2017 MSU Helmet & Uni Combos

Dead time for me, so I decided to play around a little. I mocked up what I thought would be best for next year's unis. The stripes on maroon pants needed help so i fixed them with matching stripes on sleeves. To be Honest, I'm still not that crazy about them (maybe the maroon pants & jersey should just be solid maroon-that'd be ok with me). The Black alternates are just an afterthought, but I'm sure we'll have a "Blackout" game next yr. I didn't change too mush with the helmets, just a silver face mask on the white helmet. That way each helmet gets a different facemark color, except for the Black (solid). Anyway, excluding the Black, we can easily mix-n-match each piece and have a more "uniformed" uniform each time we step onto the field.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-MSU-HELMETS.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	888.9 KB 
ID:	5832Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-MSU-UNIS.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	256.5 KB 
ID:	5831

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    women's basketball | men's basketball Yes | No

Fitz striking the heisman?

Also, I don't think we should ever wear maroon pants.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

[QUOTE=ChillbillyRock;1298754]Dead time for me, so I decided to play around a little. I mocked up what I thought would be best for next year's unis. The stripes on maroon pants needed help so i fixed them with matching stripes on sleeves. To be Honest, I'm still not that crazy about them (maybe the maroon pants & jersey should just be solid maroon-that'd be ok with me). The Black alternates are just an afterthought, but I'm sure we'll have a "Blackout" game next yr. I didn't change too mush with the helmets, just a silver face mask on the white helmet. That way each helmet gets a different facemark color, except for the Black (solid). Anyway, excluding the Black, we can easily mix-n-match each piece and have a more "uniformed" uniform each time we step onto the field.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-MSU-HELMETS.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	888.9 KB 
ID:	5832Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-MSU-UNIS.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	256.5 KB 
ID:	5831Love the maroon pants; can't stand the white helmets. I thought we got rid of those when Croom left.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by rem101 View Post
    Fitz striking the heisman?

Agree 100%. Maroon pants look horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by bully12 View Post
    Can't stand the white helmets. I thought we got rid of those when Croom left.
    Uh, no. You must have missed some games the last couple of seasons, including the Egg Bowl this year.

Goatholder's Latest Username
    Agree, that is some SWAC looking crap if I have ever seen it

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Three Words

No White Helmets.
    [image]https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/46482010_10215768325618546_1036688621446365184_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=aed9b556c63cf3d486fe00646d8824c9&oe=5C754991[/image]
    MooU Has Rednecks

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

maron trousers truly suck donkey ball

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

stripes on outside of shoulder should be there forever and a day

never ever, ever, every white helmets.....so croomesque......and never ever, ever, maroon pants.....enough said...

albeit, those grays look awesome.....about the only ones i like....

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I've grown to hate the maroon pants more than the white helmet.

I'm fine with maroon pants except the grey piping on them. Man I miss Jack giving the description of our uniforms

I like all maroon.
    ​"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." LAO TZU

That's our "SWACiest" look.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

I like the silver helmets, but can you do a triple stripe on them, a la the Cowboys or Kansas State?

To me, they're missing something and I think that's it. Plus it'll flow seamlessly with our sleeve/pants stripes.

We sported white lids for the Egg Bowl. That turned out pretty good.

I have a feeling we are going to see the all-gray/silver combination at some point in 2017.

Maroon pants look good with white tops.

Nailed it.

I agree that G-W-G stripes would look better on maroon than the W-G-W they went with this year. I don't see them going back on that, but we can hope.

Gray jerseys really need to happen. Been campaigning for that for a couple of years. Hopefully they would do gray in place of black, but if they do still want to do black, this is the way to do it. No illegible maroon numbers and no distorted flags.

I hate the maroon pants and hate the white helmets as well. White jersy, white pants, and maroon helmet for the road, maroon jersey, white pants, and maroon helmet for home games.

I don't really like the "black out" uniform at all; if we must occasionally completely abandon our school colors, I'd prefer the gray/silver option. Or, if we are just "hail bent" on looking odd once a year, go all maroon and embrace the suck.
    Last edited by Joe Schmedlap; 01-02-2017 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rem101 View Post

This is a fact. Not an opinion.

64 combos

I don't like any of the gray uniform pieces, and rather not see any of the black uni pieces either.

I'm fine with maroon pants only if it's all maroon. I hate white tops and maroon pants. I think we also did gray pants with white tops before... that may be the worst combo ever. Too much white paired with gray pants just looks weird.

Shit can the white helmets. Substitute the gold helmets we wore in the Egg Bowl a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawdawg View Post
    I like the silver helmets, but can you do a triple stripe on them, a la the Cowboys or Kansas State?

To me, they're missing something and I think that's it. Plus it'll flow seamlessly with our sleeve/pants stripes.
    I'm with you on that!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmedlap View Post
    I hate the maroon pants and hate the white helmets as well. White jersy, white pants, and maroon helmet for the road, maroon jersey, white pants, and maroon helmet for home games.

I don't really like the "black out" uniform at all; if we must occasionally completely abandon our school colors, I'd prefer the gray/silver option. Or, if we are just "hail bent" on looking odd once a year, go all maroon and embrace the suck.
    I like your first paragraph. It would be nice to start a tradition by wearing the same uniforms as you suggested for all of our games, similar to what Alabama, Auburn, Penn State, and a lot more schools do. Probably won't happen, though, because we have too many divergent views.

I concur.

I'd like to see all maroon with white helmets... just to piss off the maximum number of people.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

I attended all 59 games and 21 wins of the Croom Error and those white 17ing helmets can all go straight to hell. The only thing that would have made that last Egg Bowl victory sweeter is if we'd been wearing maroon helmets like God intended.
    -VH

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Ditto!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FQDawg View Post
    I'd like to see all maroon with white helmets... just to piss off the maximum number of people.
    Maroon pants with the stripe, grey top, white helmets. The ultimate fan favorite combo!