PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 Recap

saddawg
10-04-2011, 02:45 AM
<span style="font-weight: bold;">First let's get Ole Miss out of the way.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Good job, Johnnies, you beat Fresno. By less domination than you did last year. You went 4-8 last year. You now have Bama, Auburn, and Arky. for the next three games. </span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Good Luck!!!</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Now for State..........</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">I have to confess that since I left the game at halftime(see the reason why in the post below) and only saw basically the 4th quarter, I had to recap by DVR.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">First off, I really think Relf has a bad left shoulder. Others that I have been talking to think the same. It's pretty much our consensus that he hurt it against AU or early against LSU. That would explain a lot.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;"> Like why Relf isn't banging it up in there. Relf always fell forward. Lately he has been straight up </span><span style="font-weight: bold;">and being be pushed back.</span><span style="font-weight: bold;"> He went out of the game after falling on the left shoulder, not taking a lick on it.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Like why we went from an option team to a non option team. It's been my experience that option blocking is easier than zone or power. There is a reason the Service Academies run a lot of option. They can compete with better athletes with under sized linemen.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Speaking of linemen, State's are not playing too well. </span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">I know, I know, "Thanks for the insight Captian Obvious."</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">But there is where it all starts. And ends. </span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">We've been ok wide. But the pass blocking and inside running game take more execution and talent.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">I don't see why we try to pocket pass as much with a struggling line and a banged up QB. Seems we should roll and sprint out more just to help out both.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Again, I think we have had to run less option to protect Relf.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">And that is hurting the running game.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Now, if I'm wrong and Relf isn't hurt, then where in the <span style="font-style: italic;">HELL</span> has more option been? No excuse for that. We are a option, inside run, play action team.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">That has been our bread and butter. Let's stick with bread and butter. I will also say that this staff will not be Croom like and try to beat a square peg in a round hole. They will do what gives us the best chance.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">As for the defense, everybody seems to be pleased with how they played in the 2nd half.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">My question is..... why didn't we do it in the 1st half? Like my man Spiderman says.... " You should never have a bad effort day on defense."</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">That's all the 2nd half was, effort. </span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Even with the effort I'm still not sold on the defense. When UGA got the ball back with about 8 mins. to go, the defense let them grind out some 1st downs and 5 mins. off the clock.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">I also get tired of people saying, " Well, the poor old D was out there all day." Well, like Erk Russell used to say, " Poor old D nothing. If they want off the field, hold their asses to 3 and out. They can get off the field pretty quick that way."</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Overall I'm still even keeled. My thought haven't changed. We gotta get to a bowl. Any bowl.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Any State fan who is disappointed in <span style="font-style: italic;">ANY</span> bowl trip is a damn idiot. It is hard to state how important a bowl trip this year, building on last year, is to this program.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">So, if we go in and take care of UAB it will set up one hell of a game with SC. Should have a full stadium ready to go with a lot on the line.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Still a lot of ball to be played.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Let's let it play out.</span>

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad97/saddawg/Coo%20Chees/sd46.jpg