PDA

View Full Version : Hear Ye! Hear Ye!!! Cream Talk by Stallion - Week 8

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
10-24-2010, 06:42 AM
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%"><font face="Calibri">Good Sunday 6-Packers!</font></span></p>

</p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%"><font face="Calibri">Obviously this is not a very jubilant “talk” today because of the defeat in the plains that my Tigers received from the Auburn Newtons.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>The better team won yesterday and in my opinion, Cam Newton wrapped up the Heisman.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Of course, the Stallion could have done without the “Look at Me!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>I’m Cam Newton, the Savior!” celebration that was put on in the stands beginning with 35 seconds left to go in the game.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>For a second there, one may think that Newton was being recognized for having the cure for cancer.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>After that presentation, the Stallion can’t wait for somebody to light up Newton going up the middle because of that unclassy move, but maybe that was just me being bitter at that moment. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s going to happen until he gets to the NFL, because he is just filthy and unstoppable on the collegiate level.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>He’s Vince Young, Tim Tebow, and Trent Richardson all wrapped up in one and that’s a scary thought.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>He’s only going to get better, and the players around him will only keep getting better as more teams will try to figure out a way to stop the one-man wrecking crew.</font></span></p>

</p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%"><font face="Calibri">On the other side of the ball, the Stallion felt that LSU came out with a good game plan offensively and got away from it time and time again.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>LSU was consistently running the ball with Ridley, and even Jefferson had a decent running game especially in the first half.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>It seemed to keep Auburn off-balanced, but so many times Crowton outcoaches himself and calls ridiculous pass plays when they just are not necessary.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Of the ones that may have worked, dropped passes were killing the Tigers.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>In the second half, I have to give Auburn’s defensive line a lot of credit, especially Fairley who in my opinion is the best defensive lineman in the conference.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>But again, the lack of discipline by Wade Phillips Miles was evident after a critical 4th down timeout when they couldn’t even get the right personnel on the field.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>You can only imagine the smoke coming out of Stallion’s ears on that one.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>It is time to make a change at LSU, by getting an offensive coordinator in here that can get a handle the ebb and flow of the offense much the same way that the defense has right now.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Gus Malzahn would be a role model for any offensive coordinator to follow.</font></span></p>

</p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%"><font face="Calibri">As far as the rest of the SEC goes, congratulations to the Mississippi State Bulldogs for becoming bowl-bound yesterday.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>You along with Baylor have done the unthinkable and put up 6 wins prior to November.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>The Stallion agrees with the Godfather that it was a flat performance and a hangover from the Florida game, but those are the games that separate the good teams from the elite.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>The Dawgs dodged a bullet on Saturday night.</font></span></p>

</p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%"><font face="Calibri">The other Dawgs in the SEC have come to life since the return of AJ Green.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>They need a lot of help from the rest of the division to hand South Carolina a couple of losses, and the Stallion doesn’t think that will happen.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>However, Richt can be taken off life support in a positive manner now, because he’s recovering nicely now that his star is back.</font></span></p>

</p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%"><font face="Calibri">On another note, have you ever seen a year where the SEC looks more like the PAC-10 defensively than a typical SEC defense.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>The offenses are way ahead of the defenses (unless you are playing LSU), and it has made for some exciting football this year.</font></span></p>

</p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%"><font face="Calibri">And to end the introduction on a strong factual note, the Black Bears are still winless as Black Bears.</font></span></p>

</p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><font face="Calibri">Now for Week 7’s rankings:
</font></span><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: Calibri"><font face="Calibri">
1)</font></span><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"> </span><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><font face="Calibri">Auburn –<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>The cream recipe called for a twist this week, because of the domination of two players – Cam Newton, offensively<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>and Nick Fairley, defensively.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Even Bama now looks like they will be having a hard time stopping these two guys.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>The Stallion doesn’t see it happening for the Tide this year.
</font></span><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><font face="Calibri">
2)<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Alabama – Shaky start in Rocky Top, turns into massacre in the land of puke orange.
</font></span><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><font face="Calibri">
3)<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>LSU – Defense was humbled.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Offense remained disgraceful.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Coaching remained illogical.
4)<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>South Carolina – Even Lattimore-less, you can handle Vandy.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Unfortunately, there won’t be any Gladiator references for the Spaniard this week.
5)<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Arkansas – Mallett and Co. is just too much offensively to keep them out of the top 5.
6)<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Miss. State – Avoided a meltdown of epic proportions in Starkville due to making a huge play on a kickoff return in the waning minutes.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Let’s hope that’s just a look-ahead performance and not a representative one.
7)<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Georgia – Keeps on truckin’ ahead with a date in Jacksonville looming next weekend.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span><span style="mso-spacerun: yes">
</span></font></span><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><font face="Calibri">
8)<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Florida -<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Urban checked in to the hospital this weekend during his open date only to find out he’s having a baby.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>The nausea from the Miss. St. game can now be explained.
9)<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Kentucky – Offensively, they are dangerous.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Defensively…do they have one?
10)<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Ole Miss – I think we can honestly say that Masoli was not worth the trouble for this season’s output.
</font></span><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: Calibri"><font face="Calibri">
11)</font></span><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"> </span><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><font face="Calibri">Tennessee – I now figured out why Saban thought so highly of Dooley.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>He knows that there will be a guaranteed victory for Alabama every year against Tennessee.
</font></span><font face="Calibri"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">
1</span><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: Calibri">2)</span></font><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"> </span><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><font face="Calibri">Vanderbilt – The Stallion is speechless.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Just because I just don’t care.</font></span></p>

</p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><font face="Calibri">Hot Boudin – Cam Newton War Eagles – That 49-yd TD alone got him the award.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Simply amazing.</font></span></p>

</p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">
<font face="Calibri">Cold Couscous – <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>Kentucky is deserving of the award.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>The Bluegrass boys had the opportunity to make a run but as typical in college football, the emotional roller coaster is hard to keep steady to win big game after big game.</font></span></p>

</p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">
<font face="Calibri">Love,
Stallion</font></span></p>

</p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%"></span></p>

<font face="Calibri"></font></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%"></span></p>

<font face="Calibri"></font></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"><font face="Calibri"> </font></span></span></p>

</p>

TUSK
10-24-2010, 06:49 AM
nm

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
10-24-2010, 07:02 AM
However, they are so anemic on offense that I just have a hard time betting on them against a top 10 team. I thought for sure they would be able to put up more points on Auburn's defense but Fairley dominated our offensive line and disrupted any timing we had in the second half. LSU had chances in the first half against the defense but Crowton is scared to call plays for Jefferson b/c of his inability to put a ball on the numbers.

So if you asked me who I would take - it's easy - Alabama by 2 TDs.

Shmuley
10-24-2010, 07:11 AM
LUS if their pirot was flaming, but that little "check my ass out" shit the camburglar pulled at the end put him firmly in the lead for piece of shit of the year. That MFer and his f'n whore dad can go F themselves and the mule they're riding. I hope that self aggrandizing whore gets his ass crushed. No place for that shit.

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
10-24-2010, 07:12 AM
I can even handle something like that after the game is over like Peyton Manning used to do with UT's band. But this isn't the WWE. That was just obnoxious!

Original48
10-24-2010, 07:21 AM
along with Auburn.

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
10-24-2010, 07:34 AM
if that happened.

GTAdawg
10-24-2010, 07:34 AM
Where's the faith? Home field could be vital for the Bayou Bengals against Bama. I thought LSU did about as good as theycould against the Mule in Jordan-Hare. I mean, they were only one big play from tieing the game up and sending it to OT. They played better than I expected. And maybe with the help of the bye week to rest up they can cook up something good for the Tide...

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
10-24-2010, 07:46 AM
The reason why AU v. LSU was closer than 2 or even 3 TDs was for the following reasons.

1) LSU's special teams played out of their mind especially the two punters pinning AU inside the 10 at least 3 to 4 times. Field position was huge for keeping the game that close.
2) LSU cannot move the ball on anyone. It doesn't matter the defense - Auburn, McNeese, West Virginia, Vandy, LSU has no flow or momentum switching QB's and RB's like they do. Jarrett Lee needs to play more to be effective. Steven Ridley should be treated like Jacob Hester for the offense to be successful. Those are the two guys that give you the best opportunity to move the ball. Jefferson had his best game since N. Carolina but it wasn't really that good of a game by him. He was effective b/c he ran the ball in the first half. Saban will shut him down. Auburn's secondary was depleted and we did a horrible job of exploiting that. Bama's is better.
3) 28-14 doesn't seem outrageous to me as a predicted score between Bama and LSU.
4) Bama has multiple weapons on offense - Trent Richardson, Maze, J. Jones, Ingram, etc. You can't key on one person. LSU tried to key on C. Newton, but didn't contain him. The others just ran wild on LSU's defense. I do think LSU matches up better with Bama than Auburn b/c McIlroy doesn't exactly scare me with his feet. So if we can put pressure on him and stop the run we have a shot.

I hope I'm wrong. Guaranteed Vegas sets the odds greater than 7 points in this game.</p>

Indndawg
10-24-2010, 07:47 AM
on Nov 6 and taking some Tide playuhz down. Esp that red-headed prick #12. Problem is will Less Smiles or Jordan Jeff. grow a brain in the mean time?

You gotta give it to the Yellowhammuh state, they have 2 asshole, douchebag, cunt-licking QB's. Can't decide which I dislike more.

GTAdawg
10-24-2010, 07:53 AM
I do think LSU matches up better with Bama than Auburn b/c McIlroy doesn't exactly scare me with his feet. So if we can put pressure on him and stop the run we have a shot. There is the optimism i'm looking for. I would agree that LSU does match up better with Bama. I also would agree on your statement about the line for the game also.

prettygooddawg
10-24-2010, 07:57 AM
I tried to watch with interest as how your "D" was tackling the wheel-horse. Just can't hit above in his power gotta go down low as you can go. Some did, but not enough; no big gallute likes to get flipped up-side down, but that's the only way I know he could be stopped consistently.

You failed to mention, "Derek the Great".[5..FIVE FGs, fifteen points!]Theyshouldcarry him around in a golden chariot to classes this week.

BCash
10-24-2010, 07:57 AM
That piece of shit and his towel should be shot in the street. His sole job is to stand on the sidelines and act like a complete jackass. it's like AU hired a guy to cater to the "look at me" piss pour attitude of today's athletes.

FlabLoser
10-24-2010, 08:18 AM
</p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt; line-height: normal;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Calibri">Hot Boudin – FlabLoser for nailing the attendance prediction. Maybe he should get cold couscous for not playing the lottery instead.</font></span></p>

</p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"><span style="font-size: 12pt; line-height: 115%;"></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"><font face="Calibri"></font><span style="font-size: 12pt; line-height: 115%;"><span style=""><font face="Calibri">
</font></span></span></p>

</p>
Fixed that for you.

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
10-24-2010, 08:20 AM

GTAdawg
10-24-2010, 08:20 AM
</p><p style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class="MsoNormal"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><font face="Calibri">Hot Boudin – FlabLoser for nailing the attendance prediction. Maybe he should get cold couscous for not playing the lottery instead.</font></span></p>

</p>
<p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class="MsoNormal"><span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"></span></p><p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class="MsoNormal"><font face="Calibri"></font><span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span><font face="Calibri">
</font></span></span></p>

</p>
Fixed that for you.

has there ever been an official alteration to cream talk after being posted? This could be ground breaking

Requiem For A Dawg
10-24-2010, 08:29 AM
Embarrassment to civilization. He acts like a cross between a 5 year old on a sugar high and somebody from the NWO Wolfpack.

Todd4State
10-24-2010, 09:26 AM
And I guess that leads me to- does he even coach?

I mean, it's kind of hard when all you're doing is waving a towel around all game long.

skip dog
10-24-2010, 11:06 AM
post it

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
10-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Certainly it will come up soon

KurtRambis4
10-24-2010, 11:53 AM

Lion O
10-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Offense hasn't been the problem. The defense hasn't stopped anyone, and that is why Ole Miss is 3-4 instead of 5-2.

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
10-24-2010, 01:31 PM
But your offense isn't very good either. Yes you put up 48 against J-ville State...big freaking deal. That may give the Bears 4 wins instead of 3.

But your offense was horrendous against Vanderbilt. Your offense was horrendous against Bama. Your offense was horrendous against Arkansas (who might have a weaker defense than J-Ville State). So if you want to make your argument that Masoli is the savior by all means, the sixpack board would love to hear it.

And was it worth the trouble to bring him back, if your defense was going to suck this badly. Maybe Ole Piss should have concentrated on that part of the ball instead.

BCash
10-24-2010, 02:10 PM
Assistant head coach? Are you kidding me?

Lion O
10-24-2010, 02:13 PM
You would think that, for as long as you have posted here, you would know the rules by now. Ole Piss? Really?

As for the rest of your post....

The offense was terrible against Vandy? You might be able to make that point, but 3 turnovers vs 0 turnovers might have had something to do with a lack of scoring. The difference in the game was two turnovers, one by Masoli and one not.

The offense was terrible against the best scoring defense and second best overall defense in the league? OK, sure.....alot of offenses have sucked against Alabama's defense this year.

It was horrible against Arkansas? 512 yards with Masoli putting up 425. Oh, by the way, the total output was more than the great Arkansas offense that you touted in this same thread.

And hell yes it was worth it to get Masoli. Ole Miss had 2 scholarship QBs on campus before Masoli. Maybe that's how the The Hat rolls, but its a little different when neither have any SEC experience.

Of course Masoli was worth it. Are you seriously debating that getting Masoli wasn't worth it? Really? I mean, I'm a dubmass, but your side in this debate is one of the most foolish thought processes I have ever seen, anywhere.

dawgstudent
10-24-2010, 02:24 PM
you are still 3-5. I don't know what your record would have been with Stanley at QB but I guess Stallion expected more out of Ole Miss.

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
10-24-2010, 02:37 PM
you are going to disagree with whatever I write. The point is that it wasn't worth pursuing Masoli if the results are the same with or without him. Ole Miss sux this year. And Dawgstudent is right.

Lion O
10-24-2010, 02:40 PM
The suckitude of the defense has been astounding and something that almost nobody would've predicted.

I think all of the hoopla was definitely worth it...the kid has carried the offense this year minus one game (Fresno).

I think everyone expected more out of the team as far as wins, but Masoli has been worth it offensively...he gives us a chance in every single game despite the defense.

Lion O
10-24-2010, 02:40 PM
I just disagree that Masoli wasn't worth it.

Stallion4Tiiigaaahhhs
10-24-2010, 02:42 PM
win games. Instead your losing an opportunity to groom a QB for the future. Results are the same.

Todd4State
10-24-2010, 02:42 PM
is a good place to put someone where they can't cause any damage. And wave a few towels.

Also, even more shocking, on BDJ, there was a rumor posted that Mahlzahn was going to Texas A&M as the HC with Trooper Taylor as the.....drumroll please.........................................off ensive coordinator.

I guess Gus learned from Nutt that if you are going to call the plays anyway, don't hire someone competent as the OC.

I have to wonder if Trooper will be waving towels in the press box.

FreeDawg
10-24-2010, 02:46 PM
so houston nutt running ray cotton out of town to get to 2 scolarship qb's made it worth it to pursue masoli. Name 1 game masoli made adifference in a win or loss. the record would be the exact same without him, so no it was not worth it if you consider ole miss having a future. You could be developing a qb who can start for a few years. but houston is in the business of helping covicts, i mean kids.

BriantheDawg
10-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Yes, Masoli has played pretty well for OM, but they are looking at a losing season and no bowl game as it stands now. And because OM brought him in for this one season, they are going to be in the exact same situation, as far as the qb position is concerned, next season. If you're not going to win at least 6 or 7 games with him, he's not worth it....because Stanley could have gotten some experience and helped build the offense going into next year. Now, this year and probably at least next year, are screwed for the Bears.

FlabLoser
10-24-2010, 02:54 PM
I just disagree that Masoli wasn't worth it.
Masoli was worth living through a losing record instead of getting next year's QB more experience this year?

dawgstudent
10-24-2010, 03:02 PM
and regardless if their offense has done well enough to win - they are still 3-5. And the effort to bring in Masoli isn't producing wins as it stands now.

I really think bringing in Masoli totally messed things up in the beginning chemistry wise. Ole Miss looked lost in their first 3 games and that's what is going to make them stretch for 6 wins.

BriantheDawg
10-24-2010, 03:09 PM
I don't think it was. I would think most reasonable OM fans would think along those same lines as well.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Stanley, a QB with limited mobility, would be a sitting duck with the Mississippi Black Bears OLine. He would have taken more abuse than Fant did in the 2002 and 2003 campaigns. Masoli's mobility is the only thing that prevents that kind of abuse with a suspect OLine.

Todd4State
10-24-2010, 03:23 PM
they sent a message to Stanley that they didn't believe in him. And now, they run the risk of him transferring. And then what? Randall Mackey? Mikhail Miller? Whitt Haggard?

What I find amusing about the whole thing is now that Masoli is gone, Oregon has really taken off.

Basically, Ole Miss has cut off their nose for a win over Fresno and maybe Kentucky so far.

Lion O
10-24-2010, 03:47 PM
about it, but I think the general consensus is yes, it was worth it. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

And Stanley won't be the starter next year anyways, even if he doesn't transfer. Mackey wouldn't have been ready this year, either.

dawgstudent
10-25-2010, 12:32 AM
would you have taken Masoli or played Stanley?

chew1095
10-25-2010, 01:14 AM
but arent the Bears 3-4 right now (sarcasm).

Big Sheep81
10-25-2010, 01:20 AM
Had a rare visit with a rational UM fan at our tailgate. His wife attended State. He did not think Masoli was worth all the work because according to him "It really upset the chemistry of the team". He said between Masoli coming in and division among the players over him and Cotton leaving the team was shakey early and the losses to JSU and Vandy really took it's toll. He said Nutt was trying to find a way to win 7-8 games and keep the momentum from the last two years going til he could get some players ready/in.

He also said he had written the UM admin to tell them that the Bear choice was a debacle and they should step up and say they made a mistake and would back up and look at this again later. He said $$$ had dried up and there was a huge amount of discord.

He said Masoli helped them stay in some games but in the long run would not be worth it.

Johnson85
10-25-2010, 02:30 AM
Just curious b/c that makesa big difference in how I see bringing in Masoli (even if Cotton's not great, he's still a scholarship qb that's been in the system). If UM makes it to 6 wins, no brainer it was a good decision. If they're 5-7, maybe it would have been better to have Stanley play, although maybe would have just resulted in him being a sitting duck, and for recruiting 5-7 is still better than 3-9. If Cotton left b/c of Masoli being brought in, then I would say in hindsight, if you're not making it to a bowl regardless you'd rather keep your 4 star recruit on campus.

Lion O
10-25-2010, 03:43 AM
Yes I would because it saves a year of eligibility for Mackey. He will have two years to start after having two fall practices and one Spring in the offense.

Stanley is a decent QB but he isnt the future. Right now it is Mackey for two years followed by Mikhail Miller...unless we sign someone better (which I hope will happen).

I think the thing that is missed in this discussion is that Stanley might be in a full body cast after being behind this OL and Mackey wasnt ready. I definitely think Masoli was worth it.

Shmuley
10-25-2010, 03:55 AM
there is apparent dissension and bad chemistry on a nutt coached team. I mean, there's just no precedent for that at all. Shocking.

[/pulls finger and farts]

dawgstudent
10-25-2010, 04:31 AM

Johnson85
10-25-2010, 05:21 AM
How could you not take Masoli when you only have Stanley and Mackey? And the additional year of eligibility for Mackey is another plus.If Mackeyis good enoughto play, no way that giving him an extra year in the system helps the qb situation in the future. If he's not good enough to play, then that'seven more of a reason why you have to take Masoli.