A few things I noticed today (rant included)

Our tackling is absolutely horrid. Where did our entire defense learn to tackle high? They all do it.

Our offense really needs a dual threat QB b/c our WR's are pretty avg. as SEC receivers go. Opposing defenses need something extra to guard against in order to open things up better for the wideouts. Not a knock on russell.

I honestly don't understand why we are still going with an empty backfield. Russell is eventually going to get hurt b/c of it.

It seems to me that we would be better served trying to use a more power running attack with a bigger back with the spread that we are running.

Maybe it was because we were playing so bad, but almost everything we are currently doing as far as jumbotron, #snowbowl12, jumbotron commercials, etc. make me want to slam my nuts in a door. I am a 41 yr. old anglo saxon and I am longing for some hip-hop or rap. Just not "who let the dogs out". It is time to retire that one for good. If we have to endure the commercials could they at least be better than the ones i watch at the movie theater? They are awful and painful to watch. What has happened to our gamedays of two and three years ago? Loud and entertaining from beginning to end. You could tell LT was gone and I felt good about the future. And I don't want to see another gimmicky uniform.

Is it too late to halt work being don by the crains and take them over to dudy noble?

I turn 42 in 5 minutes.

I like rap music.

Dont expand DWS? Please go get a MBA at Mississippi or something.

Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post

I honestly don't understand why we are still going with an empty backfield. Russell is eventually going to get hurt b/c of it.
    THIS!!!! If we run an empty backfield even once next week in Baton Rouge, Russell may end up on life support. Every time we did it, A&M instantly brought pressure right up the gut and always laid the boom on Russell even if he managed to get the pass off. Our OL can't stand up to it against a good DL in that situation. You know LSU will be licking their chops if we run an empty set. We are going to have to keep a RB in to help in obvious passing situations or put a TE in an H-back position to help. I also agree that we need to be using one of our 3 RBs that are over 200 lbs more often. I like Perk and he is a good RB, but he isn't going to punish anyone that comes up to tackle him. We need to be able to inflict some pain on the LBs and safeties in the run game.

Just trying to make the point that performances like the last two along with the graveyard like atmosphere will drive folks away.

The made for tv commercials, kids answering dumb questions, car races, honoring this or that every break, and most annoying DEAD AIRTIME have got to go. The worst is after a commercial when we are waiting for the game to start back and get a minute of nothing, followed by a quick rap snippet when they break the huddle. Our atmosphere yesterday was terrible.

We have for to remember that this is first and foremost a college football game and with all these stupid gimmicks we have gotten away from that. It softens the home field advantage, destroys energy in the stadium, and when coupled with pussy defense makes me highly annoyed. Fans are not supposed to be annoyed at a football game. The gimmicks and sideshows have to go (along with Wilson). Will strick change it? Probably not. We are M-State.

I agree on the offense. Also, it seemed we ran numerous long developing pass plays and they delayed blitzed and ate our lunch ....with nobody in the backfield.

As for the video board, regardless of the music selection, the way it is ran; it is a distraction and a nuisance. It felt like I was at drive in theater watching commercials. I was ready for ear plugs by the time the place emptied and it seemingly got louder. DAMN! Stricklin, give it a damn rest!!!!

As for expansion, our stadium looks like a joke. It should have been enclosed years ago.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 11-04-2012 at 06:41 AM.

While we are on the gimmicks, whichever car dealership does that "win this truck" promotion should lose business because of it.

All you have to do to win the truck is throw a football 40 yards through a truck window. That's fine- it should be difficult. But they give you A NERF FOOTBALL. Joe 17ing Montana couldn't make that throw. Hell, no one can make the ten yard throws in the other promotion. Get an insurance policy in case you lose and give someone at least a legit shot at winning. And if you're worried about dents, then move them closer with the NERF ball.

In case you missed it, the "car races" sponsor, Chevron, presented a check on the field for $340,000 to the university before the game. I hate watching the silly crap myself but those kind of $$$ make it more appealing. Otherwise I agree with everything else.
    The poster formerly known as: dawgebag

Yes, my cousin from Houston made the trip to present the donation to MSU. I believe he graduated from MSU in 1982-83 and has worked for Chevron all over the world.

Fine. When umis, bullock Toyota, veranda, deep south pout, etc pony up 300k they can have their commercials. Otherwise put a rotating SILENT add on the banner or something and play some damn rap/dub step or feature the band at all times. This is how Bama did it. Their stadium was ROCKING

Did you forget the physics lesson with one of the players ?

The commercials drain the environment. They do not know how to maintain the atmosphere. It is a joke. Get excited and them throw cold water in everyone. They should be having music ONLY.

Pre-game still has a ways to go

While the subject is brought up...

Playing the State of Mississippi promo commercial five minutes until kickoff absolutely kills the atmosphere. It's like a "Awww, how nice. I'm so proud of my state." Please play that at another time. It's a good commercial, but not right before kickoff.

And I cringe when I have friends and over the loudspeaker comes "Alright fans, it's time for the Maroon and White cheer, brought to you by Ford." Maroon-White cheer is fine, but why introduce it like that? It feels so forced.

On a good note, really appreciated seeing the subtitles on the Physics of Football segment, once it finally started playing.

...This right here.

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjax View Post
    While the subject is brought up...

Playing the State of Mississippi promo commercial five minutes until kickoff absolutely kills the atmosphere. It's like a "Awww, how nice. I'm so proud of my state." Please play that at another time. It's a good commercial, but not right before kickoff.

And I cringe when I have friends and over the loudspeaker comes "Alright fans, it's time for the Maroon and White cheer, brought to you by Ford." Maroon-White cheer is fine, but why introduce it like that? It feels so forced.

On a good note, really appreciated seeing the subtitles on the Physics of Football segment, once it finally started playing.
    Is 1000% correct, The should really redo the 5-7 mins before the team runs out, or have them run out of the locker room after they intro video and omit the maroon and white cheer...its just awkward.

The subtitles on the Physics of Football was the best thing they've done all season.