PDA

View Full Version : Looking Back...... And Ahead

saddawg
09-19-2011, 02:47 AM
<br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">I've heard some people say "if we had done this" or "if we had done that."</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Hey people......bullshit. We could play LSU 10 times and we would lose them all.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Although the gap has closed somewhat, LSU is just bigger,faster, and stronger. They are just better.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">So here we sit 1-2. Sound familiar? Win this coming week, and then win 4 out of the next 8 to get back to a bowl. And yes, getting back to a bowl, any bowl, is a big deal for State this year.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Best thing is, LSU is not one of the 8. </span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">UGA, SC, ARK. are decent, but they aren't LSU. (Bama will be a repeat of this last week, so actually we gotta win 4 out of 7)</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">The Bears are also 1-2. While State has already played LSU and Auburn, the Bears still have them on the schedule. Ouch. They are 1-2 having played BYU(who got torched at home, and come to think of it now, their close game in Oxford now shows how good they are), SIU and Vandy.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">I've seen Vandy win against Ole Miss, but I've never seen Vandy beat Ole Miss. And that's what it was..... a beatdown.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">As LSU looked more talented than State, Vandy looked the same against Ole Miss.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Does Vandy have more talent than Ole Miss? I really don't think so. Player for player, Ole Miss should be better. But Vandy has a better team right now.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">I give Hootie as much hell as anyone, but I think he is a good coach. Has he burned out? Is he too old? Who knows?</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">My take is that he has lost his football beliefs. He is old school. Pound the rock and play action pass with good backs and a big line. He's gotten away from that for some reason.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">And I truly believe Masoli was the downfall. It destroyed team chemistry and trust. It was a panic move, that blew up in his face.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">All that said, it wouldn't surprise me if ole Hootie got them back playing a little better because he is cornered and may go back to what he believes in.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">He better because that schedule is just now gonna get tough.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">As for State, I'm still keeping the even keel.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">I didn't panic last year and I'm not gonna start panicking now.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Trust me, I'll let you know when that time comes.</span>

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad97/saddawg/Coo%20Chees/sd272.jpg