Some coaching names being mention - DB & DL

Last edited by MSU124; 01-08-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Beat NC State | Cheated NC State Yes | No

Townsend would be interesting, I hear he and Tony Connor have a good

relationship and isn't he kind of a big deal in Batesville? If Townsend plays his cards right he could end up part owner in a tire store.
    Last edited by coach66; 01-08-2013 at 01:30 PM.
    I don't always drink but when I do I become a message board genius**

Exactly.

That could make things very interesting in the final month....

Townsend would be a great hire. Cardinals have a top 5 secondary in the NFL.

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    I'd take Townsend in a heartbeat. Played and coached in the NFL and gives you a inroad to South Panola. He has done camps there for years. All the players know him.

I wouldn't get your hopes up with Deshea. He is a friend. He'd like to get into NFL management eventually.

If college coaching is what he wanted to do, Bama has a DB coach position open.

If you were to hire him by some chance, he'd be a homerun. Outside of football, he is one of the most impressive people I grew up with.

Do y'all go for milkshakes together after watching a tuesday night USP practice?

Chairman of the National Archives

You are about as good friends...

..with Deshea Townsend as I am with Walter White & Jesse Pinkman.

why would Townsend leave the nfl to coach at MSU? Aside from wanting to come home, I don't see why he would do it. And if the rebels got wind that he wanted to come back around here, they would move mountains to snag him. Unless of course they tormented him and his family when he went to bama back in the day and left bad feelings.

Ronny,

Deshea is one of my very good friends. He is a year younger than me. We've been friends since I was in 6th grade when he and Paul Morgan rode to DC in the seats in front of mine on a greyhound. We played a lot of basketball together growing up.

He, Carla, and their 3 kids live across the street my from in-laws in Oxford. I am a member at his gym and see him in there quite frequently in the off-season. I last saw him in mid-July, before he left for training camp. He stopped me in the gym and gave me his new cell number. I know most all of his family... Dad Willie, brothers Terry and Chris, and his sister Priscilla. His mom Lena did business with my mom before her passing. Good people.

Maybe you have a fantasy of being friends with fictional meth dealers, but my friendship with Deshea is real.

BiPolar
    : ) :

Quote Originally Posted by TSUNBearHunter View Post
    but my friendship with Deshea is real.
    Does he know this? I bet he'd be slightly discomforted knowing a creepy stalker-type white guy is posting his family member's name on the internet.

Ronny,

Deshea is one of my very good friends. He is a year younger than me. We've been friends since I was in 6th grade when he and Paul Morgan rode to DC in the seats in front of mine on a greyhound. We played a lot of basketball together growing up.

He, Carla, and their 3 kids live across the street my from in-laws in Oxford. I am a member at his gym and see him in there quite frequently in the off-season. I last saw him in mid-July, before he left for training camp. He stopped me in the gym and gave me his new cell number. I know most all of his family... Dad Willie, brothers Terry and Chris, and his sister Priscilla. His mom Lena did business with my mom before her passing. Good people.

Maybe you have a fantasy of being friends with fictional meth dealers, but my friendship with Deshea is real.

Look out boys, this cat knows a position coach in the NFL. He's a real badass.

Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    why would Townsend leave the nfl to coach at MSU?
    The reason he is a possibility is because he is not sure he'll be retained by the new cardinals staff. He might want to come home for a bit as well. One never knows but it never hurts to gauge his interest and at least talk to him.

Besides, if he took a job with State it would kill the bears. Just look at their responses on various boards and here

Ronny,

"I stalked him into the gym hoping to get his cell number"

There...fixed it for ya

Hence my reference to him becoming part owner in a Batesville tire store**

nm

This is just gross.. classic internet though....

Guy stretches a "relationship" he has with someone mentioned.... gets called on it... goes into eye brow raising territory....

You're not doing yourself any favors bub. May want to walk away from this one.

Sweet.

Not only do you stalk kids at their schools, you go to the gym and do it, too? Get a life.

Congratulations on knowing him!! Unfortunately knowing him doesnt mean you know his thoughts and any career moves he might want to make. Your post looks to me like a sad attempt to let everyone know that you know him

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    Congratulations on knowing him!! Unfortunately knowing him doesnt mean you know his thoughts and any career moves he might want to make. Your post looks to me like a sad attempt to let everyone know that you know him
    much like missouridawg's Pearl Harbor post was a not so subtle way of letting everyone know where he was going for vacation.

He is Assistant DB coach, so it might be an pay raise. He isn't the "head" DB coach

Exactly. I think this dumbass just lost a so-called friend.

Chairman of the National Archives

Ronny, You are full of bullshit...

...this is one lie you will not get away with. Go peddle your bullshit somewhere else. Nobody reading this will ever believe you are good friends with D. Townsend. You've encountered the wrong messageboard crowd for that one.
    Last edited by InaccuratePredictionsDawg; 01-08-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Twitter
    @missouridawg3
    Quote Originally Posted by olblue View Post
    much like missouridawg's Pearl Harbor post was a not so subtle way of letting everyone know where he was going for vacation.
    WTF does this thread have to do with me? Sorry I sought out some advice on a trip I'm fortunate enough to take. Maybe if you didn't mow yards for a living, you could buy a plane ticket too.

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    Who cares if he did? Apparently you did?

Can you call him for us and ask how the interview went? Inquiring minds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by chew1095 View Post
    Can you call him for us and ask how the interview went? Inquiring minds want to know.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by chew1095 View Post
    Bump for the family friend. Paging family friend. You have a call on the red courtesy phone. Paging family friend....

Classic 'Shoot the messenger' But this time a bear is involved so ya unload the gun and hide the body.

Quote Originally Posted by bonedaddy401 View Post
    goes into eye brow raising territory....
    You got that right, JACK!
    "I've played 17n volleyball with people that wanted to win more than MSU did the 2nd half of the egg bowl."- Walk the Dawg

Ronny,

Cool story.

Townsend told the Clarion Ledger Wednesday afternoon "it's definitely something I am interested in."

Guess he forgot to discuss the job interview with his childhood, life long, pinky swear buddy!

I used to workout with Clarence weatherspoon while I was co-oping in Jackson. He was down for the summer when he played for the knicks. Good guy.

Ok, I didn't really workout with him. I'm half his size so he spotted me a few times when we were the only ones in the gym. I watched while he shot hoops with his kid. Never even acknowledged that I realized he was in the NBA. We really only briefly spoke two or three times.

But if I ever have the chance - I tell people I used to lift weights with Clarence Weatherspoon when he played for the Knicks.

Rosie confirms what BFF TsunBearhunter said that Townsend

would prefer to stay in NFL but is interested in our job. The fall back guy
    is Joseph the coach from Nebraska who is supposedly a good recruiter.
    We should know soon.