Current status of our recruiting class and roster...

The number to look at is the 85 number. We currently have 65 scholarship players returning. So we have 20 open spots. There is talk about taking a grad transfer at CB and there is some talk about adding Noah Elliss. So that would give us 18 open spots.

What you have been seeing today and the past couple of days with the exception of Bishop and possibly McPherson is Moorhead and staff correcting the problem that Mullen left them with.

We currently have 20 commits, 1 of whom will not qualify, so that's 19. I would look for one more commit to be processed soon getting us down to the 18 open spots. Healthy attrition would be 3-5 players off the current roster not returning.

So I would look for us to add 3-5 players with the priorities being Whop, Harris, and Carvin. There will probably be a couple of more names pop up after the Dec. 22nd early signing period ends.

Hope that helps anyone who doesn't follow recruiting that closely.
    Last edited by HoopsDawg; 12-11-2017 at 02:58 PM.

General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

Any more talk of bringing dez back for 6th year? That could further complicate numbers

Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Any more talk of bringing dez back for 6th year? That could further complicate numbers
    That's not going to happen.

I've wondered if he allowed so many commitments this year because he knew he'd be taking another job somewhere. There was no way we'd be able to enroll everyone he had committed plus a few more you expect to gain between end of the season and signing day.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    The number to look at is the 85 number. We currently have 65 scholarship players returning. So we have 20 open spots. There is talk about taking a grad transfer at CB and there is some talk about adding Noah Elliss. So that would give us 18 open spots.

What you have been seeing today and the past couple of days with the exception of Bishop and possibly McPherson is Moorhead and staff correcting the problem that Mullen left them with.

We currently have 20 commits, 1 of whom will not qualify, so that's 19. I would look for one more commit to be processed soon getting us down to the 18 open spots. Healthy attrition would be 3-5 players off the current roster not returning.

So I would look for us to add 3-5 players with the priorities being Whop, Harris, and Carvin. There will probably be a couple of more names pop up after the Dec. 22nd early signing period ends.

Commits do not equal signing class. You know that right. You dont have to correct that until after the early signing period. These are just guys decommiting.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Cow College View Post
    Commits do not equal signing class. You know that right. You dont have to correct that until after the early signing period. These are just guys decommiting.
    LOL, you can't process signees. Signing day is 9 days away. You know that right?

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I have heard that the staff expects to have 15 signatures on the early date.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Forbin View Post
    Sounds about right.

LOL, you can't process signees. Signing day is 9 days away. You know that right?
    You're both right. We are going to have to process some guys, sure. But we don't have to do that right away, especially with a new coach who needs to evaluate players. On the flip side, we can't sign everyone. But he can sign more now and process later if he wants.

The original post should have just used your gif.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbaja View Post
    The original post should have just used your gif.
    Sorry I wasted your time.

who is the possible grad transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by DosEquis View Post

Casey Hughes from Utah
    Last edited by Willow Grove Dawg; 12-11-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Twitter
    Tweet
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow Grove Dawg View Post
    I think it is a CB from Utah. Sorry forgot the name
    Bob chucklelips.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Forbin View Post
    Does that mean we would be short 3 to 5 players from our 85? Would we be able to make it up later?

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBlitz View Post
    Bob chucklelips.
    He's my cousin, 'ya know? huh, huh!

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by DosEquis View Post
    Speaking of grad transfers, not sure if he was hurt but Cedric Jiles played in 4 games for Wake Forest with one tackle and one PBU.