PDA

View Full Version : Well, Hello Boys & Girls ,Itâ

saddawg
08-29-2010, 04:06 AM
Since some people say I am the devil......Please allow me to re-introduce myself, I’m a man of wealth and taste, I’ve been around a long, long time,even though you’ve never seen my face.

Enough of that greetings and salutations bullshit.

Here’s the answer to the question “ Where have you been?”

As some of you know I had a blog called “ This Is Saddawg Speaking.”

It started out as a place where I could bitch and talk about whatever I wanted. I figured it would only be read by some miscreants from SixPack Speak and a few frustrated NAFOOMERS.

My readership soon branched out into about every country and continent there is. I got emails from all over the world.

I have to say that that stroked the ole ego like a Coo-Chee does to Mr. Happy after she has polished off a few glasses of wine.

It was fun. For awhile.

However , I was getting 50-100 Emails a day, and I felt like I should answer them all. And I did. I loved getting them, but the blog was quickly becoming almost like a job.

Some of you also know that I’m highly allergic to having a job. So it became less fun.

Then , out of the blue came some interesting offers. People wanting to advertise on the blog, people wanting to market the blog, etc.

I turned them all down.

Believe it or not I was actually contacted by a person in MSU athletics to do something concerning State athletics. ( Funny, a year before I was screaming for heads to roll there, and the next year they want me to do something)

I turned that down too.

Then the biggie came. A media deal.

Long story short, I was contacted by a media company about a TV and magazine deal. I brushed it off at first figuring it was a scam. But they were persistent. So I invited them down. They must have liked what they saw because they offered me a hell of a deal.

A pilot reality TV program and some writing assignments about fishing all over the world, with a Saddawg twist to them.

During the dinner with them I didn't hear much of what they were saying because my attention was drawn to the outstanding set of lungs on a production assistant they had with them.

But I snapped back to reality when they offered the deal. This was real. They even had a check made out.

These morons were offering this deal to a committed slacker who drinks too much, sleeps too much, asses off too much, and who posts stupid crap about his life, opinions, and State athletics on a damn blog.

If they were stupid enough to offer I was stupid enough to consider it.

This deal would have changed my life and my lifestyle.

I would have to actually do what I considered work.

And, I would have lost the thing I care about the most and the only thing I have ever worked for....

My privacy.

It surprised no one who actually knows me, that after thinking it over, I turned it down. I couldn’t see subjecting me and my friends to that kind of attention, so I just shut it down and disappeared until everybody left me alone.

If you saw my last blog post, that was my answer to them. That’s how I told them no. With a damn video on the blog.

It blew their minds. They wanted me checked for mental stability.

I know I’m nuts.

Funny thing is they think they are sane. You gotta be a raving psycho to offer a deal like that to a no talent bum like me to be on TV and write articles.

They sweeten the deal some. I told them to piss off again. After a few days they got the message and quit bugging me.

A guy I like a lot once said, “ The only good thing about money is that it gives you the power to be left alone.”

That’s all I’ve ever wanted. I’m not greedy. I have enough to pretty much be left alone.

But lately I got to thinking about how much I enjoyed the blog before it got too big. I loved getting the feedback that came with it. My favorite moment was the night of the Egg Bowl in ‘08 when I got the call from a friend that Croom was going to be gone the next day. I got over 2,000 hits on the page that one night.

So last month Dawgstudent and I got together and decided to bring it back where it all began.

The Pack is where Saddawg was created ( although not totally by me, try and figure that out).

It is my true internet home. The blog would have never gotten so big if it weren’t for the Six Pack.

Here it can be what it was meant to be.... fun.

And smaller.

Because now if you want to hear my stupid drivel and ranting, or (as most of you only care about) see the Coo-Chees, you will have to do it here in our small neck of the interwebs.

No stupid ass facebook, myspace, or twitter. Just here, where it began and where it belongs.

All Sixpack, all the time.

I look forward to this and look forward to your feedback. You will have the option to reply and give me hell if you want to. Speak your mind. And have a thick hide.

Quite a few things have happened at State since I quit blogging, so there’s plenty to catch up on.

I will still have contributors,outside ideas, and info who I will reference from time to time.

Here, anything goes. No telling what the hell I may write about here.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">This</span> is mine, if it sucks, it’s all on me.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">This</span> will be the end of all bullshit, no Kool-Aid here.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">This</span> is not for kids and those easily offended.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">This</span> is not for Namby Pamby politically correct Jack Wagons.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">This</span> will be the way I always wanted it.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">This</span> is where I’ve always belonged.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">This</span> is gonna be raw.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">This</span> is gonna be ugly.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">This</span> is gonna be fun.

<font style="font-weight: bold;" size="5">THIS.......... IS SADDAWG SPEAKING!
</font>
<span style="font-weight: bold;"><font size="5">Welcome aboard.</font></span>

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/964265a13eb97b88980f7085a1299df8edcf0f86.jpg

<span id="temp-0"><span> <span id="temp-1"><span> <embed src="http://sixpackspeak.com/saddawg_beastie.mp3" autostart="true" allowScriptAccess="never" height="15" width="50" ></embed> </span> </span> </span><span> <span id="temp-0"> </span> </span><span> <span id="temp-0"> </span> </span> </span>

saddawg
08-29-2010, 04:06 AM
Since some people say I am the devil......Please allow me to re-introduce myself, I’m a man of wealth and taste, I’ve been around a long, long time,even though you’ve never seen my face.

Enough of that greetings and salutations bullshit.

Here’s the answer to the question “ Where have you been?”

As some of you know I had a blog called “ This Is Saddawg Speaking.”

It started out as a place where I could bitch and talk about whatever I wanted. I figured it would only be read by some miscreants from SixPack Speak and a few frustrated NAFOOMERS.

My readership soon branched out into about every country and continent there is. I got emails from all over the world.

I have to say that that stroked the ole ego like a Coo-Chee does to Mr. Happy after she has polished off a few glasses of wine.

It was fun. For awhile.

However , I was getting 50-100 Emails a day, and I felt like I should answer them all. And I did. I loved getting them, but the blog was quickly becoming almost like a job.

Some of you also know that I’m highly allergic to having a job. So it became less fun.

Then , out of the blue came some interesting offers. People wanting to advertise on the blog, people wanting to market the blog, etc.

I turned them all down.

Believe it or not I was actually contacted by a person in MSU athletics to do something concerning State athletics. ( Funny, a year before I was screaming for heads to roll there, and the next year they want me to do something)

I turned that down too.

Then the biggie came. A media deal.

Long story short, I was contacted by a media company about a TV and magazine deal. I brushed it off at first figuring it was a scam. But they were persistent. So I invited them down. They must have liked what they saw because they offered me a hell of a deal.

A pilot reality TV program and some writing assignments about fishing all over the world, with a Saddawg twist to them.

During the dinner with them I didn't hear much of what they were saying because my attention was drawn to the outstanding set of lungs on a production assistant they had with them.

But I snapped back to reality when they offered the deal. This was real. They even had a check made out.

These morons were offering this deal to a committed slacker who drinks too much, sleeps too much, asses off too much, and who posts stupid crap about his life, opinions, and State athletics on a damn blog.

If they were stupid enough to offer I was stupid enough to consider it.

This deal would have changed my life and my lifestyle.

I would have to actually do what I considered work.

And, I would have lost the thing I care about the most and the only thing I have ever worked for....

My privacy.

It surprised no one who actually knows me, that after thinking it over, I turned it down. I couldn’t see subjecting me and my friends to that kind of attention, so I just shut it down and disappeared until everybody left me alone.

If you saw my last blog post, that was my answer to them. That’s how I told them no. With a damn video on the blog.

It blew their minds. They wanted me checked for mental stability.

I know I’m nuts.

Funny thing is they think they are sane. You gotta be a raving psycho to offer a deal like that to a no talent bum like me to be on TV and write articles.

They sweeten the deal some. I told them to piss off again. After a few days they got the message and quit bugging me.

A guy I like a lot once said, “ The only good thing about money is that it gives you the power to be left alone.”

That’s all I’ve ever wanted. I’m not greedy. I have enough to pretty much be left alone.

But lately I got to thinking about how much I enjoyed the blog before it got too big. I loved getting the feedback that came with it. My favorite moment was the night of the Egg Bowl in ‘08 when I got the call from a friend that Croom was going to be gone the next day. I got over 2,000 hits on the page that one night.

So last month Dawgstudent and I got together and decided to bring it back where it all began.

The Pack is where Saddawg was created ( although not totally by me, try and figure that out).

It is my true internet home. The blog would have never gotten so big if it weren’t for the Six Pack.

Here it can be what it was meant to be.... fun.

And smaller.

Because now if you want to hear my stupid drivel and ranting, or (as most of you only care about) see the Coo-Chees, you will have to do it here in our small neck of the interwebs.

No stupid ass facebook, myspace, or twitter. Just here, where it began and where it belongs.

All Sixpack, all the time.

I look forward to this and look forward to your feedback. You will have the option to reply and give me hell if you want to. Speak your mind. And have a thick hide.

Quite a few things have happened at State since I quit blogging, so there’s plenty to catch up on.

I will still have contributors,outside ideas, and info who I will reference from time to time.

Here, anything goes. No telling what the hell I may write about here.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">This</span> is mine, if it sucks, it’s all on me.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">This</span> will be the end of all bullshit, no Kool-Aid here.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">This</span> is not for kids and those easily offended.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">This</span> is not for Namby Pamby politically correct Jack Wagons.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">This</span> will be the way I always wanted it.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">This</span> is where I’ve always belonged.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">This</span> is gonna be raw.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">This</span> is gonna be ugly.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">This</span> is gonna be fun.

<font style="font-weight: bold;" size="5">THIS.......... IS SADDAWG SPEAKING!
</font>
<span style="font-weight: bold;"><font size="5">Welcome aboard.</font></span>

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/964265a13eb97b88980f7085a1299df8edcf0f86.jpg

<span id="temp-0"><span> <span id="temp-1"><span> <embed src="http://sixpackspeak.com/saddawg_beastie.mp3" autostart="true" allowScriptAccess="never" height="15" width="50" ></embed> </span> </span> </span><span> <span id="temp-0"> </span> </span><span> <span id="temp-0"> </span> </span> </span>

Buford T. Justice
08-30-2010, 02:06 AM
asdf</p>

Big Sheep81
08-30-2010, 02:27 AM
You were truly and genuinely missed!!!

biguglyjoe
08-30-2010, 02:31 AM
He has asked me many, many times if you have returned. This will make his day. Glad you're back.

Coach34
08-30-2010, 02:38 AM

colodawg
08-30-2010, 02:39 AM
You have brightened up a rather dull and dreary Colorado morning!

BriantheDawg
08-30-2010, 02:41 AM
Here's to the coochees and to our football team not making you too sad this year.

Cheers.

skip dog
08-30-2010, 02:51 AM
I'll look forward to reading your literary diarrhea again.

I think I'll have a Woodford Reserve on the rocks w/ a splash of watertonight, less the water & the rocks, in celebration of some privacy.

BamaDave
08-30-2010, 03:30 AM
Just as every cop is a criminal and all you sinners saints.
As heads is tails just call me BamaDave because I'm in need of some restraint!

Well $@%* fire it is good to see you back! And just in time.

saddawg
08-30-2010, 03:34 AM
to the resident Bama fan of the Coo-Chee Cutter Crew.... Bama Dave.

Glad to see you were able to find the page, Bama Boy

MeridianDog
08-30-2010, 03:34 AM
Welcome home. Wasn't the same while you were gone.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-30-2010, 03:48 AM
Just kidding, glad to have you back at the Pack.

MrHooch
08-30-2010, 03:50 AM
<font face="Verdana" size="2">Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Back here where we need ya (Back here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

Yes it's Welcome Back, Kotter... I thought it wholly appropriate.
</font>

Trice
08-30-2010, 04:22 AM
Great to have you back my friend. I look forward to the season.

saddawg
08-30-2010, 04:36 AM
Trice, also known as the CCFT Minister of Information.

bulliegolfer
08-30-2010, 05:04 AM
;) That's what I live for. I'm also non-working slacker. And that's the way I want to keep it. So I understand your philosophy.

awalkerdog
08-30-2010, 05:09 AM
Thought you died in a meth explosion or something....</p>

scdog
08-30-2010, 06:35 AM
The world is back in alignment.

Maroon Eagle
08-30-2010, 07:52 AM

AssEndDawg
08-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Your wisdom, insight, and bullshit have been missed.

dudehead
08-30-2010, 10:10 AM
brought a smile. Glad you're back.

I missed the combination of the scenery and satire.

thatlonghairedguy
08-30-2010, 11:18 AM
and way to introduce yourself using my favorite Stones song.<div>
</div><div>
</div><div>This should be fun.</div>

MaroonInNashville
08-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Good to see you back! One of these damn days I'll come down for some fishing...

MiN aka The Country Singer...

saddawg
08-30-2010, 12:19 PM
the Coo - Chee Cutter's Offical Musician.... My boy Maroon In Nashville, who has also been serving his country.

saddawg
08-30-2010, 12:20 PM
he is the Crew's eyes and ears in Stark-Vegas

the peeper
08-30-2010, 12:42 PM
With all that time off I would think that a whole crop of new pictures would be waiting in line to be posted.

Frances Drebin
08-30-2010, 02:43 PM
...that you brought your no-talent ass back to our corner of the world. It hasn't been the same without you.

saddawg
08-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Drebin, The Great Giver of Peeping Croom.

And, along with Coach, the late great Jackass Bob, and I, an original member of the Fire Croom's ass from day one crowd.

DerHntr
08-30-2010, 03:58 PM
looking forward to it

Trice
08-31-2010, 01:50 AM
As I've stated before, it is both and honor and an insult to be part of this well oiled machine. Good to have you back, bro!

Skidawg
08-31-2010, 07:19 AM
Welcome back Saddawg, really missed you but mostly the Coo-Chee's

FQDawg
08-31-2010, 06:02 PM
Even if Rhymin' & Stealin' nearly scared the piss out of me when it loaded.

saddawg
09-03-2010, 01:07 AM
our Ship's Chaplain, colodawg.

The Good Lord knows that if any Crew ever needed some guidance, it's this one.

saddawg
09-03-2010, 02:33 AM
good to see you here, Skidawg

saddawg
09-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Bobby Labonte