FIFA is intent on destroying the World Cup.

First they awarded the 2022 WC to Qatar, which will be a disaster played in freaking January. Then expanded it to 48 teams starting in 2026. But this may be the last straw. Now, they're cracking down on TV broadcasts showing all the hot women WC fans in the stands.

Link

Boo Dan | Boudin Yes | No

Earlier SWJs threw rocks at some news site (Reuters or AP I think) for making a gallery of good looking women at the WC.
    90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.

This is one tradition that never needs to die.

Link

They could all treat me however they wanted.

For being so socially conscious, they certainly don't seem to care about modern day slavery going on in Qatar. Over a thousand workers have already died in the construction of the stadiums, and they expect 4,000 will die before completion.

7 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

3h
    FIFAís 2022 World Cup in Qatar will take place between November 21st and December 18th. The World Cup has always been a welcomed spectacle during a long football free summer, rather than an interruption of the football season. Darn shame we have to wait 8 years.

Right in the middle of football and most league seasons...

I'd love to see the big European leagues stick together and refuse to release their players to play. Of course, it'll never happen. Another big issue is, Qatar is about 100 mi by 40 mi. And you're going to dump all the fans from 32 countries in that small area for a month. What could possibly go wrong there? **

I suppose they want to lose a substantial portion of their viewing audience. You can't fight mother nature.

Quote Originally Posted by aTotal360 View Post
    Earlier SWJs threw rocks at some news site (Reuters or AP I think) for making a gallery of good looking women at the WC.
    The neoliberals are attempting to make themselves feel better by shaming anyone that portrays women in any light other than their approved standard as knuckle-dragging, ignorant misogynists. I find this amusing as it wasn't long ago they were giving the other side shit about imposing their religious morals on everyone when they are doing the same thing.

Just for the record, I can't stand either side but I am sick of imposing politics of any kind in sports.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

I think they did this because it's 90 in December in Qatar instead of 115.
    90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by aTotal360 View Post
    I think they did this because it's 90 in December in Qatar instead of 115.
    That is exactly why it never should have been in Qatar to begin with.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

When they first awarded that WC they said they would magically get the temperature inside the stadium to eighty degrees in July using unicorn farts or something. Guess that technology never got developed.

Quote Originally Posted by L4Dawg View Post
    That is exactly why it never should have been in Qatar to begin with.
    Well, that and about a hundred other good reasons. But if you bribe enough FIFA voters, they'd play the World Cup in the pits of hell and not care.

Qatar has no business hosting the World Cup, but I'm honestly intrigued by a Winter World Cup as well as one in such a compact area. I don't think either of those things are terrible to try once in a while. Neither is worse than playing in a rainforest on the equator like the last one.

Pretty sure Qatar had to build an entire new 100,000 population city to meet the requirement. Like it didn't exist at all before FIFA made them build it.

Meh, it's a dry 115...

OT: Anybody got a lead on a job in Warsaw or Krakow?
    Last edited by Bobby Ricigliano; 07-14-2018 at 08:11 AM.

There are a lot of women suffering in the world right now for various reasons both self-inflicted and inflicted upon them. I bet none of them can blame it on their face being flashed on television for a few seconds in front of a primarily male audience, but damn if making it seem so isn't important to a lot of people for some reason.

Wimmin get dolled up to draw attention.
    men like hot wimmin
    wtf is wrong with that
    will they be allowed to show wimmin in birkas in Qatar

A winter World Cup is right in the middle of the season for all the major leagues. The reason the WC is played in the summer is thatís the offseason. It will be like MLB taking a 6-week break in June & July. Incredibly stupid idea.

Winter is the middle of their seasons? You don't say...

Yeah... I get that. It doesn't mean it's not an interesting alternative to playing it in blistering heat every time. The African Cup of Nations is played in the middle of their schedule seemingly every year and they deal with that. Fifa puts international breaks all throughout the calendar and they deal with that too. Some of the matches played in the winter are terrible anyway.

Just because it's never happened before doesn't mean it's the worst idea ever.