Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    Weren't you like 11 for the Maine game? I would hope you were sober...
    As this thread can attest you have no choice but to start early as a State fan.

We Donít Take No Shit | Loud Mouth 17in AD Yes | No

Maine, 3-2, and LSU beat us 45-0 on my 21st birthday (which actually wasnít that bad because LSU fans kept buying me drinks, and I forgot a great deal).

3-2 was worse to me than Maine.

4 years, 11 wins. 2001-2005, and I traveled to Eugene, Oregon.

The Dick Pace interference, wind blow field goal and Anklegate are the

trifecta for me.
    I don't always drink but when I do I become a message board genius**

we are the lost generation.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

The damn sleet game where Dontae Walker dove from the 2 and landed on the one.

Hey, I started drinkiní early brotha*

Quote Originally Posted by Go Budaw View Post
    I attended every single game (home and away) of Croomís 3-9 season in 2006. Included in that was the Tulane post-Katrina loss, an Egg Bowl loss in Oxford, an OT shitshow of a game at UAB, and the punt from UGAís 30 yard line in Athens.
    Getting our asses kicked (regardless of what the final score said, we did) by post-Katrina Tulane is the underrated Croom disaster. It was worse than Maine.

All these posts remind me of just how much shitty football we've had to go along with our good football over the last 30 years.

I was a student in the FMB for 1991-92, followed MSU football (though didn't attend every game by any stretch), then returned as a part-time student from 2000-2005. I sat through some BAD football.

I was at several of the games others have mentioned, but the one that got me that I haven't seen was losing to Tulane in 2003. We were up 28-3 in the 4th quarter and LOST 31-28. That, along with the 2000 Arkansas game, were the most MSU football moments of my life. I was lucky enough to dodge the Maine debacle since I had a wedding to attend. Thank God. I think I would have had a stroke.

Twitter
    @fishwater99
    I survived the Felker 1-10 (0-7 SEC) season while in college.

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    That Oregon trip. I remember walking up to their stadium and saying damn we have a ton of people here. 50% were gone by halftime.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

Tried to think of one not already mentioned: I was in Fayetteville in 1997 when we were ranked #15 and controlled our destiny to Atlanta with 2 games left and scored 7 points and lost to a 3-6 team.

The Sleet. No Socks. Because Joe Lee didn't wear socks.

Erik Kinrey - the all time RAT

Did Fant make it to Oregon?

Thanks for the Check

A combined score of 163-27 in Little Rock, the Swamp, and Neyland

Go for it then punt

3-2

I saw every minute of these.

I also saw every minute of 45-0 in Oxford but I felt strangely optimistic after that one.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqbully View Post
    Iím like Dawg1976,an old fart. I watched the immaculate deflection.
    I was sitting in those old metal bleachers in that game and had birds eye view of the ball going straight up and then back by the strong winds. One of the strangest things I have ever seen.

That Croom game at Georgia.. Go for it from the 40... then punt from the 30.. rolls into the endzone for net 10 yards. That was a microcosm of his stint here.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

I still don't have any clue what his reasoning could have possibly been on those two decisions. I would have been reasonably OK with punting from the 40, and definitely with going for it from the 30, or even kicking a FG from the 30. But I can't think of any possible reason why you would punt from the 30 when you just went for it and made it from the 40.

Without reading all of this, I think itís safe to assume vh has us beat

Quote Originally Posted by Seshomoru View Post
    The Sleet. No Socks. Because Joe Lee didn't wear socks.
    Ya don't say...

You guys are a bunch of sissies. I moved back to Hattiesburg the year that Ellis Johnson took over a team that won 12 games the year prior. And then he proceeded to go 0-12. In C-USA. I went to every home game.

6 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

I donít know how anyone who was at the 2000 Arkansas game could possibly say there was ever a worse game to attend.

It was freezing cold, sleeting, raining, and we blew our shot at the West by losing to a terrible Arkansas team.

And on top of that, half of our team got hurt. Pig broke his leg. A couple of d-linemen went down. It completely changed our season.

I watched us score a total of 20 points against Georgia. IN BASKETBALL.

1982. Coach Bob Boyd vs a Dominique Wilkins led UGA. Almost no one at the Hump that night. Literally almost no one, due to ice and sleet conditions on the streets. Roads were being closed due to weather. I walked over from Evans Dormitory. Final score was a 26-20 loss. We played a Four Corners stall the entire game to keep the ball out of Dominique's hands. . The NCAA invoked the shot clock a year or so later.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

I was at every game of the last three years of Sherrill and all five years of Croom, sober, and only left one of those early (2005 Kentucky, which afforded me the opportunity to make eye contact with and flip off head referee Rocky D. Goode as the referee van sped past me in the parking lot of Lexington's Commonwealth Stadium).
    -VH

Quote Originally Posted by Faustdog View Post
    I don’t know how anyone who was at the 2000 Arkansas game could possibly say there was ever a worse game to attend.

It was freezing cold, sleeting, raining, and we blew our shot at the West by losing to a terrible Arkansas team.

And on top of that, half of our team got hurt. Pig broke his leg. A couple of d-linemen went down. It completely changed our season.
    RIP the cellphone I carried to that game. Weather did it in. Same thing happened on the way back to the car at Houston in 2003. Came a flood as soon as the clock hit double zeroes. Now I keep zip-loc bags in the car.
    -VH

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Without reading all of this, I think it’s safe to assume vh has us beat

Correct.
    -VH

And we lost by 3.

Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    All these posts remind me of just how much shitty football we've had to go along with our good football over the last 30 years.

I was a student in the FMB for 1991-92, followed MSU football (though didn't attend every game by any stretch), then returned as a part-time student from 2000-2005. I sat through some BAD football.

I was at several of the games others have mentioned, but the one that got me that I haven't seen was losing to Tulane in 2003. We were up 28-3 in the 4th quarter and LOST 31-28. That, along with the 2000 Arkansas game, were the most MSU football moments of my life. I was lucky enough to dodge the Maine debacle since I had a wedding to attend. Thank God. I think I would have had a stroke.
    Do you remember the call in that game where Justin Johnson caught a ball and got hit bang-bang, and when the ball popped out it was ruled a fumble, which MSU lost.
    -VH

Quote Originally Posted by coach66 View Post
    trifecta for me.
    Same for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SterlingArcher View Post
    I was at the Maine game and 3-2, sober as a bird.
    I went to every game home and road during Jackie's last three years (and most of his tenure), as well as most during the Croom error.

I have seen some shit.

I sat through the entire 1991 Liberty Bowl, watching us get physically whipped by Air Force while sleet blew into my face. State's first bowl in over a decade.

The Air Force qb only threw 1 pass and ran for over 300 yards. Michael Davis scored in garbage time to cut it to 16 points

It has only been 37 muther 17'ing years, the statute of limitations ain't run out for that crime. 17 the hell outta Pace, Fourcade, & Michael Harmon.

Not me, but my dad drove down to Houston in 1969 to watch Houston destroy us 74-0 during the glorious Shira era.

I remember that game. I walked over from suttle.

Ď92 Egg Bowl sitting in OM student section.

I was at the Dick Pace game. (Drops mic).

Also at the 42-14 beat-down we took from USM in 1980 (I believe it was Homecoming that year) & the 7-6 loss to them in '81 where the only time they crossed mid-field was the kickoff fumble recovery they converted for the 7 points.

Quote Originally Posted by SterlingArcher View Post
    I was at the Maine game and 3-2, sober as a bird.
    I had to watch a Rick Ray basketball coached team as a student. I win.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    I stayed through the entire 2000 Memphis game at the Liberty Bowl. $4 bottled water.. no ice... the pressure fizzed like a coke when you opened it. Hottest game in the history of sports.
    I was there for that one, too. People were dropping like flies from heat exhaustion.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmettodog View Post
    Tough enough to sit through a game at Jackson Memorial Stadium and watch us lose to USM in 1986.
    ...in the final 2:00. We were in Sports Illustrated after starting the year 6-0. That final end to the '86 season was as low as the first 6 games was high.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugdawg View Post
    Yíall can pick out all these little streaks or seasons or bad games you want but Iíve endured every single Mississippi State home game since 1987 with the exception of one. I missed the home opener vs Memphis in 1995. Believe me there were times during the Croom Error that I had no desire but I wasnít gonna let him take my streak!!
    Hey Nugget, are you counting the "home" games LT sold to Florida? I was at one of our home games in Tampa.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou3000 View Post
    4 years, 11 wins. 2001-2005, and I traveled to Eugene, Oregon.
    Ahhh..the TireGate game.

It was a punt. 17 Rob Fesmire.