Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1

    At this point, I hope Henderson gets the job...

    if only because I'm really over the posters* here who just can't let any support of him go and who feel the need to rail against the guy in every single thread.

    * And by posters, I mean one poster in particular. We get it. We ALL know how you feel about the guy. You don't have to keep repeating the same argument over and over and over and over.
    Last edited by FQDawg; 06-14-2018 at 03:34 PM.


    9 out of 18 sixpackers like this post
    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

  2. #2
    The optics of getting rid of him look really bad. Heís won a coaching award and gotten us to Omaha. So you just get rid of him? I donít think any of these top level coaches want to work under the IB. Itís gonna be Henderson or an up and coming young coach. I still think that the IB is insisting that the coach he hires retain Gautreau as part of the deal, and that is why these seasoned coaches donít want to come here. They are going to want to hire their own staff. Cohen could get away with doing that to a Cannizaro type but not a longtime head coach.

    I have said to take a gamble and keep Henderson for the reason that it keeps the current staff intact. I donít think Hendo is some genius mastermind, but maybe things would be different with this staff. Itís not like we would hire him for life. Cohen will get rid of him if he doesnít perform. Itís not like this is our one chance to hire a coach for eternity. It just seems foolish to find a staff that has been successful with these kids and then break it up. It seems like a big risk.


    1 out of 8 sixpackers like this post
    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

  3. #3
    the peeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lurking in the shadows...
    Posts
    5,195
    You don't like this poster "railing against the guy in every single thread", soooo, you start another thread about it instead of just making a post to that effect there? OK....


    8 out of 8 sixpackers like this post
    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

  4. #4
    One other factor in this to consider is does GH actually want the head job. He came here as an assistant, seemed to be happy in that roll, and took the job as a nessessity when the AC situation happened. He had his run as a head coach and my not want that again. If this is the case I say go ahead and make Gautreau the guy and keep this train rolling and let GH go back to running the pitching staff.
    Last edited by boomer38901; 06-14-2018 at 04:17 PM.


    2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

  5. #5
    Tell you what, asshole, Why don't you try counting the number of threads started by people calling for CGH to get the job, and compare that to the number of posts I or anyone else who is actually using logic on this topic have started.

    Then how about you count the number of posts made by people falling all over themselves to proclaim him the, "rightful heir" to our HC job and compare that to the number of my posts or mine and every other poster who shares my opinion.

    And if you want to be anything other than a completely biased jackass, how about you take a look at my posts on the subject and tell me how many aren't simply in reply to others intent on pushing their opposing viewpoint?

    I won't hold my breath, as my experience with people like you is you haven't an objective bone in your body. I'm sure you'll count this reply by me as yet another example of how you are right.

    ETA - I have yet to see a single solid post that refutes the points I and others who oppose CGH as HC have made. See a lot of personal insults, and whining about how bad I am for continuing to defend and promote my POV. But none of you jackals have been able to hang your hat on a damn thing other than the team's last 3 weeks of baseball, that included a bunch of things happening that have contributed to our late and postseason success.

    MacNamee hitting 5 HR's in the postseason and saving our asses from elimination at least twice after hitting just 3 the entire regular season. Boy that CGH was doing some fantastic coaching there. And just how masterful must CGH have been to trick Mike Martin into bringing his pitcher back in after a 2+ hour delay, and allowing him to continue pitching past the point everyone could see he was done. Yep, that wily old CGH must have used some powerful mind-control.***

    But wait, you say we then went on to beat an elite Vandy team in the SR...a team that averaged 50 wins (20 conference) the past 4 seasons. Sure, let's ignore the fact that this year's Vandy team struggled much like we did most of this year and won only 36 (15) this year.

    Screw you guys for forcing me to bring this shit up to counter your BS. Last thing I want to do is shit on our accomplishments as a team. Hell, I didn't want to shit on CGH...I just don't think he's earned our HC job.

    What this team has managed to do over the past 3 weeks in particular is remarkable. We had to overcome a ton. It took some incredibly gritty play, timely hitting, pitchers stepping up who had mostly failed in the regular season, etc. It also took some taking advantage of the other team's stupid coaching at times.

    It took a lot of things...several that had nothing to do with who our HC was at the time. Ironically, I was one of the few on this board near the end of the year still believing in this team when several of you gave up and/or said it was hopeless.
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 06-14-2018 at 05:04 PM.


    6 out of 14 sixpackers like this post
    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    I'm sure you'll count this reply by me as yet another example of how you are right.
    Hashtag nailed it.

    It's like you just can't help yourself. You bumped a five day old thread to say the same thing you've already said dozens of times.

    We know your position on the matter. So here's some friendly advice:

    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 933
Size:  952.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  


    3 out of 8 sixpackers like this post
    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

  7. #7

    Look at all those words

    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    Tell you what, asshole, Why don't you try counting the number of threads started by people calling for CGH to get the job, and compare that to the number of posts I or anyone else who is actually using logic on this topic have started.

    Then how about you count the number of posts made by people falling all over themselves to proclaim him the, "rightful heir" to our HC job and compare that to the number of my posts or mine and every other poster who shares my opinion.

    And if you want to be anything other than a completely biased jackass, how about you take a look at my posts on the subject and tell me how many aren't simply in reply to others intent on pushing their opposing viewpoint?

    I won't hold my breath, as my experience with people like you is you haven't an objective bone in your body. I'm sure you'll count this reply by me as yet another example of how you are right.

    ETA - I have yet to see a single solid post that refutes the points I and others who oppose CGH as HC have made. See a lot of personal insults, and whining about how bad I am for continuing to defend and promote my POV. But none of you jackals have been able to hang your hat on a damn thing other than the team's last 3 weeks of baseball, that included a bunch of things happening that have contributed to our late and postseason success.

    MacNamee hitting 5 HR's in the postseason and saving our asses from elimination at least twice after hitting just 3 the entire regular season. Boy that CGH was doing some fantastic coaching there. And just how masterful must CGH have been to trick Mike Martin into bringing his pitcher back in after a 2+ hour delay, and allowing him to continue pitching past the point everyone could see he was done. Yep, that wily old CGH must have used some powerful mind-control.***

    But wait, you say we then went on to beat an elite Vandy team in the SR...a team that averaged 50 wins (20 conference) the past 4 seasons. Sure, let's ignore the fact that this year's Vandy team struggled much like we did most of this year and won only 36 (15) this year.

    Screw you guys for forcing me to bring this shit up to counter your BS. Last thing I want to do is shit on our accomplishments as a team. Hell, I didn't want to shit on CGH...I just don't think he's earned our HC job.

    What this team has managed to do over the past 3 weeks in particular is remarkable. We had to overcome a ton. It took some incredibly gritty play, timely hitting, pitchers stepping up who had mostly failed in the regular season, etc. It also took some taking advantage of the other team's stupid coaching at times.

    It took a lot of things...several that had nothing to do with who our HC was at the time. Ironically, I was one of the few on this board near the end of the year still believing in this team when several of you gave up and/or said it was hopeless.
    Lots and lots of words!


    2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

  8. #8
    Like you just did? Oh, and I was simply responding to a post directed at me I just saw. Had nothing to do with wanting to "bump an old thread".
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 06-14-2018 at 05:11 PM.


    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

  9. #9
    And another example of someone who wants to bitch, but fails to address a single point.


    0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    And another example of someone who wants to bitch, but fails to address a single point.
    Youíre arguing with people who donít know what they are talking about. They just post a silly GIF or make some smartass reply about how you keep responding because quite honestly they donít know shit about baseball and have no clue how to respond. The only thing they can say is ďheís earned itĒ or something similar. If you go into details they just get lost.
    Last edited by campshelbydog842003; 06-14-2018 at 05:16 PM.


    5 out of 6 sixpackers like this post
    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

  11. #11
    Like the guy. Appreciate the steady hand. Gets credit, with Gautreau, for putting this team in position. Can he recruit at an elite level? Just have not seen the evidence of that. And that worries me. It's also why I think it won't be hendo.


    7 out of 7 sixpackers like this post
    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

  12. #12
    I understand where you're coming from. Problem is, think about what happened when we brought back Ron Polk the 2nd time in 2002. Ole Miss, a team synonymous with failure in baseball had just hired Mike Bianco.

    Though Ron had a great history of success, he was clearly past his prime, and not willing to adjust to the new realities of college baseball. Sure, we continued to make regionals, but we had a long history of that. Ultimately we all witnessed our program descend, with Bianco pouncing on the opportunity to recruit players that used to be ours for the taking.

    They continue to be a thorn in our side to this day. We're still trying to overcome that one. It only took bringing back one coach that was no longer fit for the job. Within 4 years Bianco won an SEC West Championship, and gotten OM positioned as a national seed. Don't discount how much damage can occur by making a wrong hire, even if it's just for a few years.


    1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

  13. #13
    You're right. Though I suspect it's not that they're, "lost", rather they're angry because we support our position with facts they can't dispute. Rather than acknowledge the points they just get insulting. Anything to avoid having to deal with the inconvenient facts they can't legitimately dispute.
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 06-14-2018 at 06:51 PM.


    0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

  14. #14
    Me too. He earned it.


    0 out of 5 sixpackers like this post
    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

  15. #15
    Really Annoying
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    874
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F540A24E-B8F9-4DDC-AFE1-CEA06D2C01BF.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	10431
    Nah I canít get behind a guy who does this as a head coach. This is an outlier season. Itís a wonderful outlier but itís not likely to be repeated by Hendo. This team still lost to Nicholls St., Memphis, etc. It started winning big games when the bats got going which last I checked is Gautreauís area. I vote NO on Hendo.


    3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

  16. #16
    IBleedMaroonDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    7,609
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer38901 View Post
    One other factor in this to consider is does GH actually want the head job. He came here as an assistant, seemed to be happy in that roll, and took the job as a nessessity when the AC situation happened. He had his run as a head coach and my not want that again. If this is the case I say go ahead and make Gautreau the guy and keep this train rolling and let GH go back to running the pitching staff.
    This is one part of this bigass argument that may make some look foolish for railing in either direction when it is all over with.

    Let's just enjoy the ride for now.


    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

  17. #17
    IBleedMaroonDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    7,609
    Name:  last word 2.jpeg
Views: 553
Size:  8.8 KB


    4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post
    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

  18. #18
    You canít have it both ways. To say CGH had nothing to do with the success of this team and then say another coach is better suited to lead our program. Does the coach make the tream or the team make the coach?

    I think CGH was smart enough to let the assistants do there job with no ego in the way.

    You want objectivity? Iíll give you this, Cannizarro tried to micromanage Gautreau. I think weíre a better team turning the assistants and the players loose to coach and play.
    Proof is in the (banana) pudding!


    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    Name:  last word 2.jpeg
Views: 553
Size:  8.8 KB
    Translation, "It's OK for me to get the last word...it's just not OK if you do because I don't agree with your opinion. Therefore I'll just ridicule you for replying to my, "last word"

    Gotcha.


    0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

  20. #20
    HumpDawgy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    St. Augustine, Floridy
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmuley View Post
    Like the guy. Appreciate the steady hand. Gets credit, with Gautreau, for putting this team in position. Can he recruit at an elite level? Just have not seen the evidence of that. And that worries me. It's also why I think it won't be hendo.
    Agree with this. However, If he does get the job, I hope they use some of that money they will save and hire another asst coach who has a lot of energy and can recruit. With Brown and Gautreau, we would have a very solid staff and we shouldn't see any drop off.

    I've been pretty anti-Hendo getting this job with his head scratching moves during the season, some non moves later, and low energy feel, but he is just like this team, giving us the middle finger when we count out the dawgs or mention a top name coach. As I have said before, if he wins it all, give him the job.
    Last edited by HumpDawgy; 06-15-2018 at 09:59 AM.


    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

  21. #21
    Miketice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Madison AL
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    Tell you what, asshole, Why don't you try counting the number of threads started by people calling for CGH to get the job, and compare that to the number of posts I or anyone else who is actually using logic on this topic have started.

    Then how about you count the number of posts made by people falling all over themselves to proclaim him the, "rightful heir" to our HC job and compare that to the number of my posts or mine and every other poster who shares my opinion.

    And if you want to be anything other than a completely biased jackass, how about you take a look at my posts on the subject and tell me how many aren't simply in reply to others intent on pushing their opposing viewpoint?

    I won't hold my breath, as my experience with people like you is you haven't an objective bone in your body. I'm sure you'll count this reply by me as yet another example of how you are right.

    ETA - I have yet to see a single solid post that refutes the points I and others who oppose CGH as HC have made. See a lot of personal insults, and whining about how bad I am for continuing to defend and promote my POV. But none of you jackals have been able to hang your hat on a damn thing other than the team's last 3 weeks of baseball, that included a bunch of things happening that have contributed to our late and postseason success.

    MacNamee hitting 5 HR's in the postseason and saving our asses from elimination at least twice after hitting just 3 the entire regular season. Boy that CGH was doing some fantastic coaching there. And just how masterful must CGH have been to trick Mike Martin into bringing his pitcher back in after a 2+ hour delay, and allowing him to continue pitching past the point everyone could see he was done. Yep, that wily old CGH must have used some powerful mind-control.***

    But wait, you say we then went on to beat an elite Vandy team in the SR...a team that averaged 50 wins (20 conference) the past 4 seasons. Sure, let's ignore the fact that this year's Vandy team struggled much like we did most of this year and won only 36 (15) this year.

    Screw you guys for forcing me to bring this shit up to counter your BS. Last thing I want to do is shit on our accomplishments as a team. Hell, I didn't want to shit on CGH...I just don't think he's earned our HC job.

    What this team has managed to do over the past 3 weeks in particular is remarkable. We had to overcome a ton. It took some incredibly gritty play, timely hitting, pitchers stepping up who had mostly failed in the regular season, etc. It also took some taking advantage of the other team's stupid coaching at times.

    It took a lot of things...several that had nothing to do with who our HC was at the time. Ironically, I was one of the few on this board near the end of the year still believing in this team when several of you gave up and/or said it was hopeless.
    Can you post a picture of yourself? Asking for a friend.
    #Frankthetank


    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SixPack Sponsors









Disclaimer: Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Mississippi State University or any other Mississippi State sports website. Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Scottish & Newcastle PLC d/b/a Bulldog Strong Ale. The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by SixPackSpeak.com. The interactive nature of the SixPackSpeak.com Discussion Forums makes it impossible for SixPackSpeak.com to assume responsibility for any of the content, including photographs and/or images, posted by participants. The ideas, suggestions, thoughts, recommendations, opinions, comments, advice, and observations made by participants of the interactive Discussion Forums are not endorsed by SixPackSpeak.com.


Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties