PDA

View Full Version : Kicking Myself In The Ass

saddawg
10-18-2010, 01:37 AM
<br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">I didn't head up to G'Ville. I sat on my non-believing ass at the Lonesome and watched it on TV. </span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">What can I say other than what's been said on the main board?</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Well, not much. I'm happy as can be. I wish I had gone. Although I'm superstitious as hell and firmly think I would have jinxed us.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">I loved the game plan. A lot of folks are bitching we ran to much. That was the only shot we had.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">We didn't protect well when we did throw it, and Florida came in with 13 picks, I think. We put it up much much against LSU and it hurt us to the tune of 5 picks.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Once we got up 10, a buddy texted me from the game and cussed me for not being there. I texted him back that if State threw another pass as long as they were ahead, I would kick in the TV screen.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">And I meant it. We were moving the sticks and eating clock. Even after Florida scored, I was still saying "keep running". </span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Florida's problem was they didn't run it enough. I held my breath every time Burton was at QB. I relaxed when Brantley was in.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Florida's main problem is because Tebow's running left town.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">I don't know if Urban Meyer(sp) is struggling because Mullen left, but I do know he should have done what Dan was doing..... run the ball.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">And run it some more.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Dan knew what it was gonna take to win that game. Meyer got impatient. Or has forgotten his identity. </span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Burton gives them a better chance to win.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Just like Mullen's plan Saturday night gave State the best chance to win.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">I don't really give a damn what Florida's problems are. They are more talented, have more money, have bigger crowds, and have more tradition than State.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Simply put, and it can't be argued, Dan Mullen and staff out coached Florida's staff.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Brantley's dad said back in the summer that "Dan is Dan, and we are glad he took the MSU job."</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Well Mr. Brantley, I'm glad Dan is Dan. And I'm also very glad that he took the job.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">I bet Urban wouldn't agree with Mr. Brantley today.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Because Dan<span style="font-style: italic;"> is</span> Dan, and he did what it took to win. </span>

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad97/saddawg/Coo%20Chees/sd139.jpg

Original48
10-18-2010, 02:00 AM
It appears that our staff has learned a lot since the Auburn game. We should have done the exact same thing in the second half of that one.

MaxwellSmart
10-18-2010, 05:28 AM
<span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">"I don't know if Urban Meyer(sp) is struggling because Mullen left"

I think it is obvious that Urban is missing Dan. Their offense has been way down under Addazio,even with Tebow last year.</span>

FlabLoser
10-18-2010, 06:22 AM
The stronger and better conditioned teams wins running game marathons like what we put on UF. I bet our team is good at burpess. These will wear your ass out fast.

<span id="temp-1"><span> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PYfNA_lmkHM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" height="385" width="640" ></embed> </span> </span>