Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 124

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    OT: What is your best personal scary story?

    In light of Halloween, why not? I realize I'm probably just going to get a bunch of sarcastic responses but I remember this thread starting on tigerdroppings a while back and got a bunch of cool responses so let's hear it!


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  2. #2

    I was at The Maine!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vv83 View Post
    In light of Halloween, why not? I realize I'm probably just going to get a bunch of sarcastic responses but I remember this thread starting on tigerdroppings a while back and got a bunch of cool responses so let's hear it!
    AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  3. #3
    Dawg1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Central MS
    Posts
    5,263
    Me too. I assumed I had a nightmare dream but then I read about it the next day in the paper.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  4. #4
    Augustus McCrae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lonesome Dove
    Posts
    513
    I've been refreshing this thread all day. There are lots of great stories here and I appreciate all the ones shared so far. I too believe that we have angels among us (and demons too) and I'd like to tell 2 quick stories of someone obviously watching over me.

    1) I was about 9 or 10 and I was with my Mom somewhere. I think she was getting her hair cut or something. Whatever it was, it wasn't somewhere I particularly wanted to be so I asked if I could go across the street and get some candy. The point at which I chose to cross the street was not too far from where it dead-ended into another. I look both ways before I cross, and as I get to the middle I feel as though I hit an invisible wall. Literally, mid-stride I felt like I couldn't go further. At that same moment, out of the corner of my eye I see a green pick-up truck (old Chevy Silverado, can still see it plain as day) come flying around the corner making a right turn onto the street I'm crossing. Before I can even blink it has already flown past me and I swear if I were a little taller the driver's-side mirror would have taken my head off. Needless to say I quickly exit the street and thank God for helping me. It scared me at the time, but it wasn't until I got a little bit older that I really began to understand the magnitude of that event and how close I really came to my end. Gives me chills to this day.

    2) 2004 in Baghdad, I was in the Army on a one year deployment to that wonderful place. I was on a pretty secure compound most of the time, but we did run quite a few covoys to various places and those were all scary for one reason or another. On the compound, we got some occasional rocket and mortar attacks, but they were mostly few and far between. One day I was outside doing some work between two buildings when I heard the distinct sound that a rocket makes as it's coming in. Of course, we were taught that when you hear that sound you duck and cover immediately. I can say without a doubt that there is absolutely no simulation or substitute to train for the real thing. By the time I heard it, it was already almost too late because I was stilll in mid-dive when I heard it impact the ground. Under normal operation, they typically explode upon impact. This one didn't. I stayed covered for what felt like forever but probably lasted less than a minute. As I got up to go call it in and have the area cordoned off, I noticed just how close it landed to where I was. It was sticking up out of the ground roughly 70 feet or so away. EOD came in and properly disposed of it and I remember talking to one of their guys and telling him what happened. He told me I was extremely lucky and I can't remember what he said the blast radius was, but I was well within it. That one shook me up for a little while.


    @starkvegasdawg: You don't have anything to be ashamed of. You faced your fear and overcame it. That's not something to ever be ashamed of at all.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  5. #5
    Topgundawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Up North on the Line
    Posts
    864
    I'll bite...Last year about this time just before halftime of the A&M game......


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  6. #6
    Never 17 with an Ouija Board.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  7. #7
    I would like to hear this story.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  8. #8
    aspendawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    313
    One time I drove home from a Sound Tribe show at red rocks after having some FUN.......earlier that night and two highway patrol pulled up on my ass before screaming around me to get someone else.... Scariest moment of my life... Jail was the last place I wanted to go that night...


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  9. #9
    We were being all bad, so 4 of us went to a graveyard on Halloween night with a Ouija Board, whipped it out on top of a grave. All 8 pairs of hands were on that letter/movin thang, and "something" grabbed each one of our necks while the board was answering questions, and started trying to choke all 4 of us at the same time. We all jumped up, and hauled ass back to the car, and left squallin tires. Never really spoke about that again. I will never again 17 with an Ouija Board, even though they are supposed to be fake.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  10. #10
    beachbumdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Magic City
    Posts
    2,173
    Just finished my last final for the semester (630pm final); went back to apt and packed car up to move back to Pensacola for my coop semester which was to begin the next Monday...finished around 1:30am and was contemplating sleeping in and driving down the next day but decided to drive....started bobbing and weaving on hwy 45 South, so I pulled off into one the gas stations and dozed at the gas pump for about 20 min when a knock on the window woke me up....standing there was a big burly dude...I cracked my window and he asked if I could give him a lift to work (remember it's 230am) about 2 or 3 miles down the road at a "plant" south of there...by this time adrenaline is starting to crank up, I shake my head no and speed off....well 2 or 3 (next 10 or so) miles down the road is nothing but fields....I don't think his intention was to go to work
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance!


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Coast Trash
    Posts
    1,157
    In New Orleans, a block off Bourbon but way too far away from Canal, and a young guy (15?) runs up to me and yells "Help! My girlfriend is getting attacked by 2 guys around the corner!" Well, I was packing (hey--it's New Orleans) so I whip out my .380 Kahl and start to follow him-- and he breaks in the opposite direction… with 3 "friends" who were hiding behind a dumpster.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  12. #12
    Driving down a 4 Lane highway late one night (highway 82) and was in the middle passing someone. Saw some headlights off in the distance around a corner and kind of over a hill (enough to the point where the hill blocked my line of sight to him). I was a few seconds from hitting the guy before I realized he was driving down the lane I was just passing another car in (in the wrong lane going full speed). Had the car I was passing still been to my right (about 10 seconds earlier), I might not be sitting here typing. I literally had nowhere to go but right into him going 70 mph.

    Eta: I had to pull off the road about 10-15 minutes to calm down enough to drive. That was the first time in my life I realized how close I came to dying.
    Last edited by drt7891; 10-29-2013 at 09:35 PM.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  13. #13
    Getting off of work new years eve 2009 and getting into a wreck seeing the whole thing coming thinking oh sh!t this is it. I pushed back off of the floor bracing for impact and then we hit. The guy had been swerving and I told the girl driving to slow down which she did then he slammed us dead on. The hit was so hard my glasses flew off, and immediately gave me the worst seat belt burn ever. My whole stomach was purple and black for 2 weeks from where I had been wearing my seat belt which saved my life or I wouldn't be here typing this. So after I pat my head, tell my self my social security number and my full name, the girl who was driving yells for me to get out of her car and go hide in the woods. I proceed to call my girlfriend and tell her which she thought I was joking until she saw 3 fire trucks, 2 ambulances, and about 6 police cars rush past her. The girl who told me to go hide in the woods never told me that no one was supposed to ride with her, so I will never forget giving her a big 17 you. Probably the scariest part of it all was a state trooper coming up to me screaming asking me was I the driver of the other car. I told him no, that I was the passenger of the car he crashed into, about 5 seconds later he comes and apologizes and told me how lucky I was because the driver in the other car was dead on the scene. So if any of you ever wondered why the speed limit on 471 was lowered, widened, and a 4 way light installed in front of cornerstone, that is why. I count my blessings everyday and try to tell people to always wear seat belts, they save lives.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  14. #14
    Dr. Death DerHntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    14,542

    It is crazy but I nearly died in the same way just north of Louisville

    Quote Originally Posted by drt7891 View Post
    Driving down a 4 Lane highway late one night (highway 82) and was in the middle passing someone. Saw some headlights off in the distance around a corner and kind of over a hill (enough to the point where the hill blocked my line of sight to him). I was a few seconds from hitting the guy before I realized he was driving down the lane I was just passing another car in (in the wrong lane going full speed). Had the car I was passing still been to my right (about 10 seconds earlier), I might not be sitting here typing. I literally had nowhere to go but right into him going 70 mph.

    Eta: I had to pull off the road about 10-15 minutes to calm down enough to drive. That was the first time in my life I realized how close I came to dying.
    I had been driving in the left lane because it was January 1st and there were deer all over the sides of the road. Almost none of the deer were in the median. When I got to Louisville I had to get in the right lane to take the on ramp. I had not moved immediately over to the left lane yet. It was 1:00 in the morning. All of the sudden an SUV passes me in the left lane going south in the northbound lane that I had been driving in for an hour. Our mirrors nicked each other. This bastard was hauling ass and going the wrong way. I didn't see him because we were topping one of those many hills in that area. I called the highway patrol and then pulled over in the driveway to the prison up there and sat for a long time before driving off. Damn near shit my pants.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  15. #15

    I also had the same thing happen to me...

    Driving up Highway 25 at night north of Louisville near the prison. I was about to pass a vehicle when a truck was going the wrong way in the left hand lane. It scared me to death thinking that I was about to pull out into that lane to pass the car in front of me.


    Quote Originally Posted by DerHntr View Post
    I had been driving in the left lane because it was January 1st and there were deer all over the sides of the road. Almost none of the deer were in the median. When I got to Louisville I had to get in the right lane to take the on ramp. I had not moved immediately over to the left lane yet. It was 1:00 in the morning. All of the sudden an SUV passes me in the left lane going south in the northbound lane that I had been driving in for an hour. Our mirrors nicked each other. This bastard was hauling ass and going the wrong way. I didn't see him because we were topping one of those many hills in that area. I called the highway patrol and then pulled over in the driveway to the prison up there and sat for a long time before driving off. Damn near shit my pants.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  16. #16
    mcdawg22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, Fl
    Posts
    7,124
    Up until this year, the worst feeling I ever had was at the bottom of a fumble recovery pile on a rainy field in Pisgah. My face was completely under water for what felt like forever until the pile got seperated I thought I was going to drown. But this year took the cake. I was throwing a fly trying to catch a Spanish or Blue on a real clear day in the Gulf. I keep my head on a swivel whenever I'm up to my waist and there is a lot of bait around. But this time he must have got behind me. I turned back to the beach to see what my wife and daughter were doing when a big mass that was swimiming parallel to the beach immediately turns and starts heading straight for me. I grab my knife, ready to just stab when it gets close enough. It turns about 10 feet from me, does a little semi-circle and then swims into the darker water. Best I could tell it was about a 7 ft Bull or Dusky. Needless to say that was the end of my fishing day


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  17. #17
    Something similar to this was going to be my story. I've had two close encounters with 6-8ft sharks wade fishing just knowing that I was going to be attacked, one of them being a month ago at horn island. Both times that I've seen the sharks I fully thought I was going to be attacked but never got the least bit scared. It isn't until I make my way back up to land that I have a near panick attack nearly hyperventilate.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  18. #18
    Driving from Shreveport to Ruston after the Snow Bowl. It took me an hour to go from Ruston to Shreveport to get to the game. It took me 4 hours to get back. The roads were so slick, that if I took my eye off the road one second, the Ford Aerostar minivan would start swerving. I went about 15-20 miles an hour. I was convinced that I was going to die that night.

    Was in a near fatal car wreck in 1990, but the morphine washed away the memories of the wreck.
    [image]https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/46482010_10215768325618546_1036688621446365184_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=aed9b556c63cf3d486fe00646d8824c9&oe=5C754991[/image]
    MooU Has Rednecks


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  19. #19
    I was outdoors and 100 feet from a F-1 tornado touchdown.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  20. #20
    Seeing the tornadoes that went through Starkville (the ones that tore the roof off of the cafeteria) in 2005 maybe. They went right over my apartment and I watched as they turned from the blackest clouds I have ever seen into funnel clouds headed for campus. Scared the shit out of me even though they had already passed over


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  21. #21
    I was at work in Hattiesburg this past year when the tornado came through town. It was headed right towards where I was and I didn't have enough time to go anywhere. I stayed outside and watched it as it passed about a quarter mile from where I was at. I was also in Starkville when the one came through a couple years ago. I lived at the pines and it came about 30 yards from hitting my trailer. Me and my dog hid in the bath and he pissed all over me.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  22. #22
    Dr. Death DerHntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    14,542

    I was hunting at our old camp near Port Gibson

    It was getting near dark and I was bow hunting. I then heard the worst sound possible as the sun is going down for a bow hunter.... a rattle snake. I was about 30 feet up the tree so I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from for a while. Finally I saw this massive snake and he was about 10 feet from the base of the stand. I snagged a small dead limb and threw it at him. I thought it would either piss him off so that he coiled up and I could go the other direction or it would make him slither off. Unfortunately it caused a whole different problem. It pissed him off, he curled up, started to rattle loudly and then not one, not two, but three more rattles started to sound off through the woods and none seemed too far from my stand. It sounded like they were in multiple directions. Four rattle snakes, one located, damn near dark, no gun on me. It was a bad situation.

    So I start to go through my pack...no flashlight. 17! I was about a half mile from the truck and the truck was about 5 miles from the camp house. Being bitten would be a problem.

    I scaled down the tree immediately since there was a small amount of light left. I got to the bottom rung, jumped in the opposite direction of the one snake I could see and high stepped it like a crazy ass person all the way to the truck.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  23. #23
    Worked a code one night on 5 East of North MS Med. Center. In every room a clock was mounted on the wall closest to the foot of the bed, about 6 feet away. We worked the code for a while then the doctor called it - said something like, "Times up, it's over", or something to that extent. Definitely said the word "time" in there somewhere. Anyway, as soon as he called it, the clock literally flew off of the wall and landed on the patient's chest. Freaked me and everyone in there the hell out.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  24. #24
    I was about 10-12 my uncle invited me to go to Destin with him and my cousins. One afternoon we decided to go snorkeling. Mind you I'm as blind as bat so any water activity means no glasses and I do not wear contacts. We are snorkeling by some rocks and all of a sudden I feel something pulling on my leg. At first I thought it was one of my older cousins. It was the rip tide. Pulled me clear under and started to carry me away. I had never heard of the rip tide so I tried to swim directly against it. I tried for what seemed like forever. I couldn't see anything. That's what made it the worst. It carried me out quite a ways. A guy on a jet ski saw what happened and came and got me. Having no control and not being able to see anything is what made it so bad.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  25. #25
    SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    14,558
    We were out one night riding in my friends car in high school and it had been raining really hard. We were going up 51 to Stateline Road in Southaven and came to a red light but he hit two huge puddles of water and we went hydro planing into the intersection with traffic coming from both sides. One car missed us right in front and then one missed from the back. I really did think we were dead or were going to be seriously hurt.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  26. #26
    Anyone seem a ghost? I think some large percentage clAim up have. Me, no.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  27. #27
    Never seen a ghost but my dad had two (instances) before his death that make me know there is more than just the here and now.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  28. #28
    SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    14,558
    There's a very old house across the road from our farm shop that was build in the 1890s. The people that live there claim that they see an old man sometimes sitting in a chair in one of the rooms. And then he vanishes.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  29. #29
    If you grow up in a house where a confederate camp used to be in the woods about 100 yards away and is documented in the archives. Ghosts will be present. I have years of stories.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  30. #30
    SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    14,558
    Oh wow. Any stories that stand out?


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  31. #31
    I am not sure if I have seen one or not. I do know I have had some strange occurences happen and they all seemed to start when my daughter was born. At our old house my wife started having the feeling of being watched and one night she was in the den feeding my daughter when she suddenly started hearing the kichen cabinets start opening and closing. Not long after I got a job in Starkville and we moved here. We built a house (now in it for 4 years). Not long after we moved in we really started having strange occurences. Had voices come through the speakers of my stereo system that was turned off at the time. It was also not hooked up to a radio antenna so all you can get is the CD player. We have seen several dark human shaped shadow figures out of the corners of our eyes. Pictures in frames that we had sitting on tables would be moved and laying down. I have been laying in bed and feel someone tap my shoulder. I thought it was my wife and rolled over to see what she needed only to see she is facing way from me and sound asleep. Also had a whispery voice get my attention at night. Again, thought it was my wife but she was sound alseep. The coup de gras was one night my daughter woke up screaming. Not crying...screaming. We rush into the her room and she is huddled up as far into the corner of her toddler bed as she can get. Eyes huge and you can tell she is terrified as she stares at her closet. We ask her what is wrong and she says "He was in here." Who is he was our next question. SHe answers, "The snake." Well, being good Southern Baptists the snake reference conjures up one very vivid idea. That next day we hung a cross in her room and made sure the closet doors were always closed. (Yes, you can rib me about this, but the fact remains after all the stuff we had experienced and the terror in my little girl's eyes I was not leaving anything to chance.) That was all about three years ago. Things had been pretty quiet since then until a couple of weeks ago. The kids (now have a boy too) got some remote control cars. One afternoon we are sitting in the den watching TV and one of the cars starts running. It will move forward about 6" and then stop. Then it would move backwards a little bit. It did that off and on for about an hour. All the while I am sitting on the couch staring at the remote on the floor in front of me. Last night I get up because I can't sleep well at night. I go into the den to watch some TV and see my son (age 4) curled up on the couch asleep. I decide not to wake him and just let him sleep there. This morning I asked him why he was on the couch and not in his bed and he said he woke up and there was a shadow at the end of his bed that scared him so he came into the den to sleep. Oh, forgot to add - back during the height of all of the events I was describing earlier, my son was also being scared at night and pointing to his closet door that was usually left open. A lot of those events I would like to pass off as imagination or not seeing what we thought we saw or heard what we thought we heard. Only problem with that is that on several occassions bothme and my wife would experience it at the same time so if it was imagination then we were both imagining the same thing at the same time.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  32. #32
    SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    14,558
    Wow. That almost sounds demonic. Being that the strange occurences followed you to another house.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  33. #33
    Don't think that didn't cross my mind. Actually, don't think that was pretty much my comclusion. I am of the belief that once a person dies they are immediately in one of two places. As far as human spirit ghosts I don't think they exist. But, I do believe in angels and demons and I just don't see an angel wanting to scare the life out of two kids like that so in my mind that pretty much narrows things down as to teh source. Just weird that it all started as soon as my daughter was born. I left some stuff out, too. I will say that I was on the verge of calling one of those paranormal investigative teams to see if they would come to the house. I had checked and seen that MS had one. But as soon as my wife put up the crosses in the kids' rooms and started praying over them every night it stopped almost immediately. I just remember one night my son was crying in his room and you could tell he was scared and I remember having to get my nerve up to actually open his bedroom door up and go in his room. Ashamed as I am to admit that.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  34. #34

    Courage is overcoming fear. good work!

    NMf


    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Don't think that didn't cross my mind. Actually, don't think that was pretty much my comclusion. I am of the belief that once a person dies they are immediately in one of two places. As far as human spirit ghosts I don't think they exist. But, I do believe in angels and demons and I just don't see an angel wanting to scare the life out of two kids like that so in my mind that pretty much narrows things down as to teh source. Just weird that it all started as soon as my daughter was born. I left some stuff out, too. I will say that I was on the verge of calling one of those paranormal investigative teams to see if they would come to the house. I had checked and seen that MS had one. But as soon as my wife put up the crosses in the kids' rooms and started praying over them every night it stopped almost immediately. I just remember one night my son was crying in his room and you could tell he was scared and I remember having to get my nerve up to actually open his bedroom door up and go in his room. Ashamed as I am to admit that.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  35. #35
    I'm like you. I don't necessarily believe in humanly supernatural events, only because I myself have never experienced one. That's not to say I don't believe all the stories shared in this thread are not true. I just haven't had an experience like that myself.

    I say that to say this: I 100% have had my faith in angels/demons reaffirmed. I don't intend for this to get into any sort of religious debate, because this is a thread full of fascinating stories. So, bear with me.

    Next May will be 10 years from the time this event happened. I was a high school sophomore and had just turned 16 a few months prior. It was a Friday afternoon and the day after spring football had concluded, so we returned our equipment, got our summer workout instructions and got to leave school early. We were all heading home to rest and get cleaned up for the athletics awards banquet that night at the school. Anyway, there is a decent line of vehicles funneling out of the school parking lot and onto the two-lane highway that it sits on, and we all race towards town. I get to fidgeting with the radio or something in the car, and look up to see the Ford Ranger in front of me at a dead stop about 30 feet in front of me. At ~55 mph, an old Honda Accord turns into an accordion when it hits another immovable chunk of metal. Luckily, I only sustained a few gashes on my arm that required stitches and had to have a minor surgery to repair a tendon in my hand that was cut when my arm smashed through the windshield. All in all, I was pretty lucky given the shape of my car.

    The "supernatural" part happens later. I can't really remember if it was a couple days or couple weeks later, my parents get a call from a family in our neighborhood. Their son was around my age and had been a neighborhood buddy growing up, and they had a couple of daughters, aged ~12 and ~8. Well, the mother calls my mom to tell her that the youngest daughter had dreamed that I had a terrible car accident a few days prior to my actual accident. She said the dream shook her so much that she woke up crying and startled and woke the mother. Being a devout Christian family and to calm down the little girl, her and the daughter prayed for my safety. They had no reason to pray for a random neighborhood kid like me other than the dream she had that was so vivid. They called my parents to share that story after they learned of my wreck because they too believed that the dream was for a reason and that an angel was watching out for me that day. Judging by my vehicle, I could have been hurt bad or even worse.

    I'll always consider that the only proof I need that there are indeed angels, and inversely, demons amongst man. If there is one, there is the other. It makes all of these demon stories and exorcisms that much more believable to me.

    So, that's my long winded reply to starkvegasdawg in saying I could 100% believe the "snake"/demon theory to what your little daughter experienced. Not because I have experienced one myself, but I do believe I have experienced the polar opposite.

    Great thread, one of the best OT: in a while. This stuff is always so fascinating.
    "State can only hope to reach the level of success that southern cal, florida, alabama, lsu, and Mississippi reach year in and year out" - KurtRambis4


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  36. #36
    Do you live over by OCH?

    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I am not sure if I have seen one or not. I do know I have had some strange occurences happen and they all seemed to start when my daughter was born. At our old house my wife started having the feeling of being watched and one night she was in the den feeding my daughter when she suddenly started hearing the kichen cabinets start opening and closing. Not long after I got a job in Starkville and we moved here. We built a house (now in it for 4 years). Not long after we moved in we really started having strange occurences. Had voices come through the speakers of my stereo system that was turned off at the time. It was also not hooked up to a radio antenna so all you can get is the CD player. We have seen several dark human shaped shadow figures out of the corners of our eyes. Pictures in frames that we had sitting on tables would be moved and laying down. I have been laying in bed and feel someone tap my shoulder. I thought it was my wife and rolled over to see what she needed only to see she is facing way from me and sound asleep. Also had a whispery voice get my attention at night. Again, thought it was my wife but she was sound alseep. The coup de gras was one night my daughter woke up screaming. Not crying...screaming. We rush into the her room and she is huddled up as far into the corner of her toddler bed as she can get. Eyes huge and you can tell she is terrified as she stares at her closet. We ask her what is wrong and she says "He was in here." Who is he was our next question. SHe answers, "The snake." Well, being good Southern Baptists the snake reference conjures up one very vivid idea. That next day we hung a cross in her room and made sure the closet doors were always closed. (Yes, you can rib me about this, but the fact remains after all the stuff we had experienced and the terror in my little girl's eyes I was not leaving anything to chance.) That was all about three years ago. Things had been pretty quiet since then until a couple of weeks ago. The kids (now have a boy too) got some remote control cars. One afternoon we are sitting in the den watching TV and one of the cars starts running. It will move forward about 6" and then stop. Then it would move backwards a little bit. It did that off and on for about an hour. All the while I am sitting on the couch staring at the remote on the floor in front of me. Last night I get up because I can't sleep well at night. I go into the den to watch some TV and see my son (age 4) curled up on the couch asleep. I decide not to wake him and just let him sleep there. This morning I asked him why he was on the couch and not in his bed and he said he woke up and there was a shadow at the end of his bed that scared him so he came into the den to sleep. Oh, forgot to add - back during the height of all of the events I was describing earlier, my son was also being scared at night and pointing to his closet door that was usually left open. A lot of those events I would like to pass off as imagination or not seeing what we thought we saw or heard what we thought we heard. Only problem with that is that on several occassions bothme and my wife would experience it at the same time so if it was imagination then we were both imagining the same thing at the same time.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  37. #37

    No, I live over on the western side of Starkville just outside the city limits

    nm


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  38. #38

    This actually happened to a friend of mine....

    But its still a pretty good story. Years ago he worked 3rd shift at a local hospital while in school and late one afternoon he was hanging out with a friend who worked for a local funeral home. The friend was called to pick up the body of a lady who had died in a car accident in a small town about 25 miles away. He asked my friend if he wanted to come along to keep him company and he agreed in that he should have plenty of time to get back for work. On the way there they passed part of the time repeating ghost stories they had acquired over the years. The victim had been pronounced dead at the scene so she was taken to a local funeral home and that is where they went to pick her up. When they got there the funeral home director took them back to a room where the body was laid out on an embalming table and she was a mess. Massive injuries to her head and torso and one leg that was almost completely amputated about mid shin. My friend got kind of weak kneed and so he excused himself while the other two prepared her for transport.

    Well turned out that the funeral home didn't have any body bags so the corpse was just wrapped in some sheets and placed on the stretcher. Well when by the time they started back it had gotten dark and fog had rolled in and it was super spooky as they made their way back on the remote and very dark rural highway. They were now regretting the earlier ghost story session. As they were making their way on a bypass the road made a long sweeping curve to the left with a long slopped embankment off to the right. Well in the fog the driver missed the curve and ran off the road and down the embankment. The hearse bounced around violently as they rolled down the bank and finally they got stopped. The kid driving started screaming and my friend tried to calm him down by reassuring him that the car wasn't damaged and they were OK when discovered why he was screaming. In all the bouncing around the body had come partially off the stretcher and there was the dead woman's badly mangled face plastered against the glass separating the front and rear compartments, one unseeing eye staring blankly at them. Well, my shell shocked friend gave the dead woman the hearse but then on the way up the hill felt bad about leaving the other guy behind and stopped and turned around only to be flattened by his buddy who was right behind him.

    At that point neither had the nerve to get back in the car so they went up to the road but could not get one of the few cars to pass by to stop when they tried to flag them down. Well, after about 30 minutes of that they decided they would just have to just forget about the gristly spectacle staring at them against the back glass & got back in the hearse and managed to maneuver it it back on the road. Well my friend said we cannot take her back like that but neither one of them had the fortitude to get in that rear compartment and fix her so they drove back to the funeral home where they had picked her up earlier. When the funeral director opened the door the woman's leg that was just hanging on before fell out onto the ground. The funeral director, who was none too happy, commented. "Poor woman had two car accidents in one day". Well they got her back on the stretcher and made it back home. That night my friend went to work and someone asked him if he had heard about so-and-so who worked at the hospital and was killed in a car accident that day near this same small town. My friend was shocked to realize that the unfortunate accident victim was a co-worker that he did not recognize due to her condition.
    Last edited by thekimmer; 10-31-2013 at 10:26 PM.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  39. #39
    IBleedMaroonDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    12,963
    Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    When I was about 13, I went to Chicago to stay with my Dad for about a month. During that time, my cousin (who was about 16) drowned in a pond behind his home. I wasn't able to come back for the funeral and that bothered me. My cuz was the older brother I never had and a really cool dude.

    Later that fall I was staying at my Grandma's house where he and I usually got together on the weekend to hang out and help her with her garden, mow the yard, etc. I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the can. As I am walking down the hallway I look up and there he sits at the kitchen table, smoking a cigar and smiling. He looked normal except that he had some kind of glow I really can't describe. Not blinding or anything, just an illumination (it was the middle of the night.)

    He looks at me and smiles and says, "Hey man! You wanna play some poker?"

    I froze, wiped my eyes and shook my head… but he was still there.

    I actually stepped into the bathroom and turned on the light, looked at myself in the mirror to make sure I am awake and then looked back out down the hall.

    He's still sitting there with a cigar in his mouth and smiling.

    I look into the mirror again and look for him one more time and he's gone.

    So… I never tell anyone this story till one night about 20 years later my Mom and his Mom (my Aunt) were sitting around telling "ghost" stories on Halloween night and having a couple of drinks. I finally tell them the story. I had never told my Aunt because she had really, really taken my cousin's death hard.

    She looks at me and smiles and says, "You know... Mike's favorite thing was to go hang with his friends on the weekend to play poker and smoke cigars."


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

  40. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    Anyone seem a ghost? I think some large percentage clAim up have. Me, no.
    My best friend's wife straight-up did. I won't do the story justice as she would, and I feel obligated to note that this lady is not given to exaggeration, drama or otherwise. In short - I believe her. Anyway, long and short of it is, they had a house that was circa 1921. Apparently the matriarch in the family that built it and lived in it for a long time died in the house.

    Well, both my buddy and his wife had many experiences where doors would open and close, and once my buddy said he heard a door slam, he went to go see what was going on on at the front door and it was wide open. As he stood there confused, he heard the back door slam. He goes back there and it too was wide open. Least I think that's how he told it.

    Anyway neither had seen anything for a while - until my buddy's wife walked into the bedroom and saw her standing looking out the window, plain as day. Said the woman was beautiful, peaceful. Said it freaked her bad, but at the same time didn't feel threatened at all. I think she saw her again at some point too. Anyway, I may have gotten some of the details wrong, but that was basically what they told me.


    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SixPack Sponsors






Disclaimer: Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Mississippi State University or any other Mississippi State sports website. Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Scottish & Newcastle PLC d/b/a Bulldog Strong Ale. The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by SixPackSpeak.com. The interactive nature of the SixPackSpeak.com Discussion Forums makes it impossible for SixPackSpeak.com to assume responsibility for any of the content, including photographs and/or images, posted by participants. The ideas, suggestions, thoughts, recommendations, opinions, comments, advice, and observations made by participants of the interactive Discussion Forums are not endorsed by SixPackSpeak.com.