General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

61 years old & still has a strong case of the red-ass

Really Annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by CochiseCowbell View Post
    Itís rumored by multiple players and different teams Showalter is pretty much a giant asshole. I donít know if he is one as a person off the baseball field. Thatís why he doesnít last long in the Bigs. Iím a Rangers fan and the players didnít like him when he was there. There was no fun had in the clubhouse. I feel like with that managerial style heíd be better suited for college. You canít really come at professional adults like that and maintain success.

He use to come Len Lew's order a beer and burger, sit at counter by himself and never speak to anyone.
    "You magnificent bastards, I read your book" General Patton.

Heard he's done a lot for his old hometown (building stadiums, etc.). Also seem to recall someone on here having a conversation with him once & he being a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawgFan86 View Post
    Itís rumored by multiple players and different teams Showalter is pretty much a giant asshole. I donít know if he is one as a person off the baseball field. Thatís why he doesnít last long in the Bigs. Iím a Rangers fan and the players didnít like him when he was there. There was no fun had in the clubhouse. I feel like with that managerial style heíd be better suited for college. You canít really come at professional adults like that and maintain success.
    He's in the top 25 all-time in number of wins.

I've found him to be a good guy.

No matter. Hats off to all the assholes out there who say "17 you and your feelings, we have a job to do."

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

He's won 1500 games, so he has done something right. I think he is just past his time. He probably would have killed it in the 60s/70s/80s before all the huge contracts, analytics, and big(ger) pro athlete egos really came into play.

Plenty of great managers and coaches are assholes. That said, to quote Yancy, this is much to do about nothing. So what if he walked to the mound before the guy finished his home run trot. If anything, he sped up the glacial pace of a professional baseball game and did everyone a favor.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawgFan86 View Post
    Buck has been with his current team longer than all but three current managers.

This is a non-story.