A few pics and thoughts from fan day!

We made the trip out to campus today to check out the stadium. Good crowd at 4:00 waiting for the gates to open. Probably at least 3,000.

[IMG][/IMG]

I was anxious to see the Scoreboard Club and the view of the field from the seats. NOT. The section was closed cause it's NOT FINISHED! Wiring and stuff hanging everywhere. Was disappointed to not be able to check it out.

The Gridiron was nice but still skeptical of the view of the game from there. People standing outside the windows definitely blocked the view.

Walked out to center field to get a good players view. The whole stadium was inspiring but I noticed one thing.

Looking South at the M Club Building, I noticed that the building was perfectly aligned with the center of the field.

[IMG][/IMG]

Looking North at the new addition, noticed that it was off center by a foot or so. They need to doc em some pay for that**

[IMG][/IMG]

Went up to check our our new seats. I was happy to see that the 100s and 200s had received some brand new seats. Looks like the 300 level got a big "<17> You!" though cause they still have the same old ass faded seats.

[IMG][/IMG]

Noticed these new things on the 200 level. Maybe I missed them before but I sure don't remember them. Any ideas what these are?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

MSU 2021 | MSU 2022 Yes | No

Last two pics... Is that wifi?

Looks like wi-fi radios

i see like 4 things worth firing somebody over.

Darth Photoshop BigMotherTucker's Avatar
    Like??

Did they fix "cross"?

I spy a wal-mart shirt.

Nope. Still says "CORSS"

Darth Photoshop BigMotherTucker's Avatar
    Who would we fire over corss?

View from my scoreboard seats. We were able to get in the club and up to our seats.

i was joking, but i could come up with 4 things if you really want.

john bracky stricklandz

Quote Originally Posted by katfsh View Post

View from my scoreboard seats. We were able to get in the club and up to our seats.
    Katfish... When I clicked on your pic it went to your photobucket folder of pictures. Whose Oil and Gas collection is that? The Pan Am Motor Oil sign from around WW1 is sick!!! The entire collection has to be worth a mint.

WHOOP THAT TRICK
    Gridiron Club. As I see it, the purpose is for an indoor tailgate area only. Which is why they require you to have tickets elsewhere.

My only critique, They need to extend the hours on it. 3 hrs prior to 2 hours after. Make exceptions on 11:30am games to 2 hours prior to 3 hours after the final whistle.

GC opens 2 hours prior to game and closes 2 hours after game for games beginning at 6 pm or earlier.

For games beginning after 6, it closes 1 hour after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DerHntr View Post
    Katfish... When I clicked on your pic it went to your photobucket folder of pictures. Whose Oil and Gas collection is that? The Pan Am Motor Oil sign from around WW1 is sick!!! The entire collection has to be worth a mint.
    It's mine and my dad's collection. We have a fair amount invested in it! Thanks for the compliments!

It's mine and my dad's collection. We have a fair amount invested in it! Thanks for the compliments!
    Holy shit. Hell of a collection man. Totally impressed. I'll expect to see you on American Pickers one day telling them no deal.

I bet your man cave is sweet.

We have completely hijacked the thread! I have a 25x25 woodworking shop in my backyard that has every sq inch of walls space filled. My dad's shop is 30x50 completely full. Another farm building that's 75x75 has 50 or so signs hanging from the ceiling of it. Also have a shipping container holding signs and close to 100 gas globes, just waiting on is to build our replica gas station to display stuff in.

We have completely hijacked the thread! I have a 25x25 woodworking shop in my backyard that has every sq inch of walls space filled. My dad's shop is 30x50 completely full. Another farm building that's 75x75 has 50 or so signs hanging from the ceiling of it. Also have a shipping container holding signs and close to 100 gas globes, just waiting on is to build our replica gas station to display stuff in.
    MIND. BLOWN.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigDA View Post
    Looks like wi-fi radios
    It's not wifi. It's either the CSpire or the AT&T distributed antenna system.

ETA: The first picture is a CSpire antenna; the second is an AT&T one.
    Last edited by vhdawg; 08-24-2014 at 11:21 PM.
    -VH

Why would the north end not be centered? Surely would think someone would catch this. It appears not centered for first level, but is centered for loge seating.

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    200's got new chairbacks last year. 100's get new chairbacks this year.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

It could be the distance between the two grandstands and the M-Club building, as well, and bridging the gap between all that. I mean you are talking about two separate grandstands built 30 years apart, then a building put in between them (which probably was not centered 100% with those two grandstands), the wrinkle being that the field is completely centered with the M-Club.

I'm fine with it because the field used to be nowhere close to being centered with the M-Club and that looked goofy as shit on TV. This really isn't that noticeable... and I doubt it will be noticeable at all on TV, which is all that matters to me.

Twitter
    @fishwater99
    How does the transition on the East side to the new seating in the North end-zone and concourse look?

If you're asking about how it looked from the concourse underneath the stands, then the answer is that the area was closed off and you couldn't get to it. I tried. I could see railings for a staircase going down to the East side, but I couldn't get close to them.

Twitter
    @fishwater99
    thanks... Not bad at all.

Looking North at the new addition, noticed that it was off center by a foot or so. They need to doc em some pay for that**

This could be a real problem. It's going to 17 up our field goal kicker's accuracy**
    or
    It's brilliant and the goal post was moved a couple of feet to the right since our field goal kickers are usually wide right.

i think they should continue those stairs all the way down, but i agree, not bad 'atol. maybe something like that is in the works for an east side renovation.