PDA

View Full Version : Hear Ye! Hear Ye!!! 2009 Preseason Cream Talk by Stallion

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
08-23-2009, 08:20 AM
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><font face="Calibri">Hello my beloved Six Packers:</font></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><font face="Calibri">Oh how the Stallion loves this time of year.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> When expectations meet absurdity and reality is only a loss or two away from making the pretenders realists.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> It&#39;s the preseason.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> It&#39;s the time where football enthusiasts throw out the wildest predictions in hope to telling his (or her) buddies that he (or she) told you so, all along.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Well you could say Cream Talk has a little of that feel, because the Stallion&#39;s preseason talk is based off talent, statistics and dare I say it, the cream crystal ball.</font></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><font face="Calibri">For those of you that are not familiar with the weekly Cream Talk, the Stallion has always been a huge proponent that the "Cream rises to the top."<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Of course me being the Tiiigaaahhh fan that I am, I used to tell my fellow Bulldog fans this quote a lot during the Skip years in baseball and more recently in football with my beloved Purple and Gold.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> About five years ago, the Godfather and I discussed the evolution of Cream Talk and it got quite the reaction from the Six Pack faithful.</font></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><font face="Calibri">What is Cream Talk about?<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> It&#39;s not as simple as the brain of Dr. Lou Holtz.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> It is a weekly rating of all of the SEC teams as the Stallion sees fit and is based on who the best football teams are in the SEC; not necessarily based solely on record.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Consistency of the team&#39;s performance is important, but the Stallion is not afraid to put a 2 loss team ahead of a 1 loss team if he feels that the team is a much better team than the 1-loss team.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> You have to look at it objectively though, because it&#39;s not one team vs. another team.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> It&#39;s how a team compares to the rest of the conference.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Also, the Stallion puts a little humor by each team&#39;s <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>weekly ranking to keep it lively.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Sound confusing??<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Good - the Stallion wants it that way.</font></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><font face="Calibri">Also, each week the Stallion awards a team a "Hot Boudin" for its superb <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>weekend performance and a "cold cous cous" for a team&#39;s horrendous performance.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Sometimes an individual can actually surpass a team&#39;s performance positively or negatively to win the award all by himself.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Jarrett Lee is a prime example of a multi cold cous cous award winner which segways into a different twist to Cream Talk this year.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span></font></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><font face="Calibri">Yes my fans get even more Cream Talk this year at no extra charge (The Stallion still can&#39;t believe he does this for free).<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> There will be a Jarrett Lee Award sponsored by the GM Government Bailout Program.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> It was the only sponsor I could get during these tough economic times.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Yes you are my sponsor with your good hard tax paying dollars.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> This award may or may not be given out weekly but goes to the player or coach that makes the most unbelievably stupid play of the weekend that costs his team dearly.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> It&#39;s kind of like a Pontiac Game Changer, except comical.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> I feel that "weekly" may not give this award justice but will accept nominees throughout the year in my weekly Cream Talk.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> If the Stallion feels like your nominee warrants the award, then it will make the list for the Jarrett Lee Stupid Play of the Year Award.</font></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><font face="Calibri">And now the Preseason Cream Rankings for your viewing pleasure.

1) Florida - Like a virgin, Tebow can&#39;t get enough …winning that is.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> The guy is a machine and will probably lead the Gators to another National Championship.
<span style="mso-bidi-font-family: Calibri; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin"><span style="mso-list: Ignore"><span style="FONT: 7pt &#39;Times New Roman&#39;"><font face="Calibri" size="3">2) </font> </span></span></span>Ole Miss - The Stallion is so ill to do this, but that schedule is so weak that even I could not deny the Rebels chances of going through the Western Division.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Not to mention the Reverend&#39;s Rebels are loaded starting with QB Jevon Snead and a strong D-line.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> It&#39;s just a matter of time though before Nutt reveals his recent text messaging to one special lady of the Grove.
<span style="mso-bidi-font-family: Calibri; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin"><span style="mso-list: Ignore"><span style="FONT: 7pt &#39;Times New Roman&#39;"><font face="Calibri" size="3">3) </font> </span></span></span>Alabama - With nine returning starters on a Saban coached defense, they will be a force.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> I also look for sophomore Julio Jones to have a breakout season.
4) Georgia - Falls a bit with the loss of Stafford and Moreno.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> However a dynamic receiving corp and a ton of talent always keeps the Dawgs in the hunt.
5) Tennessee - Again, the Stallion&#39;s crystal ball may need to be repaired this year, but the Vols lacked coaching last year.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> They had the talent.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> This year behind the new Mouth of the South Lane Kiffen is a coaching staff and recruiting staff second to none.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> The Vols will be the Stallion&#39;s surprise team of the &#39;09 season mainly because they will utilize incredible talent on defense to their advantage.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> However, I can&#39;t wait to see the ass whipping that Urban is gonna lay on Lane.
6) LSU - The Stallion just isn&#39;t feeling the Tigers this year.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Jordan Jefferson still has something to prove this season.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> However the Stallion is excited to see the new freshmen sensations of Reuben Randle and Russell Shephard.
7) Arkansas - The Hogs are another up and coming team that I believe has been flying under the radar screen.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Look out for Petrino to finally turn on his magic.
8) South Carolina - Not even the gladiator QB, The Spaniard, Jose Maria Gonzalez Martinez Garcia will save Spurrier&#39;s job this year.
9) Kentucky - Rich Brooks will bounce his wildcats back after a rebuilding year and qualify the Soggy Bluegrass Mountain Boys from Constant Sorrow.
10) Auburn - Can Auburn really be this bad two years in a row.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Let the Chizik era begin.
11) Vanderbilt - Can&#39;t keep a good thing up!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Sorry Vandy, but the Stallion is not a believer.
12) Miss. State - Croom will have a bag of popcorn and coke and pizza and potato chips watching year 1 under Mullen as he tries to resurrect the program.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span></font></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"> </p>

GhostOfJackie
08-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Ole Miss will not finish ahead of Alabama this year. Alabama has too much talent.

And do ya really believe that the Vols are one better than your beloved Tiggaaahhhss?

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
08-23-2009, 08:49 AM
First off - It really is a toss up this year with a lot of questions. The reason why I ranked Ole Miss above Bama was strictly on Bama having an unproven QB and Ole Miss does not. That is a big difference and could actually make Alabama overrated if he sux..

As far as Tennessee, I think they could be a sleeper. Fresh coaching staff with a ton of athletes usually equals a quick turnaround if the coach staff is legit. I struggled having UGA that high actually, but from what I have read they are loaded. Losing Moreno and Stafford is huge in my opinion. LSU really hasn't proven much with their talent. Although they are loaded with athletes, and I expect the defense to be much better, are you really jumping out of your shorts over Jordan Jefferson at QB??? I'm not...but I hope to be soon.

Fletch Fletcher
08-23-2009, 08:59 AM
<font face="Calibri">I also look for freshmen Julio Jones to have a breakout season.</font><font face="Calibri">

I guess this was just a copy & paste from last year&#39;s preseason cream?</font>

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
08-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Stallion

GhostOfJackie
08-23-2009, 09:01 AM
With so many new coaches in the league this year, it makes preseason rankings a tough task. There are plenty of teams that we just don't know about and are impossible to form an opinion on until these new coaches are tested.

I see you have zero confidence in my Bulldogs this year and that's ok. New coach, ok quarterback, young recievers, no talent left behind from previous administration........ I got you. But can you seriously put Vandy ahead of us?

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
08-23-2009, 09:03 AM
But Cream is a very volatile thing...show the Stallion something and I have no problem watching the cream gel.

HamilReb
08-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Not to be an ass, but it's Jevan. You got his last name right so kudos.

Not so sure about LSU finishing that low and TENN that high.

I think OM,LSU and ALA. are almost interchangeable. But I do agree that Snead gives us a very slight edge over the others.

Again, nice job.

Fletch Fletcher
08-23-2009, 09:17 AM
I guess more so than his classification, I was referring to the "breakout season" part. Would 2nd team All-SEC as a true freshman not count as a breakout season?

thatsbaseball
08-23-2009, 10:58 AM
in fact you can probably pencil us in for the cellar next year also. Croom left us in one hell of a mess talent wise. I enjoy your posts , keep up the good work.

FlabLoser
08-23-2009, 11:07 AM
I mean, I probably will eventually. We have to be better, a lot better, than last year.

jmbeck
08-23-2009, 01:14 PM
I don't have an archive, but I think this is the first time I've seen you place LSU out of the top three. I am truly surprised.

karlchilders
08-23-2009, 01:20 PM
If we're last...we'll... I'll kiss my girl friends ass.

You could be right...

At the end, the Rebs will not be second...this means that they play in the SEC Championship, I ain't buying.

Razorbacks> than Gamecocks...Nah! What has Arkansas show you?

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
08-23-2009, 01:56 PM
I should have gone back and cross-checked spelling of the names. With the huge paycheck that I am getting from this weekly thread, I have no excuse for misspelled names.

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
08-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Arkansas showed steady progress last year. If you recall they were one of the worst teams not only in the SEC , but in college football and showed steady progress throughout the year. South Carolina is hit or miss every year, never steady and truly finish on a disappointing note typically every year...never seem to meet expectations. Arkansas will even be better in my opinion this year.

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
08-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Since the inception of Cream Talk, I can't remember LSU having more unanswered questions going into a year. Cream Talk started around 2003 or 2004 (can't quite remember) and LSU has been very strong every year. I had them at 3 last year with a lot of skepticism b/c of the QB situation. However, I thought the LSU defense would carry them through until they ironed out the QB situation. I was badly mistaken. This year w/ the turnover on defense and still an unproven QB in my opinion in Jordan Jefferson, I am skeptical.

But UGA gives me the same feeling as well as Bama.

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
08-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Stallion

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
08-23-2009, 02:18 PM
I just don't think this will be the year they get off the crusty bottom...suck it up for a couple more years and let's see what Mullen has in year 3.

Columbus Dawg
08-23-2009, 02:21 PM
I thought The Cream Rankings were a list of the best teams not a reflection solely of wins/losses or a team&#39;s schedule. If you think Ole Miss is the 2nd best team in the conference then that&#39;s fine, but don&#39;t rank them 2nd just because they have the easiest schedule in the SEC.

I disagree on Tennessee having a lot of talent. Fulmer hasn&#39;t recruited well the past few years and that&#39;s why he lost his job. It&#39;s not because he forgot how to coach. Kiffen and the Wild Boyz had a good class this year and they will recruit like crazy, but it will be a couple of years before the cupboard is full. And as you should know with Jarrett Lee, it doesn&#39;t matter how much talent you have if you don&#39;t have a QB. Their defense will be very good, but their defense has always been good.

If you want to talk about lack of coaching and a new staff, see MSU. As bad as we were last year, we still overcame a 6 yard punt from our own endzone to beat Vandy. I know Vandy won a bowl game and I know we aren&#39;t as talented throughout the roster as we need to be, but I would still put us ahead of the Dores.</p>

I agree that Arkansas will be the surprise team of the year in the SEC. Petrino can flat out coach and they will be much improved.</p>

</p>

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
08-23-2009, 02:30 PM
I don't base ole miss's schedule on their ranking. But it will help them have teh better chance to win the west...do you not agree. However, I think they should beat LSU and Alabama hence they are ranked No.2 . Snead is the major difference among the 3 teams.

Tennessee is a sleeper for me. The Vols gave up on Fulmer. But they have talent. Kiffen is a good offensive mine. Having daddy on the other side of the ball will be very interesting to me. I just think Tennessee was in dire need of a change and they made the right move to let Fulmer go.

bulldogbaja
08-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Last year I said all along that I didn't think they would be very good. This year, I think they've finally found their QB, and will compete with Bama for the West.
Still don't get how anybody thinks Ole Miss will be as good as last year, much less better.

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
08-23-2009, 02:43 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if all of the hype backfired on the Rebels, but they have a ton of players returning and they really lost 4 games that could have gone either way last year.

LSU's QB situation is not a comfortable one for me as it may be for some people. Keep in mind Jefferson had 2 of 3.5 good games last year....Arkansas and Ga Tech. He was average to below average against the Rebels and looked lost against Troy. He will come in more confident but even the fall reports are less than clear how well he is throwing the ball. Believe it or not, they are saying Lee is throwing the ball much better this year.

Columbus Dawg
08-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Kiffen is a good offensive mine.What are we basing this on? The disaster in Oakland or the 1 year he spent running the USC offense? I think the guy is a moran. I do agree that Eric Berry in the Tampa 2 should be a lot of fun to watch, but again, defense has never been the problem. Arkansas is the sleeper pick or maybe even South Carolina.

Yes, I agree that Ole Miss's schedule will make it easier to win the West, but that doesn't mean they are the 2nd best team in the conference. I'm telling you they are going to miss Oher, Jerry, and the forgotten one, Mike Wallace.

So does Russell Shepard have a legit shot at being the QB at LSU? I've seen him play twice and I was really impressed with his athletic ability, but not that impressed with his QB play.

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
08-23-2009, 02:56 PM
I've only seen highlight reels of him. It's very well publicized that his arm is not desirable, but he is one helluva an athlete....Wildcat, and WR packages will be utilized with him this year. Kinda like Ryan Perriloux was used with Matt Flynn

bulldogbaja
08-23-2009, 03:19 PM
I don't care what the lurkers say about the other linemen being better or whatever. Basically all of the hype around Ole Miss is based on Snead, and I don't think that's enough. Anyway, when was the last time an SEC starting QB started every game of the season? I know that's an exaggeration, because Tebow, Stafford, and others did it last year, but the point is it's a tough league. If you end the season with the same starting QB that you started with then you're very lucky. Ole Miss' Oline should be good, but still a step back. I can see several defenses on their schedule giving them problems (not the least of which being your Tigers).
Plus, just to stir up shit, I don't think they're well enough coached to really make that much noise.
Cue the H. Nutt worshipers...

DerHntr
08-23-2009, 03:57 PM
the bulldogs find a way to the bottom of the cream. Thanks Crooms!

I too think we are a better team than the Vols but all I need to see is an ass whipping soon and I will change my mind.</p>

TBonewannabe
08-23-2009, 10:45 PM
We are screwed by our schedule this year. If we had UM's schedule, I think we would be bowling in Mullen's first year. Instead I think we will win around 4.

Bulldog Backer
08-24-2009, 01:02 AM
...Stallion.

<font face="Calibri">And now the Preseason Cream Rankings for your viewing pleasure.

1) Florida - Like a virgin, Tebow can&#39;t get enough …winning that is. The guy is a machine and will probably lead the Gators to another National Championship. <span style="font-weight: bold;">I agree. Hard to vote against a team with it&#39;s entire two deep on defense and Tim Tebow back</span>.

<span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><font size="3" face="Calibri">2)</font></span></span></span> Ole Miss - The Stallion is so ill to do this, but that schedule is so weak that even I could not deny the Rebels chances of going through the Western Division. Not to mention the Reverend&#39;s Rebels are loaded starting with QB Jevon Snead and a strong D-line. It&#39;s just a matter of time though before Nutt reveals his recent text messaging to one special lady of the Grove. <span style="font-weight: bold;">You have a point here, and I would agree Ole Miss has the 2nd best starting 22, but they don&#39;t have the depth of other contenders, especially on the offensive line. One or two key injuries, and they drop a couple of places. I think they finish runnerup to Alabama.</span>

<span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><font size="3" face="Calibri">3)</font></span></span></span> Alabama - With nine returning starters on a Saban coached defense, they will be a force. I also look for sophomore Julio Jones to have a breakout season. <span style="font-weight: bold;">If Florida has the best defense in the SEC, then Alabama will have the 2nd best. They have developed the depth to play with anyone week after week.</span>

4) Georgia - Falls a bit with the loss of Stafford and Moreno. However a dynamic receiving corp and a ton of talent always keeps the Dawgs in the hunt. <span style="font-weight: bold;">Moreno and Stafford won&#39;t be missed as much as you think. UGA has a stable of RB&#39;s, and they won&#39;t miss Stafford&#39;s penchant for throwing key interceptions in critical situations. However, I agree with your placement.</span>

5) Tennessee - Again, the Stallion&#39;s crystal ball may need to be repaired this year, but the Vols lacked coaching last year. They had the talent. This year behind the new Mouth of the South Lane Kiffen is a coaching staff and recruiting staff second to none. The Vols will be the Stallion&#39;s surprise team of the &#39;09 season mainly because they will utilize incredible talent on defense to their advantage. However, I can&#39;t wait to see the ass whipping that Urban is gonna lay on Lane. <span style="font-weight: bold;">Kiffin will be proven to be all mouth. No way UT deserves to be this high. They have one Division 1A QB on the roster. Bryce Brown won&#39;t be the savior. I see UT down about 2 notches from here.

</span> 6) LSU - The Stallion just isn&#39;t feeling the Tigers this year. Jordan Jefferson still has something to prove this season. However the Stallion is excited to see the new freshmen sensations of Reuben Randle and Russell Shephard. <span style="font-weight: bold;">LSU has the most talent of any SEC team. Les Miles just doesn&#39;t know what to do with it, however on any day of the week they are better than UT. </span>

7) Arkansas - The Hogs are another up and coming team that I believe has been flying under the radar screen. Look out for Petrino to finally turn on his magic. <span style="font-weight: bold;">The Piggies need to find a defense. They will improve their points scored by 10-15%, but can they stop other teams? They have 10 starters back on defense, but they leaked too many points. I don&#39;t think they are better than USC. </span>

8) South Carolina - Not even the gladiator QB, The Spaniard, Jose Maria Gonzalez Martinez Garcia will save Spurrier&#39;s job this year. <span style="font-weight: bold;">USC may have the 3rd or fourth best defense in the SEC. The Visorboy will find a way for the offense to improve.

</span>9) Kentucky - Rich Brooks will bounce his wildcats back after a rebuilding year and qualify the Soggy Bluegrass Mountain Boys from Constant Sorrow. <span style="font-weight: bold;">I personally think UK will be looking up from the bottom of the SEC East.

</span> 10) Auburn - Can Auburn really be this bad two years in a row. Let the Chizik era begin. <span style="font-weight: bold;">Yes, Auburn can be this bad two years in a row! They will have a very good defense, but can they find a way to score?
</span>
11) Vanderbilt - Can&#39;t keep a good thing up! Sorry Vandy, but the Stallion is not a believer. <span style="font-weight: bold;">Vanderbilt was a bowl team last year they won their bowl. They have more starters back than Kentucky. They will be a surprise team in the East.

</span>12) Miss. State - Croom will have a bag of popcorn and coke and pizza and potato chips watching year 1 under Mullen as he tries to resurrect the program. <span style="font-weight: bold;">From all indications, schedule given and all other considerations, this MSU team is underestimated by most preseason prognosticators, including you. MSU should be improved at every position, with the possible exception of WR where youth can be unpredictable.

There are 3 very high quality teams in the SEC West and 3 teams struggling to become high quality. There are no "dogs" in the SEC, like there is in every other league. Alabama, LSU, and Ole Miss are the cream of the West. I think Arkansas, Auburn and Mississippi State are roughly equal. Therefore, I see the West this way:

1. Alabama
2. Ole Miss
3. LSU
4. MSU
4. Arkansas </span></font>
<span style="font-weight: bold;">6. Auburn

In the East, there is Florida and the rest. Other than Florida, the East is pretty balanced this year. UGA has been surpassed in talent by UF, but is probably the 2nd best. The rest of the East is fairly balanced. Vandy, with 17 starters returning from their bowl season, is probably the best of the rest. The winner of the UT/Kentucky game will determine who finishes last. Therefore, the SEC East should finish something like this:

1. Florida
2. UGA
3. USC
4. Vandy
5. UT
6. Kentucky
</span>

Shmuley
08-24-2009, 01:12 AM
You still have trouble wanting to elevate state when it's not justified. Seriously, you think state is going to be "improved" at CB? But aside from that, I thought your post was quite improved over your standard vomit.

In response, I will rank the SEC West as follows:

1. Alabama (who cares that their QB is raw and they've got no proven help to get Julio out of double teams? They're D is f'n criminally nasty)

2. LUS

3. Mississippi

4. Arkansas

5/6. Auburn State (the f'n two headed monster of really, really bad coaching/recruiting)

Bulldog Backer
08-24-2009, 02:29 AM
You still have trouble wanting to elevate state when it's not justified. Seriously, you think state is going to be "improved" at CB? But aside from that, I thought your post was quite improved over your standard vomit.

In response, I will rank the SEC West as follows:

1. Alabama (who cares that their QB is raw and they've got no proven help to get Julio out of double teams? They're D is f'n criminally nasty)

2. LUS

3. Mississippi

4. Arkansas

5/6. Auburn State (the f'n two headed monster of really, really bad coaching/recruiting)...I do believe the CB's will be improved. Marcus Washington returns at one corner and Damien Anderson takes over from Jasper O'Quinn. In spring practice, Washington drew consistent praise. Anderson will take some lumps his first few games, but by mid season will be better than O'Quinn. Last year, our corners were victimized largely because we had no pass rush. That will change this year.

MagnoliaHunter
08-24-2009, 02:34 AM
LSUX...really?

MagnoliaHunter
08-24-2009, 02:51 AM
I had a long weekend. but the rest of my post was valid.

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
08-24-2009, 04:09 AM
Can you elaborate and why did you bring rule 18 into it?

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
08-24-2009, 04:10 AM
But right now the UM program looks to be very strong. Injuries can hurt any program though especially if they are lean like you expect UM to be.

Sutterkane
08-24-2009, 04:49 AM
but this is pretty solid. While Ole Miss will not finish where they are now, putting them there at the start is only right as they have the most momentum and hype besides Florida, really. I think you're selling LSU short as they might have found their QB in their bowl game last year. I think Vandy is a little low considering what they return and how they finally got over a huge hump last year, but you're right in that they have a lot to prove after their spiral from 5-0 last year. Still, good work.

olemissbydamn
08-24-2009, 04:59 AM
<font face="Calibri"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">
There are 3 very high quality teams in the SEC West and 3 teams struggling to become high quality. There are no "dogs" in the SEC, like there is in every other league. Alabama, LSU, and Ole Miss are the cream of the West. I think Arkansas, Auburn and Mississippi State are roughly equal. Therefore, I see the West this way:

1. Alabama
2. Ole Miss
3. LSU
4. MSU
4. Arkansas</span></font>
<span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">6. Auburn

In the East, there is Florida and the rest. Other than Florida, the East is pretty balanced this year. UGA has been surpassed in talent by UF, but is probably the 2nd best. The rest of the East is fairly balanced. Vandy, with 17 starters returning from their bowl season, is probably the best of the rest. The winner of the UT/Kentucky game will determine who finishes last. Therefore, the SEC East should finish something like this:

1. Florida
2. UGA
3. USC
4. Vandy
5. UT
6. Kentucky
</span>
I am going to agree with Backer for once on his East predictions. I might swap UT & Vandy, but I could see it going his way also.

I disagree on the West.

I see Bama & OM being the favorites. LSU looks to be the solid choice for 3rd. I like others in the thread think Arkansas will be the surprise team from the West if they quit the military pratices and preseason injuries. Auburn will out talent MSU no matter how bad their coaching is.

I think Mullen will need a couple of years to get the right talent to succeed.

MagnoliaHunter
08-24-2009, 07:23 AM
yell at everyone how lsu is the greatest in every sport. They repeatedly told me how lsu&#39;s women&#39;s "basketball&#39;" team would beat MSU&#39;s men&#39;s team. Even had one threaten to "wup" my ass because I wouldn&#39;t take his bet on whether lsu could beat at least 4 nfl teams. I didn&#39;t say anything because it was at a family re-union. Then I get on here and read your stupid drivel. I know not many lsu fans can read but doesnt lsu have a board?</p>

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
08-24-2009, 10:31 AM
you are exaggerating a tad. As far as the Cream Talk is concerned, you love it. See you the Sunday of Labor Day weekend!!!

gdogg
08-24-2009, 11:09 AM
After all these years, jeez, please change the name to something other than &#39;Cream talk&#39;</p>

Coach34
08-24-2009, 11:31 AM
are the best and the worst...

The problem I have is the LaTech grads and ULM grads talking shit about how great LSU is and how LSU is "their team"....

SLUdog
08-24-2009, 11:58 AM
against their #1 rival. The week before they lost to MState. Maybe they are getting better. East: UF, UGa, UT, SC, UK, Vandy West: UM, LSU, Bama, Ark, MState, Aub

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
08-24-2009, 02:19 PM
change its name....my point exactly