PDA

View Full Version : Egg Bowl And Season Re-Cap

saddawg
11-30-2010, 03:14 AM
<br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Once again I keep my Egg Bowl prediction percentage way up. Said we should win because we were better. Missed Ole Miss's score by 1 and State's by 4. I said 3 point game and it was 8.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">It really shouldn't have been. If Broomfield makes the easy pick in the 4th or Wright earlier, this one would be what it should have been, a blowout.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">But I'll take it all day and twice on Sunday. Just a 1 point win over them is as good as a 100.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Just win it baby.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Notice Mullen said in the locker room after the game that "we" are never gonna lose this game. </span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Now, we all know that's heat of the moment smack talk. Of course "we" will lose this game again sometime.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Only scary thing is Mullen could be right. If by "we" he means himself, Diaz, Balis, and Hevesey.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">If they leave before the next one, he is right.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">However, I don't see it happening. Not this year anyway. Although I do see folks making a run at Diaz. He'll be a lot tougher to keep.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">As for the season I said 6-6. I had us losing to Fla. and Georgia or Ole Miss. I figured we would lose 2 of those 3.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">This team did a pretty damn good job this year. Bama and LSU were the only two teams to flat out beat us, and we gave LSU a lot of help really.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">We had a chance to win/tie at the end of the Mule Game, and played Arktoothless to overtime.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">That's a 0-4 record against teams that went a combined 41- 7. No shame in that.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Also a friend of mine sent me an e-mail pointing out that we went 8-4 in a year when Bama, AU, LSU ,and Ark were very good. Rarely does that happen.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">I'll catch flack for this, but in the past State and Ole Miss win 8 or more games when those teams are down or mediocre.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Bottom line we won every game we should have won. In hindsight, we were a better team than Fla. and Ga. this year. We should have, and did, win those games.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Mullen, staff ,and team did a hell of a job this year. Flip those Ark. and AU scores and the bowl season, not to mention the BCS, would be a sight to see right now.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Bottom line, (and as most of you know there is no more realistic State fan than me,) Mullen is doing all I will ever ask of a coach in football at State............ he's taking our asses to a bowl game.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Never will I be unsatisfied with that.</span>

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad97/saddawg/Ole%20Miss/OXPZRGRYAATHGAC20101128050319.jpg

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad97/saddawg/Coo%20Chees/cc176.jpg

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2010, 02:05 PM
was Mullen's stupid decision to kick the 47-yard FG. Every State fan in the stadium knew DePasquale couldn't kick it that far and was begging Mullen to go. Instead, he kicks, we miss, and you could feel the momentum turn. We had been running the ball down their throats and we don't have a reliable kicking game. GO FOR IT! If we couldn't get a yard against a worn down Black Bear D, we didn't deserve it. But at least try to get your FG in a better position. Hell, I think we get the TD if we get the first down there. Plus, I hated the play calling after we got up 31-9. We took our foot off the gas. Stopped getting the ball to Perk in space, stopped taking deep shots. Can't do that against good teams.

saddawg
12-01-2010, 01:44 AM
<br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">I wanted him to go for it, too. I thought he had a better chance of getting a yard than making that kick. </span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">But I can't bitch too much because he had made all the right decisions to have us way ahead at that point.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">I still think if Relf doesn't fumble down on their end, or Broomfield makes that pick, we win by more than 21.</span> <br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Hey, like I said, I really don't give a shit now. As someone who LOVES to bitch, I just can't now.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">We won and now we are bowling. Even <span style="font-style: italic;">I</span> can't bitch about that.</span>