Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Not sure if you all already know the girl Ole Miss pimps out...

nm
    Last edited by MSUFORLIFE; 04-27-2013 at 03:15 AM.

Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

If you are talking about @Rebel_AGP, then you got catfished bro. That is a fake account. A lot of Ole Miss people have been trolled into thinking she is real.

Looks like a fake account used by whoever their social media agency is. They are so far ahead of us in social.

you guys can't be serious.

yes someone needs to call out @Rebel_AGP

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem For A Dawg View Post
    If you are talking about @Rebel_AGP, then you got catfished bro. That is a fake account. A lot of Ole Miss people have been trolled into thinking she is real.
    i saw her (most likely him )in a comment section tweeting to some recruit that she cant wait to see him in Reb & Blue and such. What a troll. I really cant believe a recruit would even think that some hot chick that goes to Ole Miss actually gives a shit about where a 17 year kid ends up playing . I would venture out to say that most female students cant name more than 2 players on the team, much less follow 2014 recruits. Its really getting bad when people are stooping to these levels to try and sway an athlete.

It's a little creepy. I'm guessing that there is an actual girl associated with that account, and what to tweet is fed to her, or that she has signed off on UM media tweeting on her behalf. I think it would weird me out as a recruit to know that most likely, some guys were tweeting me from a girls account pretending to be her.

If it's completely fake, it's a lot creepy. I can't imagine anybody associated with the university would be doing that. Too embarrassing when it comes out.

Shogun of Harlem Optimus Prime 4's Avatar
    Wait, you actually believe our media department is behind this? Wow

This is only slightly different than what major corporations use social media agencies to do to push products, improve ratings and reviews, link build, etc. Based on the things I have seen on twitter, they have a lot of these accounts with lots of different personas. Look for accounts that appear to only tweet recruits and media, use branded hashtags, and don't appear to be interacting with anyone else.

No, I am serious. She had up a fake pic a few weeks ago. Someone said something and she changed it. A lot of people think the guys from make it rain sports run the account. Either way it's not that girl in the avi. No one has ever seen her or met her.

She manti's girlfriend

Ya

That's exactly what he meant. My guess is that its Kiffin

I don't think it's the media department, but it's most likely a fake account.

I sure hope Manti doesn't stumble upon it ....

I am 100% positive it is a fake account.

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    Don't you know them? Have you ever met her? I thought she has been on the MakeItRain show and has called in to OOB and HeadtoHead a number of times. If she is fake, I will be shocked.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

I'm with you

Sure it's creepy/bizarre that a 20-ish girl spends her friday night tweeting recruits around the country about how great Oxford is and the Rebels want them. However, if you check recruits twitter TL, there are psycho sidewalk fans like her from all over the country at different schools doing the same thing.

I can't believe that OM recruiting would set up a fake twitter account (or be manipulating it) just to send some recruits a tweet and post about makeup. That just sounds like our fans are being crazy, which wouldn't be the first with theories.

Accept that it's an oddity and leave it at that. I think the reason she gets attention like this is because of her constant MSU trolling which seems to be working.

^^**100% positive? Got catfished.^^

nm
    I am 100% positive it is a fake account.
    Ceterum censeo Universitatem Mississippiae esse delendam.

Nope. I did a reverse google image search on her avi and it came from a pic of a HS girl going to prom at some salon's website in Florida.

We had a thread talking about it on Tigerdroppings. Whoever runs the account emailed the admins and they deleted it.

Her profile pic.

Some HS girl from Florida named Eryn.

Link to salons website in Florida with said pic.
    http://thehairdoochick.blogspot.com/...-hair.html?m=1

IT is fake...

I'm almost 100% sure IT is fake. And IT has been called out on twitter, but OM peeps took up for IT lol... IT catfished a friend of mine. He talked too IT for 3-4 months & he never once heard IT's voice or seen IT in person. And this instance isn't the only reason why I'm claiming IT's fake, just a small part of IT.

They deleted a thread because they got an email which proved their twitter account was a fake? What kind of pussies run that website? Typical LSU fans.
    "At South Panola we still honor what the word commitment means"-Lance Pogue

Shogun of Harlem Optimus Prime 4's Avatar
    It's Chris Kiffin working in tandem with LSU fans

So now that everyone knows it's a fake account, realize that it's not the only one. It's only one of many personas. UM athletics, or a designated booster, has likely contracted a social media agency to run Twitter, Facebook, and other social media accounts to project a positive image of UM to recruits, media, and others.

This is exactly in line with what several agencies have presented to me in the past. For us, it was reputation management. They would hire a bunch of "consultants" to go out into social media and community sites and post positive reviews, blog posts, or general chatter about the brand while monitoring activity and sentiment. This is a thing, and if you aren't doing it, you are behind.

Edit to add: this particular one may be a one-off, rouge weirdo, but there are many out there doing what I described.

That's fantastic...nicely done. (Was messing with you, of course.)
    Ceterum censeo Universitatem Mississippiae esse delendam.

I wouldn't go that far. I just think it's a crazy fan that wants to help the program.

@CoachHughFreeze: @Rebel_AGP @hughnotfreeze thanks AP. people should be more mature than to talk about others by name behind a fake account for sure

Found this on twitter. Oh the irony. 12/30/12

She made several tweets about me after I started the thread on Tigerdroppings. She also threatened to turn me into to an anti-online bullying organization. Even when I wasn't bullying at all. I simply asked the Ole Miss board on Tigerdroppings if they had any proof that she is real. Most all of the guys on there are level headed and agreed she is fake.

this is a very real phenomenon (not sure about this account though)

Quote Originally Posted by codeDawg View Post
    So now that everyone knows it's a fake account, realize that it's not the only one. It's only one of many personas. UM athletics, or a designated booster, has likely contracted a social media agency to run Twitter, Facebook, and other social media accounts to project a positive image of UM to recruits, media, and others.

This is exactly in line with what several agencies have presented to me in the past. For us, it was reputation management. They would hire a bunch of "consultants" to go out into social media and community sites and post positive reviews, blog posts, or general chatter about the brand while monitoring activity and sentiment. This is a thing, and if you aren't doing it, you are behind.

Edit to add: this particular one may be a one-off, rouge weirdo, but there are many out there doing what I described.
    I've seen reports that something like 70% of Obama's twitter followers are fake. And audits saying that nearly 30% of all twitter users are fake, or robo accounts. They're used to drive narrative on social platforms. Just like all those god awful special interest memes that show up on Facebook. And before anyone thinks that no way a coach/staff would resort to this then remember we have a damn grown ass man drawing cartoons of swag-o-meters for High School recruits. And Florida is now sending photoshopped ridiculousness out. Nothing would shock me, and yes that includes grown men creating fake twitter accounts of hot girls. Because really how many hot chicks truly keep up with recruiting a year away from signing day?

Nope. I did a reverse google image search on her avi and it came from a pic of a HS girl going to prom at some salon's website in Florida.

We had a thread talking about it on Tigerdroppings. Whoever runs the account emailed the admins and they deleted it.
    How do you do that?

It's really easy. I probably can't explain it very well through text. Just google reverse image search. Basically you can drag an image into the google image search and it'll show you every place on the Internet that pic is found.

Got it. Always wanted to be able to do that.

Yeah, those things are weird, for sure. I practiced with her picture, which only showed up once. It does seem fake.

If she's a 20 something year old kid, what's she doing sending out tweet after tweet on Double Decker weekend?

Her profile pic.

Some HS girl from Florida named Eryn.

Link to salons website in Florida with said pic.
    http://thehairdoochick.blogspot.com/...-hair.html?m=1
    Am I missing something? That's not the profile pic I see for Rebel_AGP

Well

Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawg25 View Post
    She changed frequently. The one that was 100% fake was an older one.

I'm in camp - she's a crazy sidewalk fan that the university is fine with contacting recruits.

Me or no one else associated w/ MIR has ever met her to my knowledge. Many of the OM MIR guys have efforted to meet her numerous times at OM functions, such as the grove for home games, and she/he/it backs out last minute every single time. She had never called in to OOB or H2H ever. It's been a topic of discussion b/t me and the guys. Originally she said she went to OM on for marketing after going to Ohio State (moved back to MS). I eventually noticed a bunch of her inconsistencies and bet her she didn't go to OM as she said. I DM'd her my MSU email and asked her to email me from her OM email to prove she was real as she said. She messaged me that she never went to OM proving the original lie. I have screen shots so this isn't debatable. She also has a very curious yahoo answers account under her old twitter handle (which was deleted & started over) Rebel_AP . I honestly can't call who or what she is but I can say with 100% confidence that, that account is not what it says to be. Too many lies and inconsistencies over the years. It's not real

So would Bruce Johnson the Ole Miss Coordinator of Recruiting Development...

follow some random 20 yr old girl on twitter by coincidence? Perhaps he's just monitoring her tweets, who knows. With recruiting these days I would not be surprised if this is not someone who's just damn crazy about Ole Miss or getting a check from the University.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawg25 View Post
    When I called her out about in on Tigerdroppings someone asked her and she immediately changed it. It was her profile pic on both twitter and Facebook. Look in the top left corner you can see I was on her profile when I screen shot it.

Really weird. @rebel_agp and a writer from make it rain sports are both mad at SPS.

MF (@carbophat)
    4/27/13, 10:04 PM

"@Rebel_AGP: message board morons....go back to where you can create your little theories!" Parent basement living Douchebags

They deleted it most likely because it contained an image of a HS student which wasn't of age to consent to those kind of things being placed on the Internet.

She may be that angry sorostitute that lost her position

Yeah... the "maybe I should talk to my gyno" comments are telling. All she'd have to do is have some people who know her have her back, or post pictures of herself at OM functions. If she's as big of a fan as she says, she'd probably have pictures of her with football players and junk.

But again, the fact that she's at home on the Saturday night of Double Decker to me is enough. Looking at her list of people she follows- it's just a bunch of people that have Ole Miss somewhere on their profile. Her closest "friends" on there are people way older than her. That picture is of a kid that is probably 18-19. No matter how much she's following sports, it just doesn't add up.

Pretty creepy.