PDA

View Full Version : Is this new Forum accessable with Tap-a-Talk?

Bulldog Bruce
08-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Just wondering if we can get here with Tap-a-Talk?

dawgstudent
08-23-2012, 11:29 AM
I really don't see the advantage of Tap A Talk over just the regular mobile view. Anything that Tap a talk has the the mobile view does? The only thing is push technology which you could be alerted of private messages.

The problem with tap a talk is that when you reply, it doesn't post the reply correctly. It would mess up the flow of the thread. On mobile view - it replies correctly.

MSUDawg4Life
08-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Convenience.

I have many of my favorite boards on Tapatalk and can switch between them at will. I don't have a problem with replying correctly

dawgstudent
08-23-2012, 11:51 AM
In threaded view when you reply with tap-a-talk, it puts the reply at the bottom of the thread instead of it actually replying to the post you are replying to.

MSUDawg4Life
08-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Threaded view has never been that important to me.

However, you can respond to a particular post in threaded view. I just did it on another board I belong to.

Just click the post you want to respond to, choose "Quote" and type your response. If you don't want to quote the original post, just remove the quoted part and it will respond to that particular post.

Just typing something in the text box and hitting "Reply" does simply post to the thread, but responding to a particular post is really no different on Tapatalk than it is on my laptop. Other than the convenience of being able to be on the board and participate wherever I am.

dawgstudent
08-24-2012, 01:00 AM
You are not understanding what I am saying. In TapaTalk - when responding - even if you click reply to that particular post - it messes up the heirarchy of the thread where if viewing in threaded view - it doesn't look like you responded to that person.

VET
08-24-2012, 09:15 AM
That's a shame. I use Tapatalk for all of the other boards I visit.

I'll try out the mobile view. Thanks