PDA

View Full Version : Hangover Monday

saddawg
09-20-2010, 12:51 AM
Case of beer, half gallon of vodka, and you might as well say all of a fifth of Wild Turkey.

That was my personal tally starting Friday around 2 pm until some time late last night.

Plus about 25 football games watched.

8 beers and a quarter of the vodka for Friday night's mundane double header.

Half the vodka left for Bloody Mary's for the Saturday morning games, started the Turkey after lunch and wasn't much but feathers left after the Iowa- Az game.

The rest of the vodka for Sunday's Coo-Chee breakfast, and beer thru the Manning Bowl last night.

For some reason I'm a little sluggish this morn as the sun plays across the water.

Anyway, I was sober enough to watch the bi - annual penance of butt rape in Baton Rouge.

The game has been discussed to death on the main board, so I won't bore y'all with my drivel about it.

I will however look at the season as a whole so far.

It's about where I thought it would be. We are 1-2.

To be better than 5-7, I said we would have to be 2-2 after this next weekend. We still got a shot.

Before the season, I thought we would in all likely hood be 1-3. After Memphis I changed my mind and adjusted it to 2-2.

We'll see.

I still see some positives. The two losses are to pretty damn good teams.

You know the main difference, other than talent , between State and those two teams?

Either of those two would have caught the ball Berry dropped against Auburn. They may have slightly better talent than Leon, but that was a simple catch. HS kids can make it. Flag footballers make it.

That's really the difference in most teams. Look at the NFL. Nobody "sucks" in the NFL. Those are the .000001% of the population that are good enough to play at that level of football.

So why does an NFL team lose 14 games? Because they don't make a play that is there. They drop that pass.

Look at the LSU game the other night. We have gotten back in the game when Jordan throws in the right hook zone. State has a LB right where he is supposed to be. The ball goes right thru his hands on what should have been a normal int. LSU keeps the ball and then goes and scores.

Conversely, Russell is pressured and has the ball tipped, a fat ass lineman makes a juggling int on it. I think if the roles had been reversed, State's lineman juggles and drops it.

Either way that's a good play for the D, but LSU made it a great play.

Broomfield made a <span style="font-style: italic;">good</span> play against Auburn jumping the screen, it would have been a <span style="font-style: italic;">great</span> play if he picks it and scores.

Bottom line, we need to make the damn play.

That why I say I still see some positives. We needed one or two plays to be made by people who <span style="font-style: italic;">are right where they are supposed to be to make the play.</span>

That's the key, they are in position to make the play. Under Croom, they wouldn't have been in the neighborhood of the play.

LSU had to kick 5 FGs. In the past, it would have been 5 TDs.

Sure Auburn and LSU are better than us up front. They should be. But even though they are, they didn't just impose their will on us. The second half drive against LSU showed that.

The only concern I have are the special teams. They are not good. I'm a hell of a lot more worried about them than I am the O or the D.

Bowl teams make plays on O, D, and the SP teams.

If you want to go bowling Dawgs, it's real easy.

Just start making the damn play.

You will start winning then, and maybe save my liver.

Winning or rehab. One of the two needs to happen soon.

They don't serve whiskey in rehab, so please start making some plays.

Cheers.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad97/saddawg/Coo%20Chees/sd109.jpg

colodawg
09-20-2010, 02:54 AM
my liver is in better shape, our coochees are breaking out their fleece, we are waiting on our first snow, but otherwise i share you thoughts and agree 100%. make the play!

Trice
09-22-2010, 01:33 AM
Football prediction wise, anyway. I took our schedule and put W's and L's beside every game and so far I am spot on. I predicted a W for this next one. Bear in mind these were done about a month before we played a game. I am not so sure I would make that same pick right now, but it's on paper in ink...so I'm hoping for the best.

saddawg
09-22-2010, 10:24 AM
what the rest look like?

Trice
09-24-2010, 02:38 AM
I got us winning against GA for some reason.
Win Alcorn State
Lose Houston
Lose Florida
Win UAB
Win KY
Lose to Bama
Lose to AR just because we usually do no matter what
Win at #$#+

Of course these were done a couple of weeks before I ever saw us take snap. No real shockers or upsets I guess. I hope I am wrong about Houston now that Keenum is out. Hope KY isn't a spoiler. The others are pretty much chalk.

Trice
09-27-2010, 01:39 AM
Well, I got lucky and got another one right. Played the lottery Saturday and the luck didn't hold up. Knowing then what I do now about Keenum being out for Houston I would have picked us in that one. KY is a pivotal game now I think. I hope I am wrong about the AR game. If so we should have a better than expected season. Nice effort and execution in this last game. That's more like what I'd hoped for.

Trice
10-11-2010, 01:45 AM
I had us losing to Houston and this was my first incorrect pick of the year...and that is fine with me. I hope I am wrong on my next one too. FL looks beatable now. Not a sure bet going into the swamp and all, but not impossible. I am cautiously optimistic about the rest of the season. I see progress and I am happy about that.