11-16-13 ALABAMA
    11-23-13 at Arkansas
    11-28-13 MISSISSIPPI (Thur.)

Richard Shapley
    richard@elysrestaurant.com
    Phone: 601.605.6359
    Fax: 601.605.6687
    http://elysrestaurant.com
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    6-6 (3-5)

3 easiest OOC and Kentucky, Arkansas and Ole Miss.

I have made 3 different predictions the past 2 or 3 days. As long as we go to our 4th straight bowl game, I will be ecstatic. If we get to 7-5, this will be Mullen's 2nd best coaching year behind 2010.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

8-4 (4-4) L's - 4 out of last 5. TSUN and OKstate could go either way. (Mullen "gets it done" with more than 4 victories*)

My gut tells me 5-6, my heart tells me 6-6. I can't predict a loss to OM this early in the year so 6-6 it is.
    3-5 Sec wins Alcorn, Auburn, Troy, BG, KY, OM.
    Auburn, AR, and OM will make or break this season.

Being realistic, 6-6 (3-5). Want to pull the trigger on 7-5 (4-4), but I'm afraid that's picking with my heart instead of my head.

7-5 (4-4)

Wins over the 3 easy non-con, UK, Ark, Aub, om.

There are people saying that Auburn could be a surprise contender in the west - the same team that went winless in the SEC last year. Those people are not rational. I think Arkansas is a closer game than we would like, but we get it done.

Last year, for the first time since '08, ole miss came into the egg bowl giving way more of a shit than we did. unless we come into that game with less than 5 wins, there is no possible way that happens again. We win by more than a touchdown.

We manage to play LSU close until late in the 4th again, and somehow lose by more than a touchdown. Alabama, USC, aTm, and OKState beat our heads in.

Feminist

8-4 (5-3)

Lose to the Pokes out of the gate, everybody gets down
    Roll Alcorn
    Soundly beat Auburn on the Plains
    Beat Troy by 10
    Beat LSU on a FG in OT
    Soundly beat BG
    Soundly beat UK
    Lose soundly at SC
    Lose soundly at aTm
    Lose a 10 pt or so game vs Bama
    Roll up Arkansas
    Beat Ole Miss by 10, game never really in doubt

8-4. Guys don't sleep on this team, I'm telling you! If we beat Ok St we WILL be 7-0 (yes i say we beat LSU @ home this year) heading to SC. It will be a a close game. But we'll lose a heart breaker to SC. But I personally think we'll lose to Ok St winning 6 of our first 7 (still beating LSU). Then afterwards losing to SC, aTm & Bama. But then beating Arkansas & Rebearsharks.
    "I hate fighting 'nobodys' because sometimes a 'nobody' is a 'somebody' that hasn't been found yet." Forrest Griffin

7-5 (4-4)
    Wins- alcorn, Troy, BGSU, lsu, Arkansas, ole miss, and Kentucky.
    Losses- OSU, A&M, bama, South Carolina, auburn

5-7 (2-6)

3 OOC (Not OK State), UK and Auburn. Two things I can never predict is for us to beat LSU ever or for us to beat Arkansas in Little Rock. I have a really bad feeling going into this year.

7-5 (4-4)

OSU-blowout loss
    Alcorn-blowout win
    Auburn-heartbreaker
    Troy-pull away late
    LSU-squeak out a close win, in a game we dominate statistically
    BG-close, but win
    UK-control the game from the start(workman like)
    USC-loss-close for a half
    aTm-loss-closer than the experts think
    Bama-not a chance
    Arkansas-nice win
    Mississippi-nasty hate filled game, we beat that ass with a viscous physical game. I would be surprised if there is not a fight or two.

7-5 (4-4) Ok State is a toss up. Otherwise, I say LSU-L, USC-L, aTm-L, Bama-L.

6-6 (3-5)

Wins: Alcorn, Troy, BG

Likely Wins: UK, @Arkansas

Either way: @Auburn, OM, OSU

Likely Losses: LSU, @A&M, @USC

Losses: Alabama

I think we take care of the wins and likely wins and go 1-2 in the either way, most likely winning the OM game. Snagging 2 or more of the either ways and any of the likely losses is gravy for me. 6-6 is actually pretty respectable for this schedule. I'm also tempted in putting LSU in the either way category, but it's LSU.
    Last edited by ckDOG; 08-20-2013 at 11:06 AM.

4 - 8 (1 - 7)

DATE OPPONENT
    8-31-13 Oklahoma State @Houston, TX L
    9-7-13 ALCORN STATE W
    9-14-13 at Auburn L
    9-21-13 TROY W
    10-5-13 LOUISIANA STATE L
    10-12-13 BOWLING GREEN W
    10-26-13 KENTUCKY W
    11-2-13 at South Carolina L
    11-9-13 at Texas A&M L
    11-16-13 ALABAMA L
    11-23-13 at Arkansas L
    11-28-13 MISSISSIPPI (Thur.) L

4-8 (1-7)

7+ underdogs in all the Losses except against Auburn. That's the toss up but it doesn't seem your Defense fares well against that style of Offense (see TAMU & OM last year).

8-4

I think we catch LSU at our house at a great time. LSU, Ark and Ole Miss could go either way. I'm (maybe stupidly) counting Auburn as a W. I like our D to slow down Okie State and keep our offense on the field. Big W to start gives us motivation for the season. Mullen shows he's matured as a coach this year. Gets some quality Ws.

5-7 (2-6)

6-6 (3-5)

Alcorn, Troy, BG, UK, Arky, OM

Tough loss to Auburn on the Plains will be hard to get over.

6-6 (3-5)

6-6 (3-5)

DATE OPPONENT
    8-31-13 Oklahoma State @Houston, TX L
    9-7-13 ALCORN STATE W
    9-14-13 at Auburn L
    9-21-13 TROY W
    10-5-13 LOUISIANA STATE L
    10-12-13 BOWLING GREEN W
    10-26-13 KENTUCKY W
    11-2-13 at South Carolina L
    11-9-13 at Texas A&M L
    11-16-13 ALABAMA L
    11-23-13 at Arkansas W
    11-28-13 MISSISSIPPI (Thur.) W

6-6 (3-5)

Positives: we get the Arkansas road curse off our backs, we get the Golden Egg back in Starkville, and go bowling for an unprecedented 4th year in a row.

We'll lose to LSU the way we always do. No matter how close the game is, in the final analysis, they will simply line up in a tight formation and run run run the ball straight ahead down our throats.

6-6 (3-5)

nm

From 8 wins to 4 in a year...

Who do you think our coach is, Houston Nutt?

7-5 (4-4) - beat Arky and Auburn and 1 of LSU or OM

This...

Quote Originally Posted by Heawww View Post
    Lose to the Pokes out of the gate, everybody gets down
    Roll Alcorn
    Soundly beat Auburn on the Plains
    Beat Troy by 10
    Beat LSU on a FG in OT
    Soundly beat BG
    Soundly beat UK
    Lose soundly at SC
    Lose soundly at aTm
    Lose a 10 pt or so game vs Bama
    Roll up Arkansas
    Beat Ole Miss by 10, game never really in doubt
    +1, but I think SC or aTm will be a closer game than those think, last time we played SC we fumbled that one away in the end.

L @OK State - Lose by 10, still cover. MSU's inexperienced secondary cannot stop OSU's uptempo attack.
    W Alcorn St. - Its Alcorn St. Win by 23.
    W @Auburn - Could go either way, but I give the dogs the edge. Nail biter for sure.
    W Troy - Win, may be tied at half, but state runs away with it after halftime adjustments. Win by 14.
    L LSU - Loss, probably by ten. The tigers have your number.
    W Bowling Green - Don't know alot about BG, but I assume State wins by ten.
    W Kentucky - Even though they seemingly made a good HC hire, not good enough to offset lack of talent. MSU wins by 15.
    L @South Carolina - Russel gets sacked twice by Clowney. Lucky if he gets out of this game alive.
    L @TAMU - State loses by 14 unless JFF is not playing, would consider it a tossup at that point.
    L Alabama - State loses and loses bad.
    W @Arkansas - State pulls out a winning drive with 2 mins left and kicks the FG. Wins by 3.
    L Ole Miss - UM's uptempo attack and salty defense too much for Mullen and Co. Unless BO is injured, state loses by 14.

6-6 going bowling! 5-7 real possibility if Auburn is legit. 5 wins more likely than 7, but 6 is probable.

wow. 14pt loss to the rebs at home? that's bold.

Well we did beat you guys by 17 last year. I am giving you guys the three points because it's in Starkville. OM returns 19 starters, should be much better. State lost both starting CBs to the NFL. While offense should be a bit better, it still lost three starting WRs. I think the D will experience a slight drop off. The 14 points is assuming that the new DC can turn things around on D. The argument that Ole Miss snuck up on teams last year is not relevant, because Dan and Co. had all season to figure us out. As far as who wanted it more, I agree that UM showed much more determination than state, but the "degree of caring" argument shouldn't account for 17 points.

We have the talent to be in pretty much every ballgame except 'Bama. I know our snowballed meltdown at the end of last season still has a bitter taste in a lot of people's mouths but don't sell this team short, we will at least go to a bowl - that's 4yrs. in a row for those of you keeping score.

Now, we have the talent but I don't know if we have the mindset. Tyler Russell is saying all the right things in preseason interviews, but to me it kinda seems like he is just repeating what he has been told. I could be wrong, but we'll see if he truly grasps what is coming from his mouth.

Best cast scenario: 9-3 (Losses: OSU, A&M, Bama)
    Worst cast scenario: 6-6 (Losses: OSU, Bama, SCAR, A&M, LSU and find a way to lose one of Auburn/Ark/OM
    ETA - My guess: 8-4 (Losses: OSU, SCAR, A&M, Bama)
    Last edited by LonesomeDog; 08-20-2013 at 02:57 PM.

8-4 (4-4)

DATE OPPONENT
    8-31-13 W Oklahoma State @Houston, TX
    9-7-13 W ALCORN STATE
    9-14-13 L at Auburn
    9-21-13 W TROY
    10-5-13 L LOUISIANA STATE
    10-12-13 W BOWLING GREEN
    10-26-13 W KENTUCKY
    11-2-13 W at South Carolina
    11-9-13 W at Texas A&M
    11-16-13 L ALABAMA
    11-23-13 L at Arkansas
    11-28-13 W MISSISSIPPI (Thur.)

Why not? I think we're better than last year. We could end up 4-8 and I wouldn't be shocked. The only sure prediction is that something will happen that no one saw coming.

Feminist
    You beat us by 45 in 2008 and were ranked coming into Starkville in 2009. Returned the whole team, yada yada. That turned out great for you.

Bottom line, anyone who's educated on the two teams and this rivalry, will not pick Ole Miss to beat MSU in Starkville this season. The only people who would are Ole Miss homers and talking heads who dig no deeper than the off-season emotion.

Feminist
    I thought about that, but I just went with my negative instincts.

That 2008 team lost two first rounders, Michael Oher and Peria Jerry. Also lost Mike Wallace to the third round, and Jamarca Sanford to the 7th. Sanford now starts for the Vikings at SS. Oher is a starting tackle for the Ravens. Wallace is one of the league's better starting WRs. Peria is a second string DT for Atlanta. So, we didn't really return the whole team, far from it. Also, DT Shackleford was a leader on our Defense and sat out 2009 due to injury. The 2012 team lost one player that contributed. Randall Mackey was good, but not irreplaceable like a LT or a DT.

5-7 (2-6) Being in the SECW is brutal. Not liking 2 toss ups (Arky and Auburn) being on the road.

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    6-6 (3-5) same W's and L's as DS.

I'm not one of those to want to bet someone on the interwebs.....

but I do wish I knew you personally, cause I'd love a friendly wager on that line.