PDA

View Full Version : Mule Story Timeline Sheds Some Light

saddawg
11-05-2010, 02:58 AM
<span style="font-weight: bold;">I was gonna take a bye week myself, but this is too much for me not to spout off about. I debated main board or here, but decided it was too long a post for the MB.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Here is the timeline as I understand it.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">1) Rogers contacts Bond after Egg Bowl with a price.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">
2) Bond contacts </span><span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;">Byrne</span><span style="font-weight: bold;"> immediately.</span> <span style="font-weight: bold;">(Before Cam signs anywhere)</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">
3) Byrne sends info to the SEC that is called " Limited information" by the SEC</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">
4) Byrne leaves in the <span style="font-style: italic;">spring</span></span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">
5) The SEC says it received "specific information" in </span><span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">July</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">6) Bond interviewed by the NCAA within the</span><span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"> last month</span><span style="font-weight: bold;">.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">
7) Story breaks yesterday</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">
Now, it seems to me that the info Byrne gave the conference, the SEC
called bullshit on it. Limited info is bureau speak for , "we don't
believe it."</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">
But all of a sudden in July the SEC says it got specific information. That is bureau speak for evidence. </span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">
Of the parties concerned, this evidence came from one of five places,
and the Newtons and Auburn are quickly eliminated. They didn't turn
themselves in.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">
That leaves State, Rogers, and someone unknown party that would benefit from this coming to light.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">
State got called bullshit on when they first reported it. Did they find new evidence?</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">
Rogers could have turned after getting stiffed by the Newtons. He would damn sure have some evidence.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">
The unknown party would have been digging for evidence. Looks like maybe they found it.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">
State may possibly be involved only to the extent of making that first report.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Who knows?</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">But I will say this.... some reporter from the NYT's or ESPN didn't just decide to call John Bond out of the blue. </span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Somebody leaked the info.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold;">I really don't think it was Bond because he has nothing to gain by coming forward. In fact he's smart enough to know how big this is going to be. He also knows that he will be hounded for it. I don't see Bond bringing that down on himself for the fun of it.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">These reporters had their story and contacted Bond for a quote which he released thru an attorney. </span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">That means he held them off for awhile while crafting a carefully worded statement. </span>

<span style="font-weight: bold;">Who would stand the most to gain from this coming out now? Do the math. </span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">No matter how it broke, is anyone really surprised that there were shenanigans related to the way Newton ended up at Auburn? </span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">In the words of Flounder...." Oh Boy this is gonna be great!"</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Yes, it should be fun to watch how it all "plays" out.</span>

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad97/saddawg/Funny/i_love_heart_my_mule_embroidered_hat-p233680099391289086af8xh_400.jpg

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad97/saddawg/Coo%20Chees/sd47.jpg

Chuck Finley
11-05-2010, 03:39 AM
Bond was contacted in the first place. Was it because he knew this Rogers guy or was it because somebody thought he would help broker the deal? Sorry if this has already been discussed elsewhere.

saddawg
11-05-2010, 03:49 AM
Rogers and Bond played together at State

My opinion........

The story was leaked to reporters. Bond's name came up, and they called him for his side. He tells them hang on a few days, hires a lawyer, then releases a statement crafted with the lawyers help.

I don't believe Bond went public. I believe the story led to him and he responded.

thunderclap
11-05-2010, 05:03 AM
is there supposed to be something else there?

tommyboy1520
11-05-2010, 05:09 AM
First thing I saw.

vandaldawg
11-05-2010, 05:10 AM
I know I might get kicked in the teeth for saying this, but this is why I think Rogers contacted Bond. Totally a hunch, so smash it to bits if you think I'm wrong.

I'm assuming, and I don't think I'm alone here, that Rogers is a day-old piece of shit. Rogers is a former MSU player and Bond teammate, and probably thought he could be the hero to his school and get a nice commission out of it if he brokered the sale. So why does he contact Bond? Because Rogers probably remembered that Bond had a significant rough patch a while back in his own life, and this would be the guy to go through for some dirty dealings. What Rogers didn't know or count on is that a) Bond has long since gotten his life together, is a stand-up guyand is doing well, and b) loves MSU and would never endanger it's well-being.

So while Rogers thought he was going to the right guy, indeed he was going to the exact wrong one (from Rogers' perspective of course).

saddawg
11-05-2010, 05:25 AM
I have no idea <span style="font-style: italic;">why</span> he called Bond. Just when he called.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt
11-05-2010, 06:00 AM
I'm trying to piece the timeline together from the Newton's perspective.<div>
</div><div>1) September 2009 - Cecil Newton gets a 6-month extension to renovate his church. This gives him until March to get the money. His son is being recruited by several schools, but mainly Mississippi State which is seen to be the favorite. Cam sees that his father is in a bit of trouble and wants to help him out any way he can. Cam will not be the one to get the money, but implicitly knows that if his father tells him to go somewhere else, it's because he has the money.</div><div>
</div><div>2) September to November 2009 - Cameron Newton demolishes the competition in Juco ball. Cecil Newton is waiting for some kind of monetary offer to come from Mississippi State boosters.</div><div>
</div><div>3) November 28, 2009 - Cam makes his official visit to State and is ringing the cowbell. Cecil is a bit dismayed that no offer has been made by State. With NSD about 2 months away and his deadline to get his church renovation underway a little over 3 months away, he decides to get an agent. The agent will first make an offer to State since it will not look unusual if State ends up with Newton. State not only doesn't bite, but turns in the Newtons.</div><div>
</div><div>4) December 2009 - Cecil has to have the money, so his agent puts out more feelers and at least gets a bite from Auburn. With State all but publicly out of the picture, Cam Newton makes visits to Oklahoma and Auburn. It is not known if Oklahoma made an offer or if it was a poor attempt at a red herring to make it seem that Newton was genuinely interested in other schools as a singular visit to Auburn would have aroused more suspicion. During his Auburn visit, he has a sit down with Trooper Taylor and is ensured that everything will be all right.</div><div>
</div><div>5) December 31, 2009 - The money is in and Cam Newton commits to Auburn.</div><div>
</div><div>Possible additions: Oklahoma money, the Tennessee talk in May 2009, other schools?</div>

Chuck Finley
11-05-2010, 07:08 AM
Thanks vandal. I guess that was my assumption too, but I didn't know that JB had straightend up. My most recent memory of him was getting wasted at Flo's and hitting on college chicks (he may still hit on college chicks, I dunno). Anyway, glad he is back on the track and looks as if doing the right thing for MSU.

Daddy Rabbit Dawg
11-05-2010, 10:58 AM
that Meyer told the NY Times reporter to contact Bond. Best I can figure is that the reporter didn't have all the info, contacted Meyer and he said Bond for the whole story.