Baseball Coaching Positions

I have no doubt that Cohen and Lemonis went after the best available, but let's face facts. It's not easy getting people to buy into living in Starkville. What else could it be? We have the best stadium, we are in position to be successful for a long time, and we are willing to spend money. The only significant factor remaining is off-campus life with the family.

There's no more excuses left as to why we haven't hired a PC. We just can't get anyone we want to say yes. We are just getting them raises.

2 out of 11 sixpackers like this post
    17n Piece of Shit | Rob Skelton Yes | No

The sky is definitely falling. I do not know if we can recover from this delay.

Name:  tenor.gif
Views: 1280
Size:  268.1 KB

3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Fold the program**

No way we can get a good pitching coach now that its been 3 weeks since the season ended.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

I haven't been to the Cheetah, but hold tight.

We are about to break some news

Roger Rodeheaver will be named Mississippi State's new Director of Baseball Operations...
    NSD 2/6/2013 Freeze on LeBron's tweet, etc.: "I don't think you could go out and purchase the type of exposure we got today."
    Freeze on class: "Obviously we had some luck (with family ties, etc.) and I will readily admit that ... But we did it with integrity."

It's possible, but what's more likely is we've been trying to get top-notch guys who tend to be at top-notch programs, and have families, friends and a community they have bonded with. That brings it down more to the money. If their existing programs are willing to, "pony up" tp keep them, it makes sense they would not come.

But yeah, asking your family to leave everything including a nice climate in exchange for the oppressive heat and humidity of Mississippi in the summer is a bit of an ask. Corvallis, OR is a really nice place to live....nicer than Starkville, MS for people not influenced by state loyalty. Luring a PC away from the defending NC is a long-shot at best if they can approach the same money.

Getting a young guy with dreams of inheriting the HC position is harder when you have a young HC.

I count it as progress that we haven't gone out and conducted multiple radio interviews announcing ahead of time that we're hiring Dave Duncan or his equivalent as our next pitching coach.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

When we land Tom Emanski the whole college baseball world will forever be altered.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Really Annoying
    Cohen is batting somewhere below the Mendoza line on hiring baseball coaches hes gone after. You guys can sugarcoat it as much as you want to. Hes hiring guys outside the top 5 on the list. They might end up being great coaches but the perception is we are going after folks publicly and striking out.

2 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

Wait, so you're telling me the school with the smallest budget in the SEC, located in one of the smallest towns in the smallest state in the Power 5 is going to have to hire a pitching coach OUTSIDE the top 5 on the list?? No f'ing way. Get outta town.

Last edited by Junction John; 07-12-2018 at 03:38 AM.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Now we know what FL fans felt like when Stricklin had to settle on Mullen.

Since it's public, who are the top 5 have we gone after and struck out on?

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    If public news reports are considered public - Schlossnagle, McDonnell, Godwin, and the OSU pitching coach.

Now there's some rumors that doesn't get reported especially with Schlossnagle but publicly - it hasn't been a smooth coaching search.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

Well, not only does the prospective pitching coach have to work with Lemonis and IB. There's also the looming shadow of the IB's Consigliere of Baseball.

Our baseball budget isn't the smallest in the conference. Cohen said himself that we were willing to pay as much as anyone in the country for a baseball coach.

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    Leo Mazzone is rumored.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

I was specifically meaning pitching coaches since msudawgfsn86 said "he's hiring people outside the top 5 on the list". The only one I've heard rumor on we may have even talked to is Yeskie.