Carolina - W
    @ Kentucky - W
    UT Martin - W
    Alabama - L
    @ Arkansas - L
    Ole Miss - W

And i said you could go 7-5 which would mean you beat either Aub or Ga. The only way i see you doing better than 7-5 is if you beat Aub and Ga and win every single one of your games you are supposed to win. I know you are awesome, but until you have done that more than once in the past 20 yrs, i think i will go with the odds and say you don't win all of those games.

Losing a starting left tackle is not something you replace as easily as you guys think. You also had crowned Diaz as the next coming of Mullen, so i am not sure why you don't think that is not going to have an impact.

Defensive concerns are my only reason for not going 9-3.

the wooliness wants more but we will need some breaks/injuries involving the better teams on our schedule

I have no doubts we are going to beat SC at home- shit, we were better than them last year. LSU? That one is going to be tough- but being at home sure helps alot. Makes it an even game

LT thing is overblown- we dont not run a conventional offense and you cant really compare the position to your offense. If he can block down and then pull on the counter, we will be ok at LT.

Wilson will be ok on D- This is our 5th DC in the last 5 years-we know how to make that change. We have a very veteran D and the scheme wont change much.

They had a half-game WORSE record than us last year. Common opponents:

Georgia - USC won 17-6, MSU won 24-12
    Auburn - USC lost 27-35 and 17-56, MSU lost 14-17
    Bama - USC won 35-21, MSU lost 10-30
    Kentucky - USC lost 28-31, MSU won 24-17
    Arkansas - USC lost 20-41, MSU lost 31-38
    Florida - USC won 36-14, MSU won 10-7

Bottom line: USC 3-4, MSU 3-3. USC outscored 180-204. MSU outscored 113-121. USC returns 7 starters on offense, 6 on defense. We return 8 starters on offense, 7 on defense. We get them at home. Please explain why you think this game is unwinnable for us.

This is our year to shine.

Especiallythe LT point. I have been preaching the exact same thing. LT is not a make or break position in a Spread Option offense. Just saying, I think Center is the most crucial O Line position in our offense and we have a damn good one.

Quote Originally Posted by AzzurriDawg4
    I welcome the effect that it may have on my career if it happens again.
    Tell me about it. That was my first semester of college and the hysteria leading up to 8-0 was palpable.

that's exactly how i have it......10-2, losses to bama and arky....

shear my wool....

SEC West Champs lone loss at Arkansas.

@ Memphis - W
    @ Auburn - W
    La Tech - W
    @ Georgia - W
    @ UAB - W
    @ Kentucky - W
    UT Martin - W
    Ole Miss - W

USC, LSU, Bama, Arky - We win 2. I'm guessing USC and LSU

nm

It'll be nice to see what can happen in the 'second year' for once.

Unless i am retarded, you jacked up your numbers. you were both 3-3, but i don't know what the hell that really means anyway. The reason you don't stand a chance is b/c USC has the best running back in college football. Lattimore will run it down your throat about 40 times per game. The only chance you have it that something happens to him before they get to town.

If the game were today in your place, i would guess USC would be favored by 6 over you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by TBagger
    Unless i am retarded, you jacked up your numbers. you were both 3-3, but i don't know what the hell that really means anyway. The reason you don't stand a chance is b/c USC has the best running back in college football. Lattimore will run it down your throat about 40 times per game. The only chance you have it that something happens to him before they get to town.

If the game were today in your place, i would guess USC would be favored by 6 over you guys.
    SC lost to Auburn twice- regular season and SEC championship game

We are not losing to SC this season- we have one of the bestDL's in the SEC and the best tandem at DT- they can run Lattimore all they want- and he will probably get knocked the 17 out like he did in a couple of games last season.

and Vegas has SC -1 last time I checked

Only losses I can see are Bama and Ark in Little Rock. Although now that Ark game looks more like a pick em. As long as we stay healthy and Auburn doesn't spend $200k this year, I see 10 wins on schedule.

nm

I was having a football discussion dickhead. You are still a dog at home against USC. If you consider home field as 3 pts, then they expect that SC is a 4.5 pt favorite on you. Clearly that wouldn't be insurmountable, but they are clearly favored and i give you very little chance of winning that game. I guess i won't be making a living at predicting preseason spreads, but you are still a dog at home so i don't think i would be that confident in the game if i were you.

And your username is appropriate because apparentlyyouhave a permanent T-Bag covering your eyes if you think Lattimore is by far the best RB in the conference. He's good but not head and shoulders above the rest. Also, if you think SC will come in and run us off the field is completely ridiculous. If MSU were in the East this year, they would be favored to win it. I didn't say this, ESPN did. Come mid OCT when Stevie and the Cocks roll into Starkville, I expect this line to be MSU -3.5, and maybe more.

nm

W's:
    Memphis
    La Tech
    UAB
    UK
    UT-M
    UM

L's:
    Auburn
    LSU
    UGA
    So Carolina